Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to the ALAC Leadership Team meeting on Tuesday 18 February 2014 at 2100 UTC
  Gisella Gruber-White:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/hweuAg
  Heidi Ullrich:Hi All!
  Julie Hammer:Gisella, will there be audio on the adobe room?
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Julie - there is audio in the AC
  Julie Hammer:I will try to connect again...the only option it gives me is to dial in on the phone.
  Julie Hammer:OOoooops...ok now
  Ariel Liang:Hello everyone! I am Ariel Liang, the new Matt Ashtiani.
  Maureen Hilyard:Its a little late for me.. 11am right in the middle of the work day.. had to put other meetings around this one
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Fine with me, its 5pm here
  Maureen Hilyard:Hi Ariel, great to have you on board.. but can you speak AUSTRALIAN
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Welcome Ariel
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello everyone
  Julie Hammer:Hi Ariel, Hi Dev
  Ariel Liang:Hi Dev! Thank you!
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:@Evan, did CT contact you for the March trip to DC ?
  Heidi Ullrich:ALAC AIs: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ALAC+Monthly+Teleconference+-+2014.01.28+-+Action+Items
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Sure. Also looking at what I was doing for the metrics could work re: collection of AIs
  Evan Leibovitch:Can we not act soon to get the standard ICANN passport information forms from all ATLAS attendees, so that can be used for London consular services?
  Evan Leibovitch:(Well, at least for those in countyries that would require visas)
  Heidi Ullrich:We have posted the link for visa invitation letters on the ICANN 50 Meetings website ... http://meetings.icann.org/icann50.  All delegates, including those for ATLAS II, are now able to request/receive invitation letters from London & Partners and ICANN.
  Ariel Liang:Hi Maureen! Thank you! I will learn Australian if there's a need :)
  Ariel Liang:Hi Julie!
  Maureen Hilyard:Hi Ariel.. just joking about the Australians but some of them are difficult to understand :)
  Alan Greenberg:It's got to be done through the local hosts
  Maureen Hilyard:I think that the letter of invitation is an essential and ALSes need to know that they have to find out from their local agencies about what is expected, because every country has different requirements
  Heidi Ullrich:Are you all able to scroll?
  Alan Greenberg:No
  Evan Leibovitch:Not the PDF
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:No
  Evan Leibovitch:Changing my text colour to brown to reflect how I feel right now.. I am really, really tired of this winter.
  Heidi Ullrich:can you now scroll?
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Yes
  Evan Leibovitch:yes
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:no, not schengen
  Julie Hammer:Commiserations, Evan
  Maureen Hilyard:Niue and the Cook Islands in the Pacific won't have any probs because we have NZ Passports, but Pacific countries like Fiji or Papua New Guinea may have problems and will need to start applying now because it can take weeks to achieve
  Evan Leibovitch:Isn't Fiji still commonwealth?
  Heidi Ullrich:AI's from ALT: We have already engaged London & Partners to produce local letters of invitation for ICANN 50 Meeting delegates.  In addition, they will work with the appropriate UK ministry to advise UK embassies and consulates around the world of the ICANN Meeting, alerting them to expect to see visa applications to attend the Meeting, and asking them to expedite visas for our delegates.  London & Partners will also work directly with the ministry on visa issues.  I will pass along the list of ATLAS II delegates for special consideration.  For your information, London & Partners is funded by the Mayor of London and is the official promotional organization for London.  
  Heidi Ullrich:oops
  Heidi Ullrich:https://community.icann.org/display/alacexcomm/ALT+monthly+2014.01.30+Action+Items
  Gisella Gruber-White:Singapore: https://community.icann.org/x/ryefAg
  Alan Greenberg:And a possibility for re-vote in case of time?
  Alan Greenberg:Why do we need an hour for voting?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:counting from 1 to 20 takes an hour
  Maureen Hilyard:+1 Evan about reintroducing candidates to the ALAC and raising issues
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:hmm....the vote could happen online after the ICANN meeting and have a Q&A session with candidates at Singapore
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:but it would have to be very soon after, like 5-6 days after the ICANN meeting
  Heidi Ullrich:@Dev, many people may still be travelling back
  Heidi Ullrich:and not be online
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I know, but the deadline is April 16 (I think)
  Evan Leibovitch:Just saying there needs to be a process to accommodate the online votes. That's for the BSMPC to determine.  I am less interested in the details than to ensure there is a readiness for this.
  Evan Leibovitch:There could always be a Bigpulse vote set up for thise who can't make it to SIN
  Evan Leibovitch:Likelihood that all candidates will be in SIN is fairly high. Three are sitting ALAC members, one is a sitting Board member, and the fifth (Rinalia) has confirmed she will be in attendance.
  Maureen Hilyard:https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ccNSO+Liaison+Reports+2013-2014
  Maureen Hilyard:this includes the agenda for our meeting on Thursday, so if you have any comments about the agenda for the ALAC-ccNSO meeting please let me know
  Maureen Hilyard:Our coordination meeting is on This Thursday, so comments are welcome
  Matt Ashtiani:singapore board meeting workspace - https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Singapore+ICANN+Board+Questions+Workspace
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Yep
  Evan Leibovitch:ALAC working discussuion
  Evan Leibovitch:let's not overthink this
  Heidi Ullrich:@Alan, do you mean similar to the Liaisons and the RALO Chairs during the Wrap Up session?
  Maureen Hilyard:When we have new ALSes who may not yet have engaged with other meetings where updates are given, a short update could be helpful
  Alan Greenberg:@Heidi, sure, that could work.
  Maureen Hilyard:The Metrics WG needs feedback from the ALAC and ALSes and this is on Sunday and rightly so!
  Heidi Ullrich:The ALAC Policy Discussion - Part II is almost wide open
  Heidi Ullrich:However, in the past the WG updates often generate discussion on the topic of that WG
  Heidi Ullrich:we could have updates only from Policy-based WGs
  Julie Hammer:RSSAC, not SSAc
  Matt Ashtiani:she can do it, she is amazing :)
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Carlton may not be there on Tuesday
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:the EWG are funded up to Tuesday since they will be in Singapore a week earlier
  Alan Greenberg:Including formal Liaisons?
  Maureen Hilyard:Cheryl's At Large Metrics is listed on Sunday and again in the Working Group 2 - has Cheryl asked for 2 sessinos?
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:But the new LACRALO chair and secretariat aren't going to be in Singapore
  Silvia Vivanco:So LACRALO NEW leaders take their posts on March 28th
  Silvia Vivanco:correct Dev
  Silvia Vivanco:Jose and Sylvia will be in person there
  Silvia Vivanco:CONGRATULATIONS TO APRALO on getting funding!
  Silvia Vivanco:and organizing!!
  Evan Leibovitch:real food at a Showcase?!?
  Silvia Vivanco:bravo APRALO
  Silvia Vivanco:yes! food, drinks and music!
  Evan Leibovitch:Truth be told, The Thursday meeting is THE policy mtg where motions are voted on
  Evan Leibovitch:by then, ALAC will be sick of all the candidates ;-)
  Heidi Ullrich:The agendas will be translated once the EN version has been finalized
  Heidi Ullrich:The GNSO Secretariat is arranging for a certificate to be presented at the public forum
  Alan Greenberg:This may go on record as the ongest meeting we have had in a LONG time.
  Alan Greenberg:Did anyone notice that SIngapore was listed as being 10 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:;-)
  Heidi Ullrich:that was the amount I spoke ;)
  Heidi Ullrich:Deadline for questions is 28 Feb.
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Thanks Heidi
  Holly Raiche:@Alan- welcome to 2 hour calls - that in Sydney start at 0200
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Alan's still in a reasonable time zone.Approaching midnight here. :-)
  Evan Leibovitch:17:49 for eastern Canada and Washington
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:dropped
  Heidi Ullrich:We are dialing back to you
  Evan Leibovitch:I'm hearing him.
  Heidi Ullrich:Posted schedule of Board Director schedule: https://community.icann.org/display/ABMS/At-Large+Board+Member+2014+Selection
  Evan Leibovitch:I'm assuming that everything would be announced after the RALO-petition-candidate process has passed
  Evan Leibovitch:We would know by now if there were any RALO petition candidates. Certainly NARALO has never considered any
  Alan Greenberg:Electorate and BCEC: 19.5 No member of the electorate (Paragraph 19.10) may simultaneously serve as amember of the BCEC.
  Alan Greenberg:Exactly when the BCEC dissolves is unclear.
  Heidi Ullrich:Correct, Olivier - cost is an issue
  Alan Greenberg:No o ne is talking here about the nomcom.
  Heidi Ullrich:SO chairs are different than Board directors
  Alan Greenberg:Heidi, not SO chairs, SO Board members
  Heidi Ullrich:The deep dive DD takes about one month. So if the winner is to be announced, the DD needs to begin ASAP
  Alan Greenberg:At this rate the temptation to become a murderer is getting strong.
  Evan Leibovitch::-)
  Evan Leibovitch:+1
  Maureen Hilyard:Sorry I haven't been participating, but I'm still awake after all that discussion :)
  Evan Leibovitch:New show
  Evan Leibovitch:CSI: ICANN
  Heidi Ullrich:See: The original letter signed by Evan Leibovitch, Ron Andruff,  Marilyn Cade, Phil Corwin, Olivier Crepin-Leblond and Alan Greenberg, at: https://www.icann.org/en/news/correspondence/andruff-et-al-to-chalaby-27jan14-en.pdf>.
  Alan Greenberg:For the record, I have had due diligence check to make sure that everything I said in my SoI was verifyably true. Including trying to get information from organizations that disolved years ago.
  Holly Raiche:well done
  Maureen Hilyard:Very good Evan
  Maureen Hilyard:I have to apologise too, that I haven't been to any of the gTLD meetings, but other meetings have taken prioirity at thsi time.
  Holly Raiche:@Evan - one of the hot topic issues??
  Evan Leibovitch:OH YES
  Holly Raiche:That is one sleepy voice
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Did one on R3
  Maureen Hilyard:Yes please, this has been a really interesting issue re compliance
  Evan Leibovitch:https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/Public+Advisory+Boards+for+gTLDs+Proposal+Workspace
  Holly Raiche:Looks good Alan
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:That could happen on the ALAC call next weel
  Holly Raiche:It should be all of us supporting this
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:week
  Evan Leibovitch:wold any else here like access to the draft google doc in progress?
  Maureen Hilyard:the agenda for the ALAC-ccNSO meeting is mentioned earlier but its on my ccNSO liaison report page
  Maureen Hilyard:https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ccNSO+Liaison+Reports+2013-2014
  Evan Leibovitch:"the ugliness of the world" ... dark words near the end of the call.
  Silvia Vivanco:Thank you all
  Alan Greenberg:Any other way to describe the whole IGO/INGO stuff?
  Julie Hammer:Bye Everyone!  Thanks Olivier and staff!!
  Maureen Hilyard:Bye everyone
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Thanks everyone, take care all
  Evan Leibovitch:Welcome Ariel. :-)

• No labels