Evin Erdogdu:Welcome to the NARALO Community Discussion on NARALO Rules of Procedures on Tuesday, 28 March 2017 from 17:00 UTC - 18:00 UTC.

  Evin Erdogdu:Agenda: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_I8HRAw&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=HedNXfBayuWxdPer7COiCJBd39KxvJQIgCaiDYF2Tm8&m=olzvOnTcCOlCldVksntw76XNOXFj6QIx4fAAIFdWu_A&s=JBljikPUqry1_9Euj2pZe6tkAxhm4BdB-7v82UANW-w&e=

  Wes Boudville:Indeed, hullo to all

  Glenn McKnight:Hi Wes

  Evin Erdogdu:Welcome, Glenn and Wes!

  Glenn McKnight:Did you get the  ALS Expertise  Survey?

  Glenn McKnight:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y4ZbL0ojPXDzNzZfcKg55P3A9erO5E4GJrmrFeorbS8/edit?usp=sharing

  Glenn McKnight:Its a google doc

  Glenn McKnight:we will be sharing the NARALO Report and Slideshow in advance to the General Assembly too

  Silvia Vivanco:Hello all

  Glenn McKnight:On adigo

  Evin Erdogdu:Welcome!

  Wes Boudville:I'll try to look at the fb pages

  Evin Erdogdu:Welcome Judith!

  Glenn McKnight:http://fliphtml5.com/bookcase/bwvb

  Ricardo Holmquist:Hi everyone, good day

  Glenn McKnight:http://fliphtml5.com/bookcase/quly

  Ricardo Holmquist:Hi Glenn

  Glenn McKnight:Hi Ricardo

  Gordon Chillcott:Got it.

  Matthew Rantanen:I can send you the itinerary

  Silvia Vivanco:ok we can start now

  Glenn McKnight:https://community.icann.org/display/NARALO/Travel+Information

  Glenn McKnight:This is the travel for Scott and Mathew to complete

  judith hellerstein:you need to log into confluence and then hit edit to add your info

  Glenn McKnight:Perfect  Welcome  Alan G

  Glenn McKnight:if you have problems  email your  your details

  Evin Erdogdu:Welcome Alan!

  Silvia Vivanco:EURALO Rops are being revised, and target date is this summer

  Louis Houle:Hello

  Glenn McKnight:Welcome Louis

  Louis Houle:Thanks

  Evin Erdogdu:NARALO Operating Principles Review: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_UAubAw&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=HedNXfBayuWxdPer7COiCJBd39KxvJQIgCaiDYF2Tm8&m=olzvOnTcCOlCldVksntw76XNOXFj6QIx4fAAIFdWu_A&s=vv55mFjX-CtPjL8lMadKOCCUIooU4j4V9gp0xvT9Rkk&e=

  Silvia Vivanco:https://community.icann.org/display/EURALO/Task+Force+on+review+and+revision+of+the+EURALO+By-Laws

  Silvia Vivanco:EURALO first draft is posted in the wiki above

  Silvia Vivanco:LACRALO will start the review

  Silvia Vivanco:in the upcoming weeks

  Glenn McKnight:Many roads to Rome

  Matthew Rantanen:@Judith after logging in, I'm not seeing edit privileges, I can watch, share, and download

  Silvia Vivanco:APRALO is reviewing the unaffiliated members and there is a fomat posted on the wiki page

  Glenn McKnight:Mathew  please email your details and I will add them for you

  Silvia Vivanco:https://community.icann.org/display/APRALO/APRALO+Rules+of+Procedures+Review+-+Individual+membership

  judith hellerstein:there is an edit tab on the top. just hit edit

  Matthew Rantanen:edit tab missing in action

  Evin Erdogdu:Welcome Evan!

  Silvia Vivanco:I posted the relevant wiki pages  from other RALOs work

  Glenn McKnight:Welcome Evan.  the  draft  Rules are posted on the centre panel and available in the agenda

  Glenn McKnight:thanks Judith

  Glenn McKnight:Yes

  Evin Erdogdu:Yes, we can hear you John.

  Glenn McKnight:more humm

  Evin Erdogdu:It is a fuzzy connection.

  Silvia Vivanco:interference on John's line

  Silvia Vivanco:Evin can you look into this with Adigo

  Silvia Vivanco:much  better

  Louis Houle:Yes

  Gordon Chillcott:Much better\

  Evin Erdogdu:Yes, checking now. John's line sounds good now.

  Glenn McKnight:https://community.icann.org/display/NARALO/NARALO+Operating+Principles+Review

  Glenn McKnight:PLEASE MUTE  if not talking

  Glenn McKnight:John will walk through the draft

  Glenn McKnight:Changes

  Glenn McKnight:1. Elections and Consensus issue clauses

  Glenn McKnight:Alan- Issues

  Glenn McKnight:AG- terminalogy consistency  

  Silvia Vivanco:I assume that the rules have been checked to ensure terminology is consistent with the ICANN- NARALO MOU

  Glenn McKnight:AG  GA- Clarity of term

  Glenn McKnight:AG-Meetings- Terminalogy

  Glenn McKnight:AG-Title issue  RUles of Procedures

  Evan Leibovitch:Normally, what is referred to as "the General Assembly" has been generally just referred to as "NARALO"

  Glenn McKnight:AG- Election - options  

  Glenn McKnight:AG-One Candidate- Acclaimed

  Glenn McKnight:AG-Performance rules- discussion

  Evan Leibovitch:What Alan is talking about is essentially a "none of the above" choice in a field of one. Usually a bad idea.

  Evan Leibovitch:no microphone

  Evan Leibovitch:That's what I meant. The idea of a decision to be made, despite only one candidate, implies an ability to reject -- hence, the NOTA option.

  Glenn McKnight:As silvia suggested the document needs to migrate to RED LINE and online comments

  Glenn McKnight:old hand  Alan?

  Evan Leibovitch:mike works now

  Glenn McKnight:Evan one sec

  Glenn McKnight:yes

  Louis Houle:@ Alan: agree

  Glenn McKnight:EL- Purpose of decision process should be automatic, need to be clear

  Glenn McKnight:Alan one sec

  Glenn McKnight:AG- Qualifications  issue

  Glenn McKnight:Leah you are next

  Evan Leibovitch:Tri-nasal-phobia?

  Glenn McKnight:Evan is this a response to Alan?

  judith hellerstein:i agree with alan

  Matthew Rantanen:@Glenn, I sent my travel to your email.. after sign-in, I don't have edit abilities...

  Glenn McKnight:thanks  Matt

  Silvia Vivanco:Leah perhaps you are  muted

  judith hellerstein:Or maybe staff can call her via adigo

  Silvia Vivanco:in terms of methodology, perhaps the document can be put in a google doc format

  Silvia Vivanco:so that all members can edit it

  Leah Symekher (SFBay ISOC):sorry...about that. It was about qualifucation for candidate

  Matthew Rantanen:Agree with comments made thus far.

  Silvia Vivanco:and comment for a determined time

  Louis Houle:Thanks for the question Glenn

  Alan Greenberg:Do we need the ALS to verify that you are a member in good standing, or is it self-certification?

  Leah Symekher (SFBay ISOC):Got it thx

  judith hellerstein:HI Matt, Evin will work on your confluence issues and make sure you have rights

  Alan Greenberg:How do we recognize "knowledgable about NARALO"

  Glenn McKnight:Alan one sec

  Glenn McKnight:you are next

  Silvia Vivanco:@ John, are you planning to include a "Definitions" section ?

  Glenn McKnight:Thanks Silvia

  Silvia Vivanco:you may want to check ALAC ROPs for example of useful definitions: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_atlarge_Rules-2Bof-2BProcedure&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=HedNXfBayuWxdPer7COiCJBd39KxvJQIgCaiDYF2Tm8&m=olzvOnTcCOlCldVksntw76XNOXFj6QIx4fAAIFdWu_A&s=8ADVr6Mox00C-zeveqClzOGxHW2zi7JN2K4tStZrkG8&e=

  Glenn McKnight:good idea  Silvia

  Matthew Rantanen:@judith Thanks

  Silvia Vivanco:Thanks Glenn

  Alan Greenberg:I would like to talk about recognizing sufficient activity.

  Evan Leibovitch:Suggestioon: addition into Officers of a Liaison to ARIN

  John More:If someone has technical corrections, I welcome them.

  Evan Leibovitch:(as we do have an MoU with them)

  John More:Addition of ARIN liaison makes sense to me.

  Silvia Vivanco:timeline: Completely up to you NARALO members, I know it may take some time to edit and come to an agreement, for example EURALO has a timeframe until end of summer

  Alan Greenberg:By the end of this term is quite reasonable. Much earlier probably is not.

  John More:I concur that it would be good to have a single point person.

  Leah Symekher (SFBay ISOC):I do not think we need a designated ARIN Officer...

  Glenn McKnight:One sec Alan

  Leah Symekher (SFBay ISOC):each ALS can do that on their own directky with ARIN

  Glenn McKnight:A point person is a good idea from our  perspective not ARIN

  Glenn McKnight:our  eyes on the road

  Glenn McKnight:Its not a  ARIN offical person,

  Glenn McKnight:None

  judith hellerstein:Leah has been the unofficial person

  John More:Permits for accountability with respond to the ARIN relationship.

  judith hellerstein:we do not know either

  judith hellerstein:but that is what they are telling us

  John More:Also means that ARIN has a contact point for communications.

  Glenn McKnight:makes sense

  judith hellerstein:we lost alan

  Glenn McKnight:i can hear him

  judith hellerstein:i can hear him now

  Louis Houle:5/5

  Silvia Vivanco:I can hear him Judith

  Silvia Vivanco:did you drop?

  Leah Symekher (SFBay ISOC):As as ALS we have been directly communicating w/ARIN actively

  judith hellerstein:no he just went mute but it could have bee adobe

  Alfredo Calderon:I agree with Alan.

  judith hellerstein:i hear him now

  Gordon Chillcott: I don't believe this needs to be in the Rules of Procedure

  Evan Leibovitch:Fair enough. I'm more interested in having the role than making it formal

  judith hellerstein:no they objected to it informally

  John More:Need not be more than a person identified as such.  Could be party of a catch-all.

  Silvia Vivanco:please be so kind to say your name before speaking for transcription purposes

  Alan Greenberg:This is a good discussion, but I don't think we need to have this discussion now. with less than 15 minutes left in call.

  Silvia Vivanco:otherwise transcript is not accurate

  Evin Erdogdu:Thank you for the reminder Silvia

  Alan Greenberg:I would like to talk about activity.

  Glenn McKnight:ALS  Expectations

  judith hellerstein:I do not think that coming to 2 out of 12 meetings is a problem

  judith hellerstein:they could send a second rep if they can not come

  Glenn McKnight:We need to hard stop because another meeting is sceduled

  Evan Leibovitch:"Hibernation mode" -- an ALS that sleeps untikl somnething of interest to it occurs.

  Gordon Chillcott:Agree with Alan here

  John More:We need further suggestions for what an active ALS is.

  wes boudville:Is a 'hard stop' because some of you need to be at that meeting ?

  Glenn McKnight:no the  room is being used

  Evan Leibovitch:@wes: They've probably allocated the phone bridge for another call

  Louis Houle:no sound

  wes boudville:oh, thanks

  Silvia Vivanco:Judith we cannot hear you

  Glenn McKnight:Please add your comments as well

  John More:One other question is whether the ALS should identify and alternate voting representative.

  Glenn McKnight:Good  point about the Face to Face

  Evin Erdogdu:Welcome back, Judith!

  judith hellerstein:OK will try again

  Gordon Chillcott:@John, how about a "proxy" who can present a note from the "official" voting member?

  Louis Houle:ANd this point will still be raised in 10 years Evan (-;)

  judith hellerstein:i like hibernation

  John More:Proxy system would be possible.  Would allow for show of activity.

  Glenn McKnight:We can huddle togeteher in New Orleans on this too

  Gordon Chillcott:My own inclination is that the proxy would present a note to the NARALO chair.  

  Glenn McKnight:Thanks Gordon   JOhn did you get Gordon's point

  John More:Even if the ALS's interest is narrow, do we not want folks to get out of their comfort zone and consider being active.

  Louis Houle:Criteria ? Qualifications?  Judith

  Leah Symekher (SFBay ISOC):great work John n Judith.

  Louis Houle:Thanks John. Very helpful to the discussion.

  Alan Greenberg:Note that at the ALAC level, we are building a new set of "participation" rules.

  Alfredo Calderon:Gordon's idea is a great one.  Some form of reporting from each ALS to the Chair or post on Wiki.

  judith hellerstein:yes the als criteria task force

  Matthew Rantanen:Thanks

  Alfredo Calderon:Bye!

  Glenn McKnight:bye

  John More:Thanks.

  Ricardo Holmquist:bye

  Gordon Chillcott:Thank you all.  Bye for now

  judith hellerstein:bye

  Harold Arcos:Thanks for invitation,

  • No labels