|Vote Open||Vote |
|Vote Close||Date of Submission||Staff Contact and Email||Statement Number|
|07.10.2013||ICANN and SO-AC Leaders Brainstorming Collaboration||Submitted||Olivier Crepin-Leblond (EURALO)||02.10.2013||04.10.2013||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||07.10.2013||David Olive|
E-MAIL SENT ON BEHALF OF DAVID A. OLIVE:
Dear SO-AC Leaders:
Thanks to those of you who were able to participate in Thursday’s ICANN/SO-AC Leaders Collaborative Brainstorming Conference Call on the Buenos Aires Meeting schedule. An overview of our discussion follows.
The changes call participants agreed to pursue, with further consultation, for the Buenos Aires Meeting schedule are:
- Establishing a 90-minute, cross-constituency, subject-based session developed and run by the SO-AC leadership team and held Monday afternoon in the main meeting room. Initial thoughts on two potential topics were:
- Policy vs. Implementation, and
- Public Interest Commitment Issues
We would appreciate your reactions on whether or not you would support holding this session, as well as the potential session topics to be discussed. If you wish to proceed with this concept, the Policy team is ready to assist you in organizing your discussions and planning for such a session, as you deem appropriate.
- Running a new gTLD (GDD) track on Monday in parallel to high-interest topic sessions taking place in the main meeting room.
- Moving the Public Forum from Thursday afternoon to Thursday morning in an effort to increase attendance.
- Adding timeslots for high-interest topics and community sessions on Thursday afternoon.
A suggested change that will not be implemented for Buenos Aires is a full day of SO-AC reports to the community on Wednesday. Participants agreed that there is not time to make significant changes to the Tuesday and Wednesday schedules.
For those of you who were unable to participate in the call, a transcript AND chat room comments are attached. A link to an audio recording of the call is below.
Please provide your thoughts about these ideas at your earliest convenience but no later than Monday, 7 October. We look forward to your comments, and a continuing dialogue as we strive to improve the ICANN Meeting experience for the community. We’ll look to arrange some specific follow-up calls to discuss the Monday afternoon session in detail.
Sally & David
Sally Costerton, Senior Advisor to the President, Global Stakeholder Engagement
David A. Olive, Vice President, Policy Development Support / General Manager, ICANN Regional Headquarters – Istanbul