Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Claudia Ruiz: (1/16/2019 09:19) Welcome to the At-Large Leadership Team (ALT-PLUS) Monthly Call on Wednesday, 16 January 2019 at 18:00 UTC

Claudia Ruiz: (09:19) https://community.icann.org/x/epAWBg

Evin Erdoğdu: (09:47) Hello all, welcome.

Heidi Ullrich: (09:57) Welcome, All!

Alberto Soto: (10:00) Hello everyone, again!!

Maureen Hilyard: (10:01) Does everyone hear that beeping noise?

Heidi Ullrich: (10:02) no

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (10:02) That was a while back

Alberto Soto: (10:02) no

Ricardo Holmquist: (10:02) Good day everyone, sorry for the delay

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (10:03) LOL

Ricardo Holmquist: (10:03) @Claudia, there is missing T at the end of my lastname on participants list

Claudia Ruiz: (10:05) Welcome Jahangir Hossain

Ricardo Holmquist: (10:05) @Claudia, thanks!

Claudia Ruiz: (10:06) @Ricardo, you're welcome

Claudia Ruiz: (10:06) Welcome Jonathan Zuck

Maureen Hilyard: (10:06) The Executive Summary Page is an awesome record

Jahangir Hossain: (10:06) @Claudia, Thanks !

Claudia Ruiz: (10:07) Welcome Eduardo Diaz

A-Eduardo Diaz: (10:07) @Claudia: Gracias.

Ricardo Holmquist: (10:09) @Maureen: are we going to share them (The Executive Summary Page) vias email or something?

Maureen Hilyard: (10:09) Sorry Jonathan,.. muted phone..

Maureen Hilyard: (10:10) @Ricardo.. anyone can share them. It does indicate the work that has been done on policy to date

Ricardo Holmquist: (10:10) I mean, sharing them via the RALO email lists, as pills of information

Heidi Ullrich: (10:11) Olivier is on a train so cannot speak loudly.

Alberto Soto: (10:11) The spanish channel is down?

John Laprise (ALAC/NARALO): (10:12) Very busy this AM

Claudia Ruiz: (10:12) @Alberto checking with operator

Alberto Soto: (10:13) ok, thanks

Claudia Ruiz: (10:15) @Alberto- it seems you dropped from the bridge, would you like a dial out?

Alberto Soto: (10:15) Thanks Claudia. I´m online now

Alberto Soto: (10:16) Today I have somre problems with my ISP

Heidi Ullrich: (10:16) Leon has confirmed the Plan is on the Consent Agenda on the Board meeting.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (10:17) Thanks Heidi

Heidi Ullrich: (10:17) Implementation Plan is at: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=90768808&preview=/90768808/102141994/At-Large%20Review%20Detailed%20Implementation%20Plan%20%20-%20%20Nov%202018.pdf

Heidi Ullrich: (10:17) The ARIWG has noted that there are ongoing actions. These, and Phase 1, can continue working on the implementation.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (10:17) and we only *need* to report in 6 monthly spaces

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (10:18) We DO need to set the next ARIWG Meeting though

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (10:19)  not todays business though

Ricardo Holmquist: (10:19) @CLO: but sounds like a good idea for Kobe

Heidi Ullrich: (10:19) Staff are planning their Social Media Training - Issue 9.

Heidi Ullrich: (10:21) ATLAS III Workspace: https://community.icann.org/display/ATLAS3/At-Large+Summit+III+Home

Heidi Ullrich: (10:22) Please look at the chart on the page that outlines the details of the summit and how it will be planned.

Heidi Ullrich: (10:23) ATLAS III will take place 4 Monday 2019 to Thursday, 7 November 2019.

Heidi Ullrich: (10:23) We will have David Kolb, who is the facilitator for the ICANN Academy courses, facilitate two sessions on Monday and Tuesday.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (10:24) Sure let me kniw when Maureen

A-Eduardo Diaz: (10:25) Veruy good.

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:26) thanks  Ed

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:26) Just a reminder that  NASIG  2019 will be held before the ICANN meetings.  Details will be forthcoming

Heidi Ullrich: (10:26) ABRs: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+FY20+Budget+Development+Workspace

A-Eduardo Diaz: (10:27) NASIG 2019 - find more info here - nasig2019.northamericasig.org

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:27) https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__northamericansig.org_&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=CXERzIws_vaPY8WrLB9yz2PICpecEh3yA9MaabnyyBk&m=Ymj6kCSwGsCHnaN_dO3YBTWDdYbSuB_AI7E8mU0hQd8&s=iW0xtbnFEVxNe4U9-H44eJwDVkfqMP-4L86W3wAMMZI&e=

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:31) someone didn't like your comment  Heidi:)

Alfredo Calderon: (10:31) @Heidi <Question> Those this affect the CROP Funding.

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:31) The idea of funding  Policy wonks is a good idea

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (10:32) CROP is not under ABR rulles so I suspect no change in criteria there @Alfredo but obviously staff can check

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:32) transcription or sometimes  calling captioning

Alfredo Calderon: (10:33) Thanks @CLO3.

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:35) I wonder if  its a good idea to do a mandatory webinar to help the RALO

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:35) to complete proposals that are compliant

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:35) I know that one change that the proposals  need to be vetted to their  RALO membership

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (10:36) That distinction between CROP and ABR purposes is worthy and important @Heidi

Heidi Ullrich: (10:37) Yes, Cheryl, increasinbly it is seen as a distinction

Heidi Ullrich: (10:37) that is why we ae asking for the increase in RALO discretionary funding

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:37) Did Heidi mention the ALAC proposal from Marita on Livestream?   I think it went to discretionary fund consideration i think

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:38) @Heidi  we need to include more planning by RALO on the use of Discretionary funding .  The  O and E plans have been only for CROP

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (10:38) Ohh Yes we ttird but clearly failed a lot

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (10:38) tried

Heidi Ullrich: (10:38) i'm on

Heidi Ullrich: (10:39) @Glenn, agree re more planning on how to use discretionary funding

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (10:39) Exactly  @Maureen

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:39) At  ISOC   Beyond the Net funding they have a series of educational webinars on how to submit a proposal  so  Cheryl and my suggestion is a mandatory webinar to answer questions on their submission

Heidi Ullrich: (10:39) It is a great oppty - and goes through Silvia and me ;)

Heidi Ullrich: (10:39) also only requires 3 weeks in advance

Heidi Ullrich: (10:39) @Alfredo, you will have a response today :)

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:39) Maureen i have a comment on Discretionary Funding increase

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (10:40) and yet all these IGF type applications still come in often from the Region that is not even the home OF the IGF **SIGH**

Alfredo Calderon: (10:40) +1 On @Glenn suggestion.  Proposals for ABR sould be better stated and follow some sort of annual strategic Plan.

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:41) Missing in the strategic plans is the missing Discretionary fund useage

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (10:41) collaboration is key  indeed!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (10:42) SOmuch better @Heidi

Alfredo Calderon: (10:42) There needs to be in place a means to set a deadline to ensure Discretionary Funds. Just to make sure all funds are wisely used.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (10:42) That seems SMART to me @Heidi/Glenn

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:43) I suggested this  to Daniel that  we have a workshop for  the O and E members to help them develop their  strategic plan by mentoring newpersons in creating their plans

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (10:44) makes sense @Glenn

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:44) One of the  discussion this week is the process of selecting  who goes to trips.  Some RALOS  have independent committee members that  select based upon a yardstick , others  have only the RALO leaders picking the CROP trips

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (10:45) Some RALOs seem to only have their Leaders 8taking* them @Glenn **SIGH**

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:45) We proposed a  Policy Comment workshop similar to what was done by NCUC

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:46) Loris Taylor did some revisions.  Did you get them?

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:46) good

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:47) NASIG

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:47) I did

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:47) Heidi   i provided a full proposal

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:47) strange

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:47) i will send it again to you

Heidi Ullrich: (10:48) for the policy workshop? I only have the NASIG.

Heidi Ullrich: (10:48) Very sorry if I missed it.

Claudia Ruiz: (10:50) Welcome Marita Moll

Marita Moll: (10:50) Sorry, medical appointment so couldn't make it before now

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:50) Welcome Marita  we are discussing the ABR  submissions.  Sergio is explaining  LACRALO  proposal

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:51) @Sergio  i understand that  LACNIC has online resources

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:51) on IG

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:51) in Spanish and Portuguese

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:52) Speak with Kevon Swift

sergio salinas porto: (10:53) Dear @Glen It is not the same, we do not reach the same target audience

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:54) I did send it

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:54) i resent it

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (10:54) and the course anyway from that programme will soone be available for anyone to benefit from in ICANN Learn

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (10:54) and the course anyway from that programme will soone be available for anyone to benefit from in ICANN Learn \

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:54) k

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (10:54) odd duplications sorry

sergio salinas porto: (10:55) Ok Heidi +1

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (10:55) Betsy mentioned that when she was briefing Maureen, ALan, Eduardo and OCL

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (10:56) but it's been hours since that call surely someone has made changes G ;-)  (joke(ish)

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:56) May 13 to 17 in Mexico City is the SSIG

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:56) Fellowships are available

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (10:57) unless the 400M is measured to the conference bld and not the enterance we will need to use ;-)

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:58) If some people  can't  go due to visa hickups  etc   How are people selected as alternatives?

Alfredo Calderon: (10:58) For the SSIG their are different cathegories of funding.

Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (10:59) I will be at the SSIG as part of the organizing team and happy to share my reoom with an attendee

Heidi Ullrich: (10:59) Jamie is Maguy's boss ;)

Claudia Ruiz: (11:01) Welcome Nadira Alaraj

Nadira Alaraj: (11:01) Thank you Claudia

Claudia Ruiz: (11:01) Welcome Lianna Galstyan

Lianna Galstyan: (11:02) Thanks Claudia. Greetings to all

Alfredo Calderon: (11:07) @Maureen, @Joanna and I are already working a couple of Webinars and workhops on RSAC and more.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (11:10) Be also nice if you all don't OVERLOAD your schedule and if some of ALAC At-Large can be obviously engaged in other sessions in the meeting...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (11:10) That's how schedules get overloaded Maureen ;-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (11:11) LOL

Daniel Khauka Nanghaka: (11:12) I think ICANN keeps evolving

Marita Moll: (11:12) I agree with Sebastien. It is hard to move out of our silos but we need to try sometimes

John Laprise (ALAC/NARALO): (11:13) concur Sebastien

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (11:13) Silos can operate remotely very well we all don't have to travel to a single venue to do that  these meetings are a rare (and EXPENSIVE) opportunity make the most of it people

Nadira Alaraj: (11:13) yes  Maureen  Balance is the right word

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (11:14) ANd once you have said NO to some suggestions then stick to your guns, don't cave in "to be kind'

Heidi Ullrich: (11:15) I will prepare a draft

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (11:23) Bye for now then... 

Alberto Soto 2: (11:23) Thanks, bye bye!!!

Marita Moll: (11:23) Bye all Thanks

Alfredo Calderon: (11:23) Bye to all.

Daniel Khauka Nanghaka: (11:23) Thank you and Bye

Ricardo Holmquist: (11:23) Bye everyone

Evin Erdoğdu: (11:23) Thank you all!

Lianna Galstyan: (11:23) Thanks