• No labels

5 Comments

1. I recommend to add Spanish as a third language in #4 and add at the end (as it was suggested before) the words "as appropriate" so it will read as follows:

"4.   The NARALO will be multilingual from its inception. Public documents will be produced in English, French and Spanish as appropriate."

In #17, delete the word "submitted" after the words "...an affirmation...".
    And just for curiosity: in #13 where it says that the Chair will break the tie: Will the fact that there is a tie be known to everyone before/after the Chair casts its vote? We have to make sure that only the chair knows about the tie otherwise everyone will know the final Chair's vote.
    -ed
    1. Anonymous

2. Frankly, I am very worried about the length of time that it might take to crank out the next set of changes to our RoP.  I just cannot see why we can't include Spanish in paragraph 4 as per Eduardo's wording NOW.  Its such an easy change but, in my mind anyways, so VERY important.

1. Anonymous

2. It has been pointed out that the last paragraph of 17 had and still has an error in it. Since we now always use a secret ballot for votes regarding people, it is not possible to "ensure" the vote of the unaffiliated rep.

I propose changing:

The unaffiliated individuals will adopt a verifiable process to ensure that votes cast via their elected representative reflect the views held among their membership.

to

The unaffiliated individuals will adopt a verifiable process to ensure that their elected representative can reflect the views held among their membership with his/her vote.