AT-LARGE FY12 BUDGET CALL:  5 MAY 2011

Seth Greene: Welcome to the AT-LARGE FY12 BUDGET CALL:  5 MAY 2011.

Seth Greene: The links expected to be needed can be found in the Links pod at the lower left.  These include (1) the Additional ALAC FY12 Requests and (2) At-Large FY12 Budget Development Workspace.

Seth Greene: Hello to Akram, Juan, and Janice.  Thank you for joining us.

Tijani: Gisella, I will need a dial out

Tijani: ok, Thanks for your notice by skype

Tijani: I'm waiting the call

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: Hello everybody. I haven't dialed in yet. WIll do in 5 minutes

Cintra Sooknanan: Hello

Sébastien: Yes and Yes

Darlene Thompson: Hi Cintra!

CLO: often we see after  such outreach  that we get many more ALS 'rank and file members' involved in At-Large and ICANN  rather thsn  "just the representative  of our ALSes

CLO: trmoye  works as a follow up  after  such outreach

CLO: remoye

CLO: remote  OK  it is  0100 and I amyping in the dark...

CLO: typing *sigh*

CLO: yes  connectivity is a HUGE  issue  often  in AfRALO  you can have  either  a phine  OR an Internet connection  and  often only mobile

Darlene Thompson: Its like the Mexico Summit - it really strengthened the ALSs being able to meet f2f

CLO: yes  MANY more AfRALO  countries  need to be engaged...  and  like many parts of Asia   you have  to to the F2F  getting  to know each other and  trust building  before anything  can happen...

CLO: ++++  to AG's  comments

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: two things, are there blank pages in the PDF of this budget - I see nothing after page 5

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: ?

CLO: yes  do remember  the "cost"  of taking  time  to volunteer

Wolf Ludwig: Entirely agree with Alan!

CLO: TO the volunteers and or who they work for

CLO: sub regional  outreach ???

CLO: is that what  Juan is asking  about???

CLO: if  so there is scaleability  BUT  there arw always  minimum  / base costs   that is why we often look to co-locating with existing  activities in a region

Sébastien: Regional Registrars/Registries meeting

Cintra Sooknanan: haha

Sébastien: The next one is in Munich 12&13 May

CLO: perfect  example  Seb  thanks

Wolf Ludwig: The transparence issue is the crucial one -- for others there are always solutions ...

Sébastien: From my information they are now opening a little thos meeting but it is other part of Staff who can answer

CLO: the  MAJOR  part is transparancy

Sébastien: Just to be transparent ;) I will be participate but not subsidize by ICANN

Darlene Thompson: Exactly Olivier

CLO: Once  set up  David  Yes  this is an example of a global outreach tool

Darlene Thompson: Can't this item be done on the Wiki?

Darlene Thompson: We can update the Wiki and make it look any way we want

Darlene Thompson: Who would maintain such a web site?

Gareth Shearman: agreed

Evan Leibovitch: actually, Scot P's podcasts have been very good. I've listened to them all and recommend them

Darlene Thompson: Yes, they are really good and could be used for radio

Evan Leibovitch: Especially the interview with Olivier

CLO: having  the RSS feeds of the ALS  pages  now  all that  neds to bew done and will be a cost  needed to be covered  somewhere in the budget of  course

Darlene Thompson: Agreed Evan

Evan Leibovitch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31_H1f4wNfA

Evan Leibovitch: I believe there is a stated goal of one ALS per country

CLO: these outreach  to non ALS  reped activities is another wioth global possability  and  crosses over with  discussions  we have had with Global  Partnership  AND  in many cases  what we have started with ccNSO Members and NON member  coutries

Evan Leibovitch: Some of the GAS requests could be combined into a global request for a second Summit

Darlene Thompson: Oh my goodness, Evan, I had no idea that was being videod!  Good idea!

Darlene Thompson: That link should be posted to our wiki

Cintra Sooknanan: YEs

Darlene Thompson: Where 5 or more are gathered together an ICANN breaks out!

Sébastien: Each year we discuss the same things...

Wolf Ludwig: Exactly, Olivier, both aspects and needs are important!!!

Sébastien: not good, no memory

CLO: yes  Seb  this IS  SOOOO  familiar  isn't  it

Sébastien: yes CLO

CLO: GRRRR

CLO: Ground Hog  day is the movie  reference

Darlene Thompson: LOL CLO

Darlene Thompson: Fine with me

Wolf Ludwig: I have to leave in 10 minutes -- sorry.

Sébastien: Huge

CLO: got another  meeting  in a few hrs  OCL  remember  were meeting  with the registrars

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: yes

CLO: I noye  Juan  has  SKIPPED over a similar  local / regional meeting  events  request  from APRALO  =>  shouod  we assume  no discussion means agreement then ;-)

CLO: oh  goodu=y  25 must be OK  then :-)

CLO: sorry  wearing  my APALO hat is such fun  :-)

Darlene Thompson: LOL - I would bring that up to him

Juan Ojeda: we will go back...thanks

CLO: but  the rational  for all of this group 25=> 30  wouod  be the same  and takes  me back to the comments  I made in SFO  about  this appearing  to be a competative  process   way we are doing it  one RALO VS another  *sigh*

Wolf Ludwig: I think the At-Large *volunteers* community with all their time investments shows a regular and substantial "return of investment" to ICANN!

Darlene Thompson: 27

Charles Mok: thank you Cheryl I could not have said that better.  No I really can't :)

CLO: happy to help  Charles...

Wolf Ludwig: This is a looooong standing item and suggestions as well ...

Darlene Thompson: It may be long standing but if ICANN is serious about outreach...

Gareth Shearman: Darlene - see my note

Wolf Ludwig: Sorry but I have to leave now (kids calling). I hope this call and consultation will show the desired results -- this time at least. Bye averbody.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: thanks you for attending, Wolf.

CLO: It  shows that ICANN is more than a US  corp woth a few OS offices

CLO: the REAL meaning o=f the MSM we subsxribe to

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: FYI, Carlton sends his apologies for not being able to make the call

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: thx

Evan Leibovitch: sorry about PCNA conf

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: good to hear re:FY12-31

Darlene Thompson: I have no memory of this one

Cintra Sooknanan: ho ray!

CLO: 0230  for me  my dear

Cintra Sooknanan: I have to leave the call

Cintra Sooknanan: sorry thanks to everyone

CLO: thanks  cintra

Cintra Sooknanan: and Juan who is so polite!

Cintra Sooknanan: :) see you

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: thanks Cintra

Evan Leibovitch: Juan, it is unfair to punt back to ALAC the role of pitting regions against each other for "worthiness"

Darlene Thompson: cu Cintra

Evan Leibovitch: no shortage of  free nuts

Charles Mok: YEs Cheryl I was about to ask about the timing issue. Thanks for bringing it up.

• No labels