Gisella Gruber:Welcome to the ALT Leadership Monthly Teleconference on Wednesday 26  November 2014 at 18:00 UTC

Gisella Gruber:Agenda: jnxAg

Gisella Gruber:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/-jnxAg

Leon Sanchez:Hello everyone

Holly Raiche:Good morning

Alan Greenberg:dialing in

Leon Sanchez:OMG Gisella! That is your voice!!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Alan I have an additional piece of Policy  to bring up... "new business

Leon Sanchez:yes please

Leon Sanchez:thanks Olivier

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:thanks   OCL

Gisella Gruber:Beran has joined the call

Beran Gillen:hello everyone

Heidi Ullrich:Hi Beran.

Leon Sanchez:there's noise on the line

Holly Raiche:What is the hum

Heidi Ullrich:Olivier, we can barely hear you

Gisella Gruber:From Ron's mic

Gisella Gruber:Thank you Ron for muting

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:thanks   shall do ... it was just bad timing coming after our ALAC Call as it did...   This. is seeking additional support for the yet to be drafted   cCWG letter

Leon Sanchez:much better!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: NOT the. existing SG one

Ariel Liang:This is the statement on GAC Geographic Names: https://community.icann.org/x/MRbxAg

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Thanks Ariel

Ariel Liang:np

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:We can always submit another comment, can't we?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes correct Alan.  I am seeking support for the UET to come.  CCWG letter

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:obviously I am not being clear

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Cherly - ok that's clear. Thx

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Approval from me

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:   There is no process / precedent for a cCWG to even approach another entities PC 

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:This is PROCESS

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:not principly as such

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes. we now. have to fine a way for CCWG,s  to even interact

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Tha KS OCL

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: collision is a large risk here

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:understood. Alan

Heidi Ullrich:ALAC Agenda: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ALAC+Monthly+Teleconference+-+2014.11.25

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Sorry it was new business I could have held for AOB I suppose but it was to Policy

Heidi Ullrich:Mea culpa. I wasn't clear that these items were to retained on the agenda. They will be placed on future meetings.

Heidi Ullrich:no conspiracy!

Holly Raiche:I think some peeople may not like the time that was good for the APAC region

Leon Sanchez:LOL

Holly Raiche:@Leon - maybe that fits into looking a the Rules to see if they deal with the issue

Silvia Vivanco:(AFRALO and LACRALO ) are discussing individual membership at  the moment

Silvia Vivanco:AFRALO has a proposal

Leon Sanchez:You're right Holly. Will definitely look into them

Holly Raiche:That is one of the recommendations from the previous ALAC review

Holly Raiche:Again - this is probably an issue for the ALAC review since the previous one did not look at the RALOs

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:The EURALO system which I thought would have worked really well has so far failed to work

Silvia Vivanco:See AFRALO's discussions on these issues : https://community.icann.org/display/AFRALO/Individual+Membership+-+AFRALO+ROP+Review

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:staff can I remind you to also skype to me any links put in chat

Heidi Ullrich:Will do, Cheryl

Leon Sanchez:back on the call

Heidi Ullrich:FBSC Workspace - https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ALAC+Subcommittee+on+Finance+and+Budget

Heidi Ullrich:@Cheryl, are you seeing the links in your skype?

Leon Sanchez:That could be tricky in LACRALO

Silvia Vivanco:@ Leon correct

Leon Sanchez:but then again, if that is the way we chose to go, count on me to make it happen

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes thanks Heidi

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes CROPP is a big complication here as I have raised before

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:O am out under the new rules as well. from CROPP

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:but CROPP continues operation.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I would suggest as few changes as possible re: CROPP as it's a complex process

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:but we have a No Mans land. now as the outgoing. ALAC Members. who are no longer ALAC have not been replaced in the FBSC

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:perhaps start easing some people into the CROPP to engage them

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:and we also need to further engage the new ALAC members to replace the outgoing ones

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:FBSC & CROPP are intimately linked

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:indeed. thus the. Participants part is essential

Heidi Ullrich:My only question is whether any of you have received your Welcome Letters from CT yet?

Holly Raiche:I haven't

Leon Sanchez:not so far

Julie Hammer:Alan,

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:and of course  Dave and others we wanted to maintain as active contributors to ask to be Participants,,,  ALAC The ALAC also needs to be clear that a FBSC Member or Participant can (if notated by the ALAC to do so) act as the ALAC rep in other activities  such as CROPP

Julie Hammer:Alan, regret to arrive that I was already booked to arrive late Saturday afternoon when you made the announcement about the Saturday afternoon meeting a week or so ago.  Apologies but I can't change the flights now.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes some of us book earlier than these always too late letters from CT

Evan Leibovitch:Hi all. Just lurking.

Holly Raiche:Hi Evan

Leon Sanchez:Hi Evan!

Holly Raiche:Nothing to add

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:We could end up having to start an ad-hoc working group on endorsement, such could be the interest from people to get endorsed by the ALAC

Evan Leibovitch:Oh goody. Just in time.

Heidi Ullrich:Update on Welcome Emails for ALT - expected to be sent next time.

Heidi Ullrich:sorry, next week.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:ohh dear

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:thanks for keeping us posted then Alan

Holly Raiche:No more issues from me

Evan Leibovitch:Actually, I have one thing under AOB regarding next steps on the PIC issue after the ALAC Advice.

Holly Raiche:I think we all said none of us had read it in the intervening 24 hours

Evan Leibovitch:I will dial in

Julie Hammer:Apologies, I have to drop off now for another meeting.  Bye everyone.

Holly Raiche:Bye Julie

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bye Julie

Beran Gillen:have to go pray now, sorry

Beran Gillen:bye

Heidi Ullrich:Bye!

Silvia Vivanco:@ Alan correct. Staff can send many reminders but people must be proactive

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:that makes sense @alan/OCL

Ron Sherwood:Bye everyone

Ariel Liang:Thank you all bye!

Evan Leibovitch:happy thnaksgiving,

Leon Sanchez:bye bye

Evan Leibovitch:and good luck with black friday and cyber monday

Gisella Gruber:Thank you all

• No labels