Close 
Vote
Announcement 
Vote OpenVote
Reminder
Vote CloseDate of SubmissionStaff Contact and EmailStatement Number
n/a

Public Interest Commitment ALAC Review - Follow Up

ADOPTED 13Y, 0N, 0AEvan Leibovitchn/an/a13.11.2014 16:00 UTC13.11.2014 16:00 UTC17.11.201418.11.2014 23:59 UTC19.11.2014n/aAL-ALAC-ST-1114-02-00-EN

Please click here to download a copy of the Statement below.

• No labels

4 Comments

1. Thank you for this. I realise that time is of the essence, so will be short in my comments:

1. This is a formal follow-up Advice from the ALAC. As such, when mentioning names etc. it should be better if a certain level of formality is upheld. When citing names, please cite the full name:

"The heightened protection measures announced by Fadi, at the start of ICANN51"

-> The heightened protection measures announced by ICANN President and CEO Fadi Chehadé, at the start of ICANN51"

2. Some light edits are needed for clarity:

"Representations from members of the ICANN Board that..."

-> Representations from some members of the ICANN Board that..."

"We are not aware of any multi-stakeholder input -- or any community input at all -- that was solicited in the creation of the PICs."

-> We are not aware of any multi-stakeholder input -- or any community input at all -- having been solicited in the creation of the PICs.

"That the only remedy available is after-the-fact is beyond the control of the ICANN community; no opportunity was given to fix it while in development;"

-> We reject the notion that since the only remedy available is after-the-fact, it is beyond the control of the ICANN community: no opportunity was given to fix it while in development;

"As a result of the above analysis, the NGWG prepared a statement, endorse unanimously by ALAC and read during the Public Forum at ICANN51, calling for a freeze on the most sensitive gTLDs (as defined by the GAC) pending a review of the methods to instill public trust in these especially-trust-sensitive TLDs."

-> As a result of the above analysis, the NGWG prepared a statement which was endorsed unanimously by ALAC and read during the Public Forum at ICANN51, calling for a freeze on the most sensitive gTLDs (as defined by the GAC) pending a review of the methods to instill public trust in these especially_trust-sensitive TLDs.

2. I believe that all of these changes are cosmetic and do not change the intent of the statement. We will make most or all of them.

If any ALAC members feel that the changes require them to alter their vote, that will be possible.

3. Thanks for doing the edits. OK with me as friendly amendments.

4. The changes have been posted. A redline version showing the changes can be found at http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/alac/2014-November/008326.html.