Yesim Nazlar:Welcome to the NARALO General Assembly Agenda Call on Thursday, 19 January 2017 at 20:00 UTC

  Yesim Nazlar:Agenda:

  Silvia Vivanco:Welcome all

  Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):hi!!

  Louis Houle:Hi

  Silvia Vivanco:Welcome all!

  Seth Reiss:Sorry for being late!

  Seth Reiss:your welcom

  Glenn McKnight:

  Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):Thanks for the link Glenn

  Silvia Vivanco:so you have 10 hrs of meeting

  Silvia Vivanco:at your disposal to organize topics of discussion

  Silvia Vivanco:8 hrs sorry of meetings

  Silvia Vivanco:roughly

  Seth Reiss:i cannot hear Silvia

  Glenn McKnight:Action item: Judith will check with Mark Buell on possible on moving the ISOC social to Sunday as well

  Silvia Vivanco:ok

  Seth Reiss:Who will be presenting or preparing the content for the five topics?  I think this will be critical

  Glenn McKnight:Yesim i sent you the list of topics from the survey

  Glenn McKnight:Faciliators  per topics

  Seth Reiss:I am a great facilittor but I cannot handle the substance

  Yesim Nazlar:will take time to download

  Glenn McKnight:sure

  Seth Reiss:I understand.  But we need experts in each topic otherwise, we will not be educating our members

  Glenn McKnight:Lets ask who on the call will like to volunteer these topics

  Seth Reiss:I do not see the point in the uninformed trying to inform other uninformed

  Silvia Vivanco:You don't necessarily have to cover all topics

  Glenn McKnight:We have some board and staff to volunteer

  Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):I think ICANN speakers is a good idea

  Silvia Vivanco:I do not see too much time

  Seth Reiss:Yes, I think having a subject matter expert or well informed ICANN staff or policy expert to present each topic

  Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):Narrow down to three, and get three good speakers

  Silvia Vivanco:Good suggestion Javier

  Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):Gracias Silvia!

  Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):Yes, those three!

  Seth Reiss:We always talk about engagement.  I would prefer dropping this one

  Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):Internet Gov, Public Interest, Security

  Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):I vote for the three Im saying

  Glenn McKnight:As per the proposal  we have three deliverables.  1. Engagement. 2. Policy topics  3. Leadership

  Yesim Nazlar:Welcome Tom!

  Glenn McKnight:Hi tom

  Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):The number three keeps popping up!!

  Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):Its a sign!

  Glenn McKnight:Tom we are looking for faciliators for each of our  sessions

  Tom Lowenhaupt:hi

  Glenn McKnight:Evan, John Laprise and Alan all expressed interest in faciliating

  Tom Lowenhaupt:When was this poll? taken?

  Glenn McKnight:It was in the fall.  similar to euralo

  Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):Thats a good topic, ICANN Future, ICANN evolution

  Seth Reiss:You can fit the IANA development into Internet Governance

  Seth Reiss:Lets keep facilitation and presenters separate

  Glenn McKnight:We need to slot  ALan and John

  Tom Lowenhaupt:How many will be attending?

  Tom Lowenhaupt:Good Louis. Maybe a Doodle.

  Glenn McKnight:We should have roughly 30 attendees

  Glenn McKnight:My suggestion we have a series of  presentations then break out sessions

  Glenn McKnight:a summary of the break out sessions

  Glenn McKnight:each session will have a scribe

  Seth Reiss:How many hours are dedicated to this activity?

  Glenn McKnight:Short

  Glenn McKnight:hand up

  Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):I agree with Glenn.  3 good prenters and then breakouts

  Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):presenters

  Glenn McKnight:a simple breakdown of the times and presentations

  Glenn McKnight:8 to 9

  Glenn McKnight:9 to 10

  Glenn McKnight:10 to 11

  Silvia Vivanco:We will have Chris Mondini

  Glenn McKnight:11 to 12

  Glenn McKnight:12 to 1  working lunch

  Glenn McKnight:1-2  Summaries and Action itmes

  Silvia Vivanco:so we have to give him some time, its a good opportunity to speak about ICANN's view in the region

  Glenn McKnight:yes, i was thinking of short 20 minute high level presentations then breakout

  Glenn McKnight:We have  Chris Modini can provide the ICANN overview

  Glenn McKnight:We also have Heidi on policy  then breakout

  Glenn McKnight:Which can include  engagement, outreach etc

  Tom Lowenhaupt:What day are we talking about?

  Glenn McKnight:in the strategic plan

  Glenn McKnight:its the  wednesday

  Glenn McKnight:we have not discussed the  8 to 9 meetings

  Louis Houle:DDPP

  Glenn McKnight:we skipped to the Wed session

  Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):Damned Icannese!

  Glenn McKnight:It only had one meeting , Gordon and I are on this committee

  Silvia Vivanco: Document Development Pilot- DDPP

  Silvia Vivanco:DP

  Silvia Vivanco:now for sure

  Glenn McKnight:Stress  the breakouts  are given marching orders after the  15 to 20 minute overview then the beakout make the general topic relevant

  Silvia Vivanco:Dan O'neill

  Silvia Vivanco:is his name but he is a consultant

  Tom Lowenhaupt:Q. I'd offered to give a presentation/update on city-TLDs and their role in strengthening the At-Large. Is there room for that?

  Glenn McKnight:Judith and I will provide an overview of NARALO activities and planned actions in 2017, followup to the 2016 plan

  Silvia Vivanco:please take into account we need to check with Goran once we have the topics clear, his time is, as you can imagine, limited, so we need to take that into account

  Glenn McKnight:Yes

  Louis Houle:I agree with Tom

  Tom Lowenhaupt:30 minutes

  Tom Lowenhaupt:1 hr

  Tom Lowenhaupt:ok

  Glenn McKnight:hand up

  Tom Lowenhaupt:When is that likely to be?

  Louis Houle:@ Tom: let's discuss it by email after the call

  Glenn McKnight:icebreakers on  monday

  Tom Lowenhaupt:Thank you. And my apologies as I arrive late.

  Tom Lowenhaupt:Earlier the better on the ice breakers. Any chance of  having it as the start of the Sunday night social?

  Glenn McKnight:sure

  Glenn McKnight:i was thinking that we know each other well before wednesday

  Silvia Vivanco:yes

  Louis Houle:I have to leave soon

  Glenn McKnight:nope

  Louis Houle:Thanks everyone

  Glenn McKnight:thanks all,  thanks  louis to followup with  Monique

  Tom Lowenhaupt:bye

  Tom Lowenhaupt:thanks

  • No labels