Gisella Gruber:Welcome to the ALAC Leadership Team Meeting on Wednesday 27 July 2016 at 20:00 UTC
  Gisella Gruber:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/GA2bAw
  Yrjö Länsipuro:Hi Gusella, could you enable Adobe Connect audio?
  Yrjö Länsipuro:Gisella, I'm sorry..
  Yrjö Länsipuro:Thank you!
  Heidi Ullrich:Hi All
  Lars Hoffmann:It's my pleasure, Gisella. Hi everyone!
  Silvia Vivanco:Hello all, thanks G
  Carlton Samuels:Howdy all
  Carlton Samuels:No just on A/C
  Alan Greenberg:To what do we owe this honour>
  Carlton Samuels:LOL. Slumming. I have a few mins to spare.
  Alan Greenberg:Was "Rolling, Rolling a CCR reference?
  Leon Sanchez:In at last
  Carlton Samuels:Yes
  Gisella Gruber:See: Policy Advice Page on New At-Large Websitehttps://atlarge.icann.org/policy-summary
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:could you please unsync the agenda?
  Ariel Liang:master page of policy advice development on wiki: https://community.icann.org/x/bwFO
  Holly Raiche:@ Carlton.   My hand is up on the subsequent procedures for new gTLDs - do you want to have a look as well?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Exactly OCL
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):it is a harmonising of dates and terms
  Ariel Liang:it is 2024
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):rial can you skype links to me please ;-)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Arial  sorry dropped your A
  Ariel Liang:of course Cheryl :)
  Carlton Samuels:@Alan: It is an alignment based on some IANA transition details. Any change between now and then might be upsetting.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Thx
  Ariel Liang:anytime :)
  Leon Sanchez:Let's give incentives to volunteers. Double coffe and extra water at our meetings ;-)
  Lars Hoffmann:Speaking with my old GNSO hat: the GNSO publishes a monthly PDP Update that also indicates public comments that are upcoming (if/when applicable) - you can find them here: http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/pdp-updates
  Leon Sanchez::D
  Ariel Liang:1.  Phase 2 Assessment of the Competitive Effects Associated with the New gTLD Program – to open for public comments in August 2016
  Ariel Liang:2.  Thick Whois Policy Implementation - Transition from thin to thick for .COM, .NET and .JOBS – to open for public comments in September 2016
  Holly Raiche:@ Lars - for those who aren't familiar with the issue, we need something who don't live in the GNSOspace to understand what the issues are - particularly since webinars allow for questions
  Ariel Liang:3.  IDN Implementation Guidelines Initial Recommendations — to open for public comments in September 2016
  Ariel Liang:the three public comment topics that DDPPP would cover
  Silvia Vivanco:?    Phase 2 Assessment of the Competitive Effects Associated with the New gTLD Program – to open for public comments in August 2016?    Thick Whois Policy Implementation - Transition from thin to thick for .COM, .NET and .JOBS – to open for public comments in September 2016?    IDN Implementation Guidelines Initial Recommendations — to open for public comments in September 2016
  Holly Raiche:@@ Heiti - totally agree
  Ariel Liang:DDPPP
  Holly Raiche:Like the concept - and maybe the RALO chair of person can deal with GNSO in depth on issues arise from the PDP
  Heidi Ullrich:+1 Olivier  - This would not only engage ALAC members but re-engergize some of the WGs
  Heidi Ullrich:and perhaps lead/chair an At-Large briefing session on a particular PC
  Holly Raiche:Also - WGs may not align with PDPs
  Holly Raiche:And have metrics that relate to who puts their hand up - not just for policy, but does stuff - technical issues, etc
  Holly Raiche:APRALO will be starting a menor/mentee program - to add to the people who can step up and do stuff
  Carlton Samuels:@CLO: Yes, we could!
  Heidi Ullrich:@Holly, great initiative! Perhaps ALAC could do that for the ALAC members
  Holly Raiche:And ahe website that has ALAC previous comments by topic is a big help
  Holly Raiche:@ Heidi - maybe have a discussion at Hyderabad on steps APRALO is taking to establish the mentor/mentss program?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Indeed but of course the meetings ARE Open
  Holly Raiche:Does the group need a name?
  Julie Hammer:The Augmented ALT?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):ALT  is the only thing  needing "naming"
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):we are not opening doors  the doors are open  it is mandate that ALT  and Iaisons attend  Meetings  and tht ALT are 'decisiona
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):decisional'
  Holly Raiche:@ CLO - agree.  Lets' call anyone who puts their hand up a a star/nice oerson (or sucker?)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): TIJANI  *that is what  the wordss re meant to do NT formalise any new Group  but to show that ˆONLYˆ ALT are decision makers
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Just be silent...  AND THE Chair has discretion on speaking righta at meeting anyway
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):You tried Alan
  Carlton Samuels:@Alan: Why would you spend time detailing beyond existing rules? All ALAC meetings are open to every one until the meeting is deemed restricted! But if the Chair decides to have specific others into Alt invited it is an invitation. And then others of the ALT might object and you put to the vote!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):IT is an open Meeting try and stop me ;-)
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:all ALT meeting are open
  Carlton Samuels:@CLO: +1.  It is ALAC meeting!  It is an Open meeting by default!
  Holly Raiche:@Alan - ALT are decision makers.   Everyone is here as an invited guest.  The response is it is an OPEN MEETING - let's not tie any chair down any further
  Leon Sanchez:So is this an ad-wominem issue?
  Holly Raiche:@ Leon - agree
  Holly Raiche:@ Leon - can I borrow the new term - I love it
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):yup I have stoen it for sure
  Leon Sanchez:Of course Holly!
  Holly Raiche:Isn't this aready decided?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Indeed we doAlan!
  Ariel Liang:the ALAC members' vote spreadsheet is up to date :)
  Ariel Liang:I'm watching
  Carlton Samuels:@ALAN: LOOLOL. You didn't say that!
  Leon Sanchez:Completely agree Cheryl
  Holly Raiche:Please add the term 'sensitive' to publication -
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:you are the travel king :-)
  Leon Sanchez:That group I volunteer for
  Leon Sanchez:Agree with minimalistic. Keep it simple but clear
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Hell Yes!
  Holly Raiche:@ Leon   and CLO - +1
  Leon Sanchez:Agree OCL
  Leon Sanchez:not me either
  Gisella Gruber:https://community.icann.org/x/oAvxAg
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:would a meeting with registries be welcome?
  Heidi Ullrich:This is the website to apply for the e-visa: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html
  Gisella Gruber:http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/india
  Leon Sanchez:Be aware that for some countries, the online visa request form is to be filled within 30 days of arrival. So don't rush it as you may en up with an invalid visa by the time you get to Hyderabad
  Carlton Samuels:Dropping off. Bye guys
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Bye Carlton!
  Leon Sanchez:Bye Carlton Brother man!
  Holly Raiche:Bye Carlton
  Holly Raiche:If those meetings with the groups are about them updating us on policy issues, yes please
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Sorry my connection dropped  so was out of AC  for a while
  Holly Raiche:Can we have metings that are important for policy discussions - not just because they want to talk to us
  Lars Hoffmann:i am happy to step in, holly
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@holly: rysg would be all about policy
  Holly Raiche:@ Lars - sory to cut you off -  put your hand up
  Leon Sanchez:I need to leave the call now
  Leon Sanchez:I have a hard stop
  Leon Sanchez:thanks everyone
  Leon Sanchez:Bye
  Holly Raiche:bye leon
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):I was carefu to avoid the need to go in Camea Mr Chairman
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Well if the ALAC  does so blindly *pun intended*   theree *will be ris and consequence*... Just saying
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):sorry about the typos
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):The Ombudsman  woud be looking at the ALAC  procedures   IM
  Ariel Liang:thanks all
  Julie Hammer:Bye!
  Silvia Vivanco:Bye all

• No labels