Terri Agnew:Welcome to the NARALO Elections: Get to Know the Candidates Call held on Wednesday, 11 May 2016 at 21:00 UTC.

Terri Agnew:meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/tQWOAw

Terri Agnew:2016 ALAC and RALO Elections, Selections and Appointments: https://community.icann.org/x/3yKAAw

Glenn McKnight:hi all

Glenn McKnight:We are waiting for all to arrive

Glenn McKnight:hi folks

Glenn McKnight:it will be starting at the top of the hour

Glenn McKnight:https://community.icann.org/display/NARALO/NARALO+Call+to+Get+to+Know+the+Candidates+2016.05.11

Evan Leibovitch:I have one question for the candidates, so I'll type it here to give the speakers some time to think about the answer:

Glenn Mcknight 2:Logged in twice to type on a second keyboard

Silvia Vivanco:Hello all

Evan Leibovitch:ICANN and its community have been spending what seems to be almost all of its effort on internal issues (IANA, accountability, upcoming At-Large review). In the midst of this, do you believe that there are any important policy or technical issues that are under-addressed and need the At-Large community's attention? How can we bring these issues to the fore?

Judith Hellerstein:Welcome All

Evan Leibovitch:That is my only question

Judith Hellerstein:Thanks for your question

Evan Leibovitch:23:00 here in Genf

Judith Hellerstein:Thanks for coming on duirng the late hour

Terri Agnew:Welcome Avri

Silvia Vivanco:NARALO ELECTIONS: https://community.icann.org/display/NARALO/2016+ALAC+and+RALO+Elections%2C+Selections+and+Appointments

Silvia Vivanco:Wiki page above

Terri Agnew:Alan Greenberg SOI: https://community.icann.org/x/14woAg

Glenn Mcknight 2:TImer

Glenn Mcknight 2:start  506 to  511

Silvia Vivanco:Terri has started  the timer

Terri Agnew:Welcome Loris Taylor

Loris Taylor:Hello everyone!

Glenn McKnight:hi loris

Terri Agnew:**One minute left alert

Terri Agnew:**15 seconds left alert

Terri Agnew:**time is up

Terri Agnew:Louis Houle SOI: https://community.icann.org/x/O0x-Ag

Glenn McKnight:yes

Judith Hellerstein:@glenn can you mute your self as we can hear you type

Glenn McKnight:Start  at  5 11 to  5 16

Evan Leibovitch:Staff: we only have two candidates and an hour for the call. We can cut some slack on the timer :-)

Glenn Mcknight 2:i  switched to my other computer to type

Terri Agnew:**One minute left alert

Terri Agnew:**15 seconds left alert

Tom Lowenhaupt:My  apologies. Got to go. Will listen to the recording. Thanks to candidates.

Terri Agnew:goodbye Tom

Silvia Vivanco: ICANN and its community have been spending what seems to be almost all of its effort on internal issues (IANA, accountability, upcoming At-Large review). In the midst of this, do you believe that there are any important policy or technical issues that are under-addressed and need the At-Large community's attention? How can we bring these issues to the fore?

Silvia Vivanco:Evan's question above

Louis Houle:I don't mind, you're on.

Glenn Mcknight 2:ICANN and its community have been spending what seems to be almost all of its effort on internal issues (IANA, accountability, upcoming At-Large review). In the midst of this, do you believe that there are any important policy or technical issues that are under-addressed and need the At-Large community's attention? How can we bring these issues to the fore?

Glenn Mcknight 2:Please raise your hand for questions  from the floor

Glenn Mcknight 2:Thanks  Joly for the question.

Glenn Mcknight 2:Please raise your hand if you have a question

Glenn Mcknight 2:If none,  Judith you will be first

Glenn McKnight:As  one of the  NARALO  ALAC  representatives what methods do you plan on deploying in keeping the NARALO membership  up to date with  ALAC activities?

Loris Taylor:What is your position on increasing the diversity of interests in ALAC?  How will you engage more diverse interests?

Evan Leibovitch:OK, I have a followup question based on answers given so far: We have heard a couple of times about a new round of gTLDs being considered. Given the failures of public-interest initiatives in the last round (no Applicant support successes, so many community applications denied, ALAC objections overruled), how can ALAC ensure these problems are not repeated? What, indeed, is your opinion on the justofication (from an end-user perspective) on the need for new rounds?

Terri Agnew:**30 minutes left for Q&A

Glenn McKnight:Loris is next then Evan

Glenn Mcknight 2:Loris do you have  audio?

Glenn Mcknight 2:Evan do you have audio ?

Loris Taylor:No I do not. 

Evan Leibovitch:I am dialed in on adigao. AC audio sucks.

Glenn Mcknight 2:I will ask Judith to read your quesiton Loris

Glenn Mcknight 2:We will read your quesitons   Thanks

Joly MacFie:Louis is ignoring Glenn's worthy efforts. Cards etc.

Loris Taylor:Super!

Judith Hellerstein:Yes I know it is an audio zapper

Terri Agnew:@Loris, as always, let me know if a dial out on the telephone is needed

Judith Hellerstein:I mean it  requires heavy bandwidth

Glenn Mcknight 2:judith please  add

Glenn Mcknight 2:Loris Taylor: What is your position on increasing the diversity of interests in ALAC?  How will you engage more diverse interests?

Loris Taylor:Not race based. 

Glenn Mcknight 2:Louis you will be next

Louis Houle:OK

Glenn Mcknight 2:Next question

Glenn Mcknight 2:Evan Leibovitch: OK, I have a followup question based on answers given so far: We have heard a couple of times about a new round of gTLDs being considered. Given the failures of public-interest initiatives in the last round (no Applicant support successes, so many community applications denied, ALAC objections overruled), how can ALAC ensure these problems are not repeated? What, indeed, is your opinion on the justofication (from an end-user perspective) on the need for new rounds?

Glenn Mcknight 2:Twenty mintues left

Glenn Mcknight 2:Louis will be first in Evan's followup question

Alan Greenberg:We may want to put time limits on responses given the limited time available

Glenn McKnight:three mintues  only

Glenn McKnight:543 to 546

Glenn McKnight:QUESTION  common  term bantered around within ICANN circles  is  Mult-stakeholderism.  What do you think of its usage with ATLARGE and are we living up the expectations of the term

Judith Hellerstein:What are the top 3 things you plan on dong if elected

Evan Leibovitch:Good question.

Evan Leibovitch:@glenn

Glenn Mcknight 2:Louis  you are next  then we go to the wrap up  comments

Louis Houle:OK

Glenn Mcknight 2:Closing statements  from Louis  then Alan

Glenn McKnight:Four minutes each for closing comments

Glenn Mcknight 2:Sorry folks on the typing with my laptop.  I keep forgetting

Glenn Mcknight 2:One minute Louis

Glenn Mcknight 2:audio  dropped i am back

Silvia Vivanco:https://community.icann.org/display/NARALO/2016+ALAC+and+RALO+Elections%2C+Selections+and+Appointments

Glenn Mcknight 2:Thanks  Evan for staying up late to join the call. Your questions  were welcome and thought provoking

Alan Greenberg:We send out message to the NARALO list. If an ALS rep gets that message and does not get the voting credentials, they should contact staff.

Glenn Mcknight 2:Thanks to the candidates and all the attendees

Glenn Mcknight 2:Thanks to staff and to my associate  Judith in  organizing  todays  agenda

Silvia Vivanco:https://community.icann.org/display/NARALO/NARALO+Operating+Principles?preview=/47258446/47351410/NARALO%20Operating%20Principles-Final-2013-08-20.pdf

Silvia Vivanco:17.The members of the unaffiliated individuals, including the representative to the NARALO General Assembly must submit anaffirmation to At-Large Staff indicating that they meet the following criteria:•be subscribed to the NA-Discuss list,•be a permanent resident of one of the countries/territories in the North American region as defined by ICANN,•not be a member of a certified ALS.Ceasing to meet any of the criteria terminates unaffiliated membership.The unaffiliated individuals will be responsible for selecting their representative to the General Assembly. Such representative must not be employed or contracted by, or have substantive financial interest in, an ICANN contracted registry or accredited registrar. Selection of a new representative of the unaffiliated individuals will occur whenever a new ALAC member is selected by the General Assembly.The unaffiliated individuals will adopt a verifiable process to ensure that votes cast via their elected representative reflect the views held among their me

Evan Leibovitch:thanks judith!

Louis Houle:Thanks everyone and have a good evening.

Silvia Vivanco:Thank you!

Evan Leibovitch:g' night

Gordon Chillcott:Thanks and bye for now.

Heidi Ullrich:good bye

• No labels