Yesim Nazlar:Welcome to the Ad-hoc NARALO FY 18 Budget Requests Discussion Call on Thursday, 12 January 2017 at 14:00 UTC
Yesim Nazlar:Agenda: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_FbXDAw&d=DgIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=NzxoIWNi-rfgvoeCUGlWv9GuM8cf4JZ6b4AbDlp6u6I&s=_ZxXC5oJWvc4pJDajxe0-S0Kq-FkTs3Glhlt_NQ9Scc&e=
Alan Greenberg:On another call. Will move over here on phone bridge when that one ends.
Yesim Nazlar:Thank you for letting us know.
Yesim Nazlar:wELCOME jAVİER!
Javier Rua-Jovet:can hear fine
Javier Rua-Jovet:Not yet!
Javier Rua-Jovet:Now its getting good!
Evan:Evin is a she
Evan:Heidi's computer is more awake then me
Silvia Vivanco:Hello all
Javier Rua-Jovet:im having some bandwith isses, so I might be on and off
Glenn McKnight:Please provide the links
Silvia Vivanco::) my laptop took some time to wake up as well
Glenn McKnight:Welcome all
Glenn McKnight:And Marita Moll too
Glenn McKnight:1. Proposals accepted but no payment to community membership
Glenn McKnight:community member
Glenn McKnight:2. Outreach is not a focus
Glenn McKnight:can include but not exclusive,
Alfredo Calderon:So any individual would have to pay his travel expenses.
Alfredo Calderon:Capacity building ?
Glenn McKnight:Question from Alfredo on expenses?
Glenn McKnight:Folks not sure if Heidi is seeing this chat
Glenn McKnight:NARALO is on April 2-5 2017
Evan:Question 1): Is it OK if ICANN is not the exclusive funder of the project -- that is, can the proposal organiozers solicit funding from other sources (that might cover payments to proposers), so long as the ICANN payment are used for the described purposes?
Glenn McKnight:Evan can you speak?
Glenn McKnight:one sec. Heidi can reply to evan
Marita Moll:Is it okay for a project to be country specific if it was capacity building
Glenn McKnight:One second Marita
Glenn McKnight:I would think so
Glenn McKnight:Ed and Alan one second. Marita is next
Alfredo Calderon:Me too. Otherwise our NASIG would have some problems seeking third party funding / sponsorships.
Alfredo Calderon:Me too, meaning I would believe it must be possible, otherwise we may have issues.
Heidi Ullrich:@Evan, the text and perspecitve can be yours.
Evan:That is appreciated ... but if the communications consultant(s) must be vetted/approved by ICANN communications, that may compromise the independence of the result.
Glenn McKnight:Alan you are next
Heidi Ullrich:@Evan, if the comms item has only the At-Large logo on it, I think the text can be basically developed by you.
Heidi Ullrich:If it has the ICANN logo on it, then there will be a review by Comms.
Eduardo Diaz:@Alan: My question was directed to fund just to pay the speakers for their travel and expenses - no renumeration
Evan:finger to screen
Glenn McKnight:Deadline is January 16
Glenn McKnight:Welcome Joly
Glenn McKnight:Joly does your ALS have a proposal?
Glenn McKnight:Revision time after Jan 16 and then final requests by Jan 30
Joly MacFie:I will be meeting with Tom tonight. We'll talk about it.
Alfredo Calderon:How detailed must the budget be for the 16th January?
Glenn McKnight:@Joly please let the NA list know your plans so the community is aware
Javier Rua-Jovet:I think its clear that ICANN can pay for travel and lodging for a speaker in our proposed Nort American IG School.
Glenn McKnight:We have for the record Evan, Marita and Ed and company have proposals
Glenn McKnight:Judith and myself has ATLARGE wide proposals
Glenn McKnight:Note don't worry about the budget items for the proposal
Glenn McKnight:Note Short comments
Glenn McKnight:Note Use multi tags
Glenn McKnight:Note Location
Glenn McKnight:Note Alignment to the strategic plan LINK
Glenn McKnight:Note What geography, demographics naralo only?
Glenn McKnight:Note Deliverables impact that is sustainable long term impacts
Glenn McKnight:short and long term impacts. legacy?
Glenn McKnight:Notes Metrics Evaluaton, etc
Glenn McKnight:Note Request for subject matter experts required details on the type of person
Glenn McKnight:Note Tech support , av , room, livestream, adigo, adobe etc
Glenn McKnight:Note Language support, translation etc
Robert Hoggarth:Hello everyone. As a matter of further note, the ICANN Board and senior staff are looking to incorporate even more accountability and transparency into the Special Budget Request Process, so there are growing reporting documentation goals. Thus, having the Request Objectives robustly described is very important.
Glenn McKnight:One second Joly
Robert Hoggarth:Thanks Heidi. A pleasure to be here
Glenn McKnight:Joly question on joint proposal from two ALS
Glenn McKnight:More the merrier is fine with me
Glenn McKnight:Alan did you want to respond?
Alan Greenberg:There is no reason why it could not be a multiple ALS request.
Glenn McKnight:ed you are next
Alfredo Calderon:Check what we ISOC-PR has done for the last two years at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__internetdaypr.org&d=DgIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=NzxoIWNi-rfgvoeCUGlWv9GuM8cf4JZ6b4AbDlp6u6I&s=aIExi71SPxXh-af8NRjHMivc8KO6-BhFjmICxa48xEQ&e=
Alan Greenberg:Rob, that seems to be quite a challenge to accomplish in th next two weeks.
Glenn McKnight:Alan is your question in response to Evan?
Alfredo Calderon:Last year we actually did a contest where community was invited to do short video clips on their of Internet Issues.
Glenn McKnight:Alan your will be bumped up in front of Ed
Glenn McKnight:Ed i am letting Alan speak first in response to Evan's comment
Glenn McKnight:i don't see Evan's comments
Heidi Ullrich:@Evan, I'm happy to set up a call with Comms once you have a draft request
Heidi Ullrich:or to send your draft to Comms
Evan:Actually, I agree with what Rob says and am very confrtable with this. If the comms team looks at some submissions and says "this project shouldn't be a special request, it should be taken in as a mainstream ongoing activity" .... that's cool with me.
Evan:didn't press <enter> :-P
Glenn McKnight:@marita did you have your idea prepared to discuss?
Glenn McKnight:you will be next
Glenn McKnight:Alan your qualifing question or comment as soon as Rob stops speaking
Eduardo Diaz:@rob: Thanks
Heidi Ullrich:@Eduardo, you may wish to reach out to the Meetings Team, GSE (both Chris and Rodrigo) and the DPRD (for education tools)
Glenn McKnight:Note 50% of the requests are refused but they can be considered elsewhere
Evan:Perfect, Alan. Thanks. Just what I wanted to hear.
Glenn McKnight:Robert one sec
Glenn McKnight:I need to let them summmarize their proposal
Robert Hoggarth:thank you Glen. no rush
Glenn McKnight:rob you can interject before alfredo
Robert Hoggarth:I will have to go host another scheduled call about 3 mins to the top of the hour. happy to continue conversations individually if needed.
Glenn McKnight:sorry ed, Alfredo please speak up when Rob finishes
Alan Greenberg:Note that got the Int Gov School, although we may be able to share ICANN resources, it may be better to find other resources, just as the Indian School was held at a local university which presumably donated the space. and provided food at a lower cost than the hotels we use would.
Glenn McKnight:Sorry Joly let Alfredo and Javier wrap up then you
Heidi Ullrich:@Eduardo/Alfredo/Javieor, you may wish to consider if this event could be part of the premeeting outreach that ICANN at times organizes.
Heidi Ullrich:Also, I believe PR has an Internet Day, if this event could link to that the impact could be sustained, etc
Javier Rua-Jovet:Just to strees the NARALO Puerto Rico School of IG will be the first ever, and that we are doing all we can to build up the critical mass of additional sponsors
Alan Greenberg:SOunds like it might be focused more as a Caribbean/Spanish School
Heidi Ullrich:+1 Javier
Glenn McKnight:@marita you will be the last presenter. I will table judith, and my proposals since they are ATLARGE
Javier Rua-Jovet:Thanks Heidi!
Heidi Ullrich:@Eduardo, have you been in touch with other ICANN depts?
Joly MacFie:my mic is on
Joly MacFie:my mic is on - shows level
Alfredo Calderon:@Joly, we can hear you now.
Robert Hoggarth:thank you for sharing Marita! I am VERY sorry for the short time I am with you all today. am happy to follow up with anyone who wants to have 1:1 calls over the next several days
Heidi Ullrich:@Maria - re your capacity building, this may be an event that normal staff responsibilities (IT/At-Large) can cover.
Glenn McKnight:I will do a quick closing comment
Heidi Ullrich:so, you could submit it, but it might come back as being within normal staff support
Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Rob!!
Marita Moll:That's okay. It's a process and I am interested in understanding it as well
Heidi Ullrich:@Marita, sure
Heidi Ullrich:The RALO Development Session at the AGM will be placed in the core budget
Alfredo Calderon:Excellent session.
Javier Rua-Jovet:Thanks to all, thanks Glenn!
Heidi Ullrich:as weil the ALAC development session
Silvia Vivanco:Thank you all
Eduardo Diaz:Gracias Glenn for the meeting Very effective.
Glenn McKnight:thanks bye
Heidi Ullrich:Evan sorry
Heidi Ullrich:do you wish to have a call?