Call for
Comments
Close 
Vote OpenVote CloseDate of SubmissionStaff Contact and EmailStatement Number

Draft Report: New gTLD Program Safeguards to Mitigate DNS Abuse

No Statementn/an/an/an/an/an/an/a

For information about this Public Comment, please click here 

FINAL VERSION TO BE SUBMITTED IF RATIFIED

The final version to be submitted, if the draft is ratified, will be placed here by upon completion of the vote. 

FINAL DRAFT VERSION TO BE VOTED UPON BY THE ALAC

The final draft version to be voted upon by the ALAC will be placed here before the vote is to begin.

FIRST DRAFT SUBMITTED

The first draft submitted will be placed here before the call for comments begins.

• No labels

1 Comment

1. Comment from Olivier Crepin-Leblond

==

I have read through the whole report and it is, in my opinion, satisfactory. However, I do need to point out a couple of things for our future reference: 

• When it comes to malware, spamming, phishing etc. the authors do point out that the APWG would probably require more time to collect more data to see if there is any durable trend in any direction.
    • Although this is not something that warrants a Statement from the ALAC, that Architelos, one of the sources of Phishing data incident statistics, has gone into Chapter 11, hence future research might well rest solely on the APWG. I generally do not trust the Symantec data as for some reason I hear from all sorts of sources that cyber-security breaches are on the increase, but most trends given by Symantec show a decrease in stats. 

I had scoped through the whole document once and felt it might not need a response, but here I can confirm that at this stage, I think ICANN staff have done their job well, even though there might be some places where I wish they had been more clear as to actual figures & trends.