February 25th 2016.
LAC GSE staff provided the LAC Community an overview look of some of the LAC Strategy Projects.
The objective of the Communication Plan for the region is to optimize the management and information flow from ICANN to LAC actors in order to:
- Increase awareness of what ICANN is and does;
- Engage more stakeholders from LAC in our ecosystem;
- Improve the perception of ICANN as a truly global organization.
Study on the DNS marketplace in LAC
The goal is to identify and define the strengths and weaknesses in the industry ecosystem within the region, and develop recommendations on how to advance the industry and bring it closer to the opportunities available.
- RFP launched in September 2015
- Consortium hired: Oxford Information Labs (OXIL); LACTLD; EURid; InterConnect
- Chronogram: January: Start; July: Draft report; September: Final report
High Level Briefing
The objective is to get regional Governments engaged in the discussions on the future of IANA Stewardship Transition and Accountability implementation.
Draft letters to LAC Governments (GAC members and non members) a briefing about the IANA Stewardship Transition and Accountability implementation.
Alexandra Dans – Latin America and the Caribbean Communications Senior Manager ICANN
Daniel Fink - Stakeholder Engagement, Sr Manager ICANN
Rodrigo Saucedo - Project Manager Latin America and the Caribbean ICANN