Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
Comment: Migrated to Confluence 4.0

Xavier Calvez:                        Yes please.

Wiki MarkupPastor Peters:                          First of all, apologies for the background noise.  My question is about the breakup of some of the expenditures.  For example, if you take a look at the item of evaluation \[time for ‘12\] is $10 million, and for the year ’13 it’s $11.8 million.  Does the budget go into the breakup of how this implementation \[outplay\] is to be detailed?  For example, what portion of the money is to be spent on legal services and what proportion of the money is to be spent on external consultancy, and what percentage of the allocation is…  And also an estimation of internal expenses.\\Peters:                          First of all, apologies for the background noise.  My question is about the breakup of some of the expenditures.  For example, if you take a look at the item of evaluation [time for ‘12] is $10 million, and for the year ’13 it’s $11.8 million.  Does the budget go into the breakup of how this implementation [outplay] is to be detailed?  For example, what portion of the money is to be spent on legal services and what proportion of the money is to be spent on external consultancy, and what percentage of the allocation is…  And also an estimation of internal expenses.

Xavier Calvez:                        Okay, so…
unmigrated-wiki-markup

Pastor Peters:                          So the main thing is \[it says\] these things will cost about $11 million. That’s not a clear picture and this is just one of the items.  I’ll go into mute because of background noise.\\Peters:                          So the main thing is [it says] these things will cost about $11 million. That’s not a clear picture and this is just one of the items.  I’ll go into mute because of background noise.

Xavier Calvez:                        Okay.  And if you don’t mind I will try to address probably partially only at this stage your question because I think you’re asking for more details which we can’t provide during this call; we probably need to have a written answer to be more comprehensive and precise.  But we can provide more explanation as to what each of the lines include.

Xavier Calvez:                        So you’re talking about objections that can be performed, can be provided by ALAC and you’re talking about the fees that can be driven by such an objection?

Wiki MarkupDev Anand Teelucksingh:       Correct.  I just posted it in the chat.  It says in the Applicant Guidebook that funding from ICANN is available for objecting filing fees as well as \[various team members’\] costs.\\       Correct.  I just posted it in the chat.  It says in the Applicant Guidebook that funding from ICANN is available for objecting filing fees as well as [various team members’] costs.

Xavier Calvez:                        Understood.  So I don’t know that this is included or not in these detailed numbers but I will verify and I will let you know.

Tijani Ben Jemaa:                    Okay, I have a few questions about your presentation…
unmigrated-wiki-markup

\[background conversation\]\\

Xavier Calvez:                        Olivier, I think you are not muted anymore.

Wiki MarkupTijani Ben Jemaa:                    Okay.  So on Page 6 we can see the \[study correlatives\], and the #9 is effectively to \[promote\] SO and AC and Board increasing activities. \\Jemaa:                    Okay.  So on Page 6 we can see the [study correlatives], and the #9 is effectively to [promote] SO and AC and Board increasing activities. 

Xavier Calvez:                        Yes.

Xavier Calvez:                        Yeah, I understand your point.  The columns are similar; I’m not sure if it’s necessarily exclusively overlapping.  I’m not sure it’s exactly the same thing but I see your point and I will clarify that because we shouldn’t mention the ISPs in both projects to your point.  And if there is an overlap we need to make sure that…  I don’t know offhand because I don’t know the details of both of these specific projects, but I see your point and I agree that there should not be an overlap; and if there is then there is a double count of some kind.  But we will verify whether there is that kind of overlap or not.  Thank you for pointing that out.
for pointing that out.

Tijani Ben Jemaa:                    Okay, another question now: the IDN variants management implementation and further studies are very costly.  I see that the amount set for them is very, very high --[$3 million, or almost $3 million].  So for the implementation, I don’t know how much does it cost; but for the further studies, as I see the program I think that it is done substantially by the community and the staff.  So I don’t know why we need $950,000.  It is on Page 18. Wiki MarkupTijani Ben Jemaa:                    Okay, another question now: the IDN variants management implementation and further studies are very costly.  I see that the amount set for them is very, very high --\[$3 million, or almost $3 million\].  So for the implementation, I don’t know how much does it cost; but for the further studies, as I see the program I think that it is done substantially by the community and the staff.  So I don’t know why we need $950,000.  It is on Page 18.\\

Xavier Calvez:                        Yes.  So coming back to my point earlier we will provide more views as to how these costs have been formulated to see what’s included in it and not included in it.  I think that…  Let me go back to Page 17 again.

But I agree with you that these two elements, one in core and what could potentially come from the additional requests, will have to be sorted out when we have a better view on it.  I agree.
on it.  I agree.

Tijani Ben Jemaa:                    Thank you, Xavier.  Last question please: on Page 31, once again we can note that the fees for registries are arbitrary.  They vary from a registry to another, and for the FY12 we submitted a statement saying that we have to [enforce] the contracts of those registries with exceptions for the public interest registries; not for the commercial ones.  Because I see now for example Verisign doesn’t pay for .com the fixed fees. Wiki MarkupTijani Ben Jemaa:                    Thank you, Xavier.  Last question please: on Page 31, once again we can note that the fees for registries are arbitrary.  They vary from a registry to another, and for the FY12 we submitted a statement saying that we have to \[enforce\] the contracts of those registries with exceptions for the public interest registries; not for the commercial ones.  Because I see now for example Verisign doesn’t pay for .com the fixed fees.\\

Xavier Calvez:                        Sorry, they don’t…?  I didn’t hear you well.  I didn’t hear what you said about Verisign.

Wiki MarkupTijani Ben Jemaa:                    No, no -- you will not see it here.  I know by the budget of last year, but here it is not written.  But it is written that the fees are not the same for all the registries.  If the exception is done for the public interest registries it will be okay, but if it is done for the commercial ones I think it is not normal to \[take that proportion\].\\Jemaa:                    No, no – you will not see it here.  I know by the budget of last year, but here it is not written.  But it is written that the fees are not the same for all the registries.  If the exception is done for the public interest registries it will be okay, but if it is done for the commercial ones I think it is not normal to [take that proportion].

Xavier Calvez:                        Sorry, Tijani, I did not understand what you’re saying.  When you say if it was done or if it was not done, I don’t know what “it” is.  I don’t know what you are referring to.

Xavier Calvez:                        Thank you to everyone for participating and for your questions, and we will follow up with publishing the questions that we will have received and answering them as well of course.  Thank you very much for everyone and good end of day, whatever time it is now on your end.

Wiki Markup\[End of Transcript\]\\