Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
LinkedIn Profile 

About Me in ICANN...  

I currently have recently had the honour of serving my fifth and final (2020-21) term as the ALAC Liaison to the GNSO and have been reconfirmed in preparation for the ICANN#69 virtual meeting to continue in this Appointment by the ALAC for the 2020-21 term.   handing over the role on October 28th 2021 to the very capable Justine Chew  my final and farewell report is linked below. This means my current leadership commitments entering 2022 are:  CCWG WS2 Accountability  and ATRT3 Implementation of Recommendation(s) Shepherd Teams; Nominating Committee Review Implementation Working Group - Vice-Chair; Convenor of the ALAC Prioritization Small Team of the Operations, Budget and Finance Working Group (OFB-WG-PST)

View file
nameFarewell Report of Cheryl Langdon-Orr as the ALAC Liaison to the GNSO - October 27th 2021.pdf
height250

Some not so recent history...

In June 2015 I was humbled and very proud to be awarded the second ICANN Multistakeholder Ethos Award along with  Nii with  Nii Quaynor. This award first established in 2014, "... was created to recognize those ICANN participants who have deeply invested in consensus-based solutions and the importance of ICANN’s multistakeholder model to Internet Governance." 

Previously I had been appointed for three terms (2007-10) as the ALAC Chair, then a Vice-Chair of the ICANN At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) 2010-2011). I followed that role by my appointment to the ccNSO Council as the Liaison from the ALAC (2010 -2013) http://ccnso.icann.org/  until I joined the Nominating Committee Leadership Team in 2013 as the 'Chair-Elect'. 

My term as the Chair the Chair of the 2014 ICANN Nominating Committee  Committee  http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-01oct13-en.htm  was completed with the closing of the ICANN Public Meeting #51 in Los Angeles mid-Oct 2014.8  Up 8  Up until the end of October 2015, at the ICANN 54 meeting in Dublin I served as the Associate Chair Associate Chair of the 2015 ICANN Nominating Committee, I have recently served as the Vice-Chair of the Nominating Committee Review Working Party, and as the Vice-Chair of the NomCom Review Implementation Working Group.

Within ICANN's At-Large Community I represent Internet Australia's (ISOC-AU) as an ICANN accredited At-Large Structure (ALS) in ICANN's Asia Pacific Regional At-Large Organisation (APRALO) and also as an APRALO representative to the ALAC, (2007 - 2011). As Chair of the ALAC, I was appointed to serve on the 1st Affirmation of Commitments Review Team for ICANN looking at Accountability and Transparency. http://icann.org/en/reviews/affirmation/review-1-en.htm;  At the end of 2018 after following the process and progress of the 2nd ATRT and other ICANN Specific and Organisational Reviews extremely closely, I was pleased to be appointed to also serve on behalf of the ALAC/At-Large in the 2019  3rd Accountability and Transparency Review Team ATRT3.  I am also an Individual member of the GNSO's Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group (NCSG). In the ICANN Community and has also served on numerous Working Groups, Work Teams, and Task Forces (mostly listed and linked below).  ALAC / At-Large Statement of Interest (SOI) is found here Cheryl Langdon-Orr SOI  and GNSO Statement of Interest (SOI) found  here  Cheryl Langdon-Orr GNSO - SOI

Nominating Committee Review Implementation Working Group - Vice Chair

Convenor of the ALAC Prioritization Small Team of the Operations, Budget and Finance Working Group (OFB-WG-PST)

----------------------------------------------------------

ALAC Consolidated Policy Working Group (CPWG) Member

ALAC Operations, Budget and Finances Working Group (OFB-WG) - Member and  Lead on the current Prioritisation of Recommendations  Small Team

ALAC/At-Large ICANN Meetings Program Organising Committees (Currently ICANN #71#73)

ALAC  At-Large Metrics  Sub-Committee (AM-SC)  Chair/Convenor (noting this WG is recently re-activated to start a new program of work once  Implementation planning and approval of  relevant Recommendations from 2nd At-Large Review April/May 21)

Cross-Community Working Group on a Framework of Principles for Future CWGs -  (CwgCWG-framework-principles)

ALAC Ad Hoc Accessibility Task Force (Chair)

In 2019 I was reappointed as a Director of Internet Australia (IA) (previously known a the Internet Society of Australia, ISOC-AU) an accredited ICANN At-Large Structure (ALS) since March 2005, having served in this capacity since 2001, I am also currently serving as Vice-Chair (International) and Hon Treasurer of Internet Australia, and act as their representative on the ISOC Chapters Advisory Council.

I served as a consumer advocate representative to the Australian Communications Compliance (CommCom) Advisory Committee an independent code monitoring (and reporting) body, that ensures that Carriage Service Providers (CSPs)  in Australia are compliant with the Telecommunications Consumer Protection Protections (TCP) Code, appointed late 2012 through to 2018.