Instructions to Complete a DRAFT Trip Proposal or DRAFT Trip Assessment Form
Below you will find a set of written Instructions that will guide you in creating a DRAFT Trip Proposal or a DRAFT Trip Assessment. You may want to print or copy these instructions to a notepad application or open in a new window/tab so that you can refer to them as you complete the steps.
IMPORTANT: For FY15, any member of an ICANN RALO or GNSO Constituency may complete a DRAFT Trip Proposal form via the Wiki. There is no longer a requirement that a Pilot Program Coordinator (PPC) must fill out the form due to permissions restrictions. The PPCs are responsible for (a) supporting and assisting the process, (b) reviewing each DRAFT for completeness, and (c) coordinating within the ICANN structure and with the Stakeholder Engagement VPs to determine which trips will be approved for submission to the CROPP Administrators for further processing. More information concerning the PPC role is available under CROPP Program Elements (see Roles/Responsibilities tab).
Step 1: Find the appropriate ICANN Organization/Structure under the Community Workspaces section which is grouped by At-Large RALO Drafts and GNSO Constituency Drafts.
Step 2: An initial set of five (5) blank DRAFT Trip Proposal page templates (and corresponding DRAFT Trip Assessments) have been generated for each ICANN Organization/Structure. Please use the next available DRAFT Trip Proposal that contains no information (blank cells) in the data columns. (Note: Once a DRAFT has been approved, your PPC will notify Staff and it will then be transferred by a Program Admin to a CROPP Official Forms section where it will receive continued management, processing, and tracking).
Step 3: To complete the form, please click <Edit Contents>, which appears to the right of the <Create> (page) menu option.
Step 4: Answer each of the questions that appears within the form/template:
- For most fields, you may simply type plain text into the column cell.
- A few fields enable "rich-text" capabilities for which a separate window will open revealing a comprehensive set of editing features (see top menu) such as bold, italics, bullets, tables, insert (links, images), and more.
- Note that some fields contain drop-down selections which will appear as soon as you click anywhere in the cell.
- Date fields will produce a calendar from which you may select the day, month, and year appropriate to the question. You may generally ignore the calendar time element; however, it is a good idea to slide the hour marker to something other than '00' (e.g., 13:00) so that the correct day is interpreted by subsequent reporting algorithms (Note: When time is defaulted to 00:00:00, it sometimes causes a one day displacement).
For examples of both templates completed with illustrative data, please see:
Step 5: IMPORTANT: When you are finished answering the questions, remember to <Save> the page (bottom right of the screen).
- How to Edit Later: If you need to amend any information/contents subsequently, you simply click on the appropriate DRAFT Trip Proposal page and then click <Edit Contents> on the top menu bar. Don’t forget to <Save> any changes you make. All prior versions are automatically archived.
- How to Link to This Page: Both standard and Tiny Links (URL) are available to your DRAFT pages. The Tiny Link is useful because it will always point to the correct location (permalink) even if the page is subsequently moved within the Wiki. To access the tiny link, go to the Tools menu and click "Link to this page..." or, simply, press the keyboard shortcut letter "k" to show both standard and Tiny URLs, either of which may be copied and pasted to another Wiki or website.