- Please use the <Edit Contents> menu option (directly above) to complete this form. Remember to <Save> the page (bottom right) after making updates.
- Multiple travelers are asked to collaborate as a team in pulling together the appropriate information.
- Some information fields are 'richtext' so that they can accommodate tables, links, images, attachments, and other formatting capabilities that may be useful in explaining/describing this proposal.
- This form may be edited/saved as many times as needed. When completed, please notify your Program Coordinator (PC) for further processing.
Trip Proposals must be approved within the Organization/Structure and Regional GSE Team at least six (6) weeks before the event start date.
Questions about this program should be directed to: CROP Staff.
|Person Completing Form|
Trip Proposal Section
LINK TO TRIP ASSESSMENT : ISPC Trip Assessment 3
1) Number of Travelers:
2) Traveler Contact Information and Itinerary:
|3) Special Travel Circumstances, Arrangements, |
Explanations, or Notations:
(Please identify each traveler, as applicable)
|Christian's Travel Dates: Depart: Saturday, 5 May 2018 Return: Wednesday, 9 May 2018 Nights covered by CROP funds: 5,6,7 (Christian will pay for the night of 8 May) Per Diem covered by CROP funds: 5,6,7,8 CROP Conference Registration Reimbursement: $575|
|4) Event/Conference Name, Title, or Descriptor:||International Telecoms Week (ITW) is the annual meeting for the global wholesale telecoms industry, providing a platform for 6,743 delegates from 1,944 companies and more than 140 countries to meet together and network.|
|5) Event/Conference Dates:|
|6) Event/Conference Website Link:||https://www.internationaltelecomsweek.com/|
|7) Primary Event/Conference Location:|
8) Indicate whether it is a regional trip OR an out-of-region trip.
|9) ICANN Global Stakeholder Engagement Region:||North America|
10) Activity Sponsors:
|PCCW Global, Orange, TATA Communicatons, Etisalat, AT&T, Telefonica, China Telecom, STC, Telstra, Sparkle (link: https://www.internationaltelecomsweek.com/#prime-grid).|
11) Proposed Goals and Outcomes:
Content Guidelines (click here)
1) Workshops/Seminars/Presentations you will attend, including roles (e.g., speaker, facilitator, organizer), relevant content, literature to be disseminated, and specific purposes/objectives.
I will be a participant in the session “Understanding the Carrier Role in the IOT Boom”, which takes place on Tuesday 8th May 14:00 - 15:30, at the Swiss Tower, Gold Level, Lucerne Ballroom. The goal of my engagement will be to focus attention on the fact that the health of the DNS is critical to ensuring that we survive the IoT boom, and that technical engagement at ICANN through the ISPCP is one great way of doing that.
2) Engagement/Outreach goals including broadening awareness of ICANN in targeted regional areas (e.g., under-represented).
This is a global conference, with members from all over the world. Therefore, I do not have a particular regional focus (though I acknowledge we do want more members from Africa, North America, and APAC). I do have a specific agenda of finding technically focused ISP members. We seek to engage more on a technical basis at ICANN, and need to find more technically focused members with time to donate.
3) Recruitment strategies including formal/informal invitations to become involved in ICANN stakeholder communities, working groups, and/or fellowship programs.
De-CIX is exhibiting at this conference, though none of our ISPCP members are going. However, I plan to ask them for a chance to do some meetings in or near their booth with target members. This way, we provide some legitimacy to the organization by showcasing a large member.
5) Knowledge Sharing including intentions to extend learnings within and among ICANN stakeholder communities.
I will carry back what I learn about what ISPs care about with regards to the IoT boom with the ISPCP.
|12) Additional Information (optional):|
CROP Trip Proposal Template (May 2017)