- New: ELECTION RESULTS of 2013 NCSG Annual Election (15 October 2013)
- Congratulations to the NCSG Chair-Elect: Rafik Dammak
- Congratulations to the 3 NCSG GNSO Councilors-Elect: Wolfgang Kleinwachter, Avri Doria, and Amr Elsadr
- Thank you to the 2 departing NCSG GNSO Councilors: Wendy Seltzer and Joy Liddicoat
The time-table and details on the 2013 NCSG annual election are below. The candidate nomination period runs 10-24 September 2013, and the voting takes place 1-14 October 2013 for all positions.
- The grid below will keep track of candidate nominations and post candidate public statements.
- 2013 NCSG Active and Inactive Membership Roster - NCSG Voter List (25 September 2013)
Any member of the NCSG may nominate any NCSG active member either for the position of an NCSG GNSO Council Representative or for NCSG Chair.
Once nominated, the nominee is responsible for public acceptance of the nomination and for making a public statement that includes:
- Name, declared region of residence, gender and employment;
- Any conflicts of interest;
- Reasons for willingness to take on the tasks of the particular position;
- Qualifications for the position; and
- Statement of availability for the time the position requires.
- The nominee’s statement may also include any other information that the candidate believes is relevant.
** Also note that under the rules, no more than two (2) NCSG GNSO Council Representatives can be declared resident of the same geographic region as defined by ICANN. The 3 other continuing NCSG GNSO Councilors (those not up for election in 2013) are from the following regions: Asia-Pacific, South America, Europe. This means there could only be one additional person elected from each of those already represented regions, and that would be determined by the top vote getter from that region in 2013.
** These terms all commence on 22 November 2013, at the conclusion of the 2013 Annual ICANN Meeting in Buenos Aires.
2013 NCSG Election Candidates
I. 2013-2014 NCSG Chair
(1 to elect) 1-year term
|Rafik Dammak||Avri Doria||Yes||Yes||Africa|
II. 2013 NCSG GNSO Representatives
(3 to elect) each 2-year terms
|Avri Doria||William Drake||Yes||Yes||North America|
|Amr Elsadr||Amr Elsadr||Yes||Yes||Africa|
|Wolfgang Kleinwachter||William Drake||Yes||Yes||Europe|
|Klaus Stoll||Rudi Vasnick||Yes||Yes||Europe|
|(Guy) Aho Tete Benissan||Marie-Laure Lemineur||Yes||Yes||Africa|