Evin Erdogdu:Welcome to the NARALO Monthly Teleconference on Monday, 14 August 2017 from 19:00 UTC - 20:00 UTC.
  Evin Erdogdu:Agenda: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_MXbwAw&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=HedNXfBayuWxdPer7COiCJBd39KxvJQIgCaiDYF2Tm8&m=FUqRdZP00BQpqcG4ui5-2ICiciLO_UWEtz89i6qu2oM&s=QdlD0F1ypbPJhy5gtipNplPq9qV5Z8_uRH8l_ijWLtk&e=
  Glenn McKnight:Hi evin
  Glenn McKnight:calling in now
  Glenn McKnight:905  434 6655
  Glenn McKnight:Please call to reduce the slight bussing sound
  Evin Erdogdu:Thank you Glenn, much appreciated!
  Evin Erdogdu:The interpreters also thank you :)
  Glenn McKnight:PLease note  Olivier will be joining us on item 2.1 he has confirmed
  Evin Erdogdu:Yes, he has joined us already!
  Evin Erdogdu:We have noted in the agenda as well.
  Javier Rua Jovet:Hi to all.  I can only be here on chat; cant use voice...
  Evin Erdogdu:Welcome, all!
  Eve Edelson:Hi all!
  Yubelkys Montalvo:Greetings to all!
  Eve Edelson:yes I hear you
  Yubelkys Montalvo:I can't hear
  Eve Edelson:buzzy
  judith hellerstein:yess buzzy. something is wrong with adigo
  Eve Edelson:it stopped
  judith hellerstein:No more buzzing
  Eduardo Diaz:i can hear you ok
  Murray McKercher:sounds OK Glen
  Louis Houle:Hello I'll be on the French channel!
  John More:no sound
  judith hellerstein:Glenn mute yourself when you are not talking
  Eve Edelson:is someone moving boxes?
  Joly MacFie:Glenn 2
  Yubelkys Montalvo 2:I can't hear
  Eve Edelson:fine
  judith hellerstein:Yubelkys can you hear now
  judith hellerstein:Do you want staff to call you?
  Yubelkys Montalvo 2:no
  Javier Rua Jovet:are you muted @yubelkys?
  Evin Erdogdu:We did not get to everyone on the roll call due to audio interruption, but will note everyone on the wiki page. Thank you!
  Yubelkys Montalvo 2:No
  Eve Edelson:say again please Eduardo, the title?
  Susannah Gray (SFBay ISOC):ARIN on the Road
  Joly MacFie:Agenda for CaribIGF https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ctu.int_wp-2Dcontent_uploads_2017_Events_August_13th-5FCIGF_13th-2DCIGF-2DOutline-2DAgenda.pdf&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=HedNXfBayuWxdPer7COiCJBd39KxvJQIgCaiDYF2Tm8&m=FUqRdZP00BQpqcG4ui5-2ICiciLO_UWEtz89i6qu2oM&s=Xj0-IcaQ743bO1ivNn7cRmmrc7sRbnEQ7JYzs8BuOiU&e=
  judith hellerstein:@yubelkys try logging out of adobe and then logging back in
  Glenn McKnight 2:thanks 
  Yubelkys Montalvo 2:ok
  John More:Joly. Thanks for your work on the IGF USA 2017
  Eve Edelson:Yes I was at IGF thank you Joly -- there were more tracks than I could attend so I look forward to the v ideos
  Dustin Phillips:Susannah too!
  Susannah Gray (SFBay ISOC)::)
  Silvia Vivanco:Thank you all for sharing your activities  
  Silvia Vivanco:please  use the mailing list as well to share your activities
  Murray McKercher:OK i think I am back
  Glenn McKnight 2:yes
  Eduardo Diaz:YEs, please send me all this onfo so I can include it in the newsletter.
  Evin Erdogdu:At-Large Review Recommendations Feasibility Assessment & Implementation Plan: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_3jTwAw&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=HedNXfBayuWxdPer7COiCJBd39KxvJQIgCaiDYF2Tm8&m=FUqRdZP00BQpqcG4ui5-2ICiciLO_UWEtz89i6qu2oM&s=n7IMMtL8f7y3J8LRdDNzBtxyOOvSxxEwZxp5UHEjnnA&e=
  Howard Deane:https://www.piac.ca/our-specialities/canadian-consumer-groups-launch-consumers-150-the-state-of-canadian-consumers-and-advocacy-september-19-20-2017/
  Howard Deane:http://www.consumerscouncil.com/#event|consumers-150|2794
  Evin Erdogdu:Google Doc: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_1Njfm2rRfmgAGAamhDEv1f-5FOIqIh0-2DdZrnDCA9U-5FEHlw_edit&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=HedNXfBayuWxdPer7COiCJBd39KxvJQIgCaiDYF2Tm8&m=FUqRdZP00BQpqcG4ui5-2ICiciLO_UWEtz89i6qu2oM&s=Q5hIBTM8hegAwUwXn60Mb4D9iLGBqf_SyxmZ5Atqu7g&e=
  Joly MacFie:scratchpad needs permission?
  Joly MacFie:OIC, one can request
  Joly MacFie:OIC, one can request
  Glenn McKnight 2:one sec Alan
  Joly MacFie:ALn, Olivier, is there consensus? Are there any points of contention?
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:comments etc. should not go directly to the document, Joly
  Glenn McKnight 2:Alan  another comment?
  Glenn McKnight 2:I agree
  Glenn McKnight 2:We had alot of consensus on the document
  Silvia Vivanco:At-Large Review Feasibility Assessment and Implementation Plan Webinar is scheduled for Wednesday, 16 August 2017 at 16:00 UTC 
  Evin Erdogdu:Action Items: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_r07wAw&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=HedNXfBayuWxdPer7COiCJBd39KxvJQIgCaiDYF2Tm8&m=FUqRdZP00BQpqcG4ui5-2ICiciLO_UWEtz89i6qu2oM&s=UVrnEOkwVpOvpcdwCgbn2Y-xgHZQQ_BXePc8yfD-0Lg&e=
  Eduardo Diaz:Mine was done.
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:Webinar on At-Large Review: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_XxUhB&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=HedNXfBayuWxdPer7COiCJBd39KxvJQIgCaiDYF2Tm8&m=FUqRdZP00BQpqcG4ui5-2ICiciLO_UWEtz89i6qu2oM&s=iJxZISbqQy5efVl7NGK3F5IdtJWjMcW5rZl6u_Vo_1M&e=
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:(agenda of the Webinar will be updated)
  Eduardo Diaz:But did not get any volunteers
  Evin Erdogdu:New At-Large Structure (ALS) and Individual Orientation Program: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_atlarge_New-2BAt-2DLarge-2BStructure-2B-2528ALS-2529-2Band-2BIndividual-2BOrientation-2BProgram&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=HedNXfBayuWxdPer7COiCJBd39KxvJQIgCaiDYF2Tm8&m=FUqRdZP00BQpqcG4ui5-2ICiciLO_UWEtz89i6qu2oM&s=LcrbnrjY4I7E7NCQzdgIUxlVUuFpmkq2Z8hDS7nF260&e=
  Silvia Vivanco:Stay tuned for the doodle and complete it please for the call in September!
  Eve Edelson:Excellent
  Susannah Gray (SFBay ISOC):Congratulations Leah! 
  Glenn McKnight 2:wow lots of noise
  Evin Erdogdu:Global Indigenous Fellowship: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_atlarge_Global-2BIndigenous-2BAmbassador-2BProgram&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=HedNXfBayuWxdPer7COiCJBd39KxvJQIgCaiDYF2Tm8&m=FUqRdZP00BQpqcG4ui5-2ICiciLO_UWEtz89i6qu2oM&s=7rj5o-WyFoMIskmbU4Mn33phBt3r-9NGuLrt04qgQH8&e=
  Leah Symekher:Thank you Eve, Susannah and all :-)
  judith hellerstein:Geofreey Blackwell
  Eve Edelson:yes
  Glenn McKnight 2:Geoff  Blackwell
  Yubelkys Montalvo:yes
  Evin Erdogdu:NARALO Operating Principles Review: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_NARALO_NARALO-2BOperating-2BPrinciples-2BReview&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=HedNXfBayuWxdPer7COiCJBd39KxvJQIgCaiDYF2Tm8&m=FUqRdZP00BQpqcG4ui5-2ICiciLO_UWEtz89i6qu2oM&s=T3_1L8p8NuJfqahBRTVS4dPfPfvmX9QrllhTzrB8fko&e=
  judith hellerstein:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Qj5LGJBq9t0rQCsJr2LvsjvmIpUo86zYORrMLEh1wrM/
  Heidi Ullrich:Geoffrey Blackwell and Ruben Hilare Quispe are the two Global Indigenous Ambassadors. Mentor to be selected shortly. 
  Glenn McKnight:Wow the noise in adobe and adigo is serious 
  judith hellerstein:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Qj5LGJBq9t0rQCsJr2LvsjvmIpUo86zYORrMLEh1wrM/edit?usp=sharing
  Glenn McKnight:I muted my laptop so i can type ion my desktop
  Glenn McKnight 2:alan
  judith hellerstein:please see the link that I posted in the chat
  Glenn McKnight:alan go ahead
  judith hellerstein:AFRALO, APRALO have it
  judith hellerstein:I think EURALO does as well
  Glenn McKnight:Judith  please  repeat the issue in the chat as a ACTION ITEM for  a response
  Matthew Rantanen:Apologies for my tardiness. Indian Country is still behind with cell connectivity as well as Broadband. I am on Adobe Connect only at the moment
  Silvia Vivanco:Welcome Matthew
  Evin Erdogdu:Welcome, Matthew!
  Glenn McKnight:Item  One   Adoption of  the idea of  VICE CHAIR
  Glenn McKnight:Item Two:  Terms and Term Limits 
  Glenn McKnight:welcome Matt
  judith hellerstein:Then Gordon after alan
  judith hellerstein:We would split all the trips and each person would skip one trip
  Glenn McKnight:Gordon  are you in the que
  Alan Greenberg:Different regions handle this differently. In APRALO, the Secr is not an elected but appointed and has no travel by deault. And the have two VC.s
  Glenn McKnight 2:alan do you have comment
  Glenn McKnight:Item 3    Election process
  judith hellerstein:I think that if there is more than one candidate we need to have an election
  Glenn McKnight:rough consensus rules
  judith hellerstein:this is best practice and I think it is a good thing
  Glenn McKnight:Item Four  Performance criteria
  Glenn McKnight:ALS Criteria
  Glenn McKnight:ie. participation, policy statements etc
  judith hellerstein:rough consensus is good but I just do not believe it should be relied on for elections when there is more than one candidate running 
  Glenn McKnight 2:i can give 5 more for this discussion
  Glenn McKnight:Suggestion of a formal process to the ALS for reps by Evan
  Glenn McKnight:Action item for Evan to email to group on his idea for inclusion
  Glenn McKnight 2:judith go ahead
  judith hellerstein:I do not understand Evan's question?  we would do a formal call for nomination but then if there are more than one person running than you would call for election
  Glenn McKnight:We have two more mintues on this issue
  Glenn McKnight:We need to move into the other items
  Silvia Vivanco:would you like to have an AI for all to send comments to John 
  Silvia Vivanco:so all comments can be included in the document 
  John More:I am all set with the helpful comments.   They will be reflected in the next draft.
  Glenn McKnight 2:We need to wrap up for now,  Please send your comments to John More on your question or suggestions
  judith hellerstein:I think it goes against transparency
  Javier Rua Jovet:I support Alan's views on this consensus/election issue.
  judith hellerstein:If they are the only person running than we can acclaim them
  Louis Houle:+1 with Alan views
  Evin Erdogdu:Update ISOC SFC Webinar: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.sfbayisoc.org_2017_07_28_icann59-2Dread-2Dout-2Dwebinar_&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=HedNXfBayuWxdPer7COiCJBd39KxvJQIgCaiDYF2Tm8&m=FUqRdZP00BQpqcG4ui5-2ICiciLO_UWEtz89i6qu2oM&s=XOEBjW_IA_sAZk66Fku5n6_6p1_Jmwedw9-BCymwLAw&e=
  Silvia Vivanco:See information on the Read out above 
  John More:There will be a new draft made available reflecting today's discussion.
  Susannah Gray (SFBay ISOC):https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.sfbayisoc.org_2017_07_28_icann59-2Dread-2Dout-2Dwebinar_&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=HedNXfBayuWxdPer7COiCJBd39KxvJQIgCaiDYF2Tm8&m=FUqRdZP00BQpqcG4ui5-2ICiciLO_UWEtz89i6qu2oM&s=XOEBjW_IA_sAZk66Fku5n6_6p1_Jmwedw9-BCymwLAw&e=
  Susannah Gray (SFBay ISOC):Recording (unfortunately started late) and slides 
  Glenn McKnight:Thanks John
  Joly MacFie:I never did edit our readout. May yet get to it.
  Heidi Ullrich:ALS Read Outs may be funded through the RALO outreach and engagement funds 
  Evin Erdogdu:William Cunningham(Unaffiliated)  NARALO Trip Proposal 1 DRAFT: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_soaceoutreach_NARALO-2BTrip-2BProposal-2B1-2BDRAFT&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=HedNXfBayuWxdPer7COiCJBd39KxvJQIgCaiDYF2Tm8&m=FUqRdZP00BQpqcG4ui5-2ICiciLO_UWEtz89i6qu2oM&s=wHOeSu4OJG-P7FzTdsoOymyHDKigCCy7jqGEGv_rySs&e=
  Heidi Ullrich:They should be after an ICANN Meeting and discuss what was achieved at the ICANN meeting
  Evin Erdogdu:Yubelkys Montalvo  (HET)  NARALO Trip Proposal 2 DRAFT: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_soaceoutreach_NARALO-2BTrip-2BProposal-2B2-2BDRAFT&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=HedNXfBayuWxdPer7COiCJBd39KxvJQIgCaiDYF2Tm8&m=FUqRdZP00BQpqcG4ui5-2ICiciLO_UWEtz89i6qu2oM&s=Dh_h1NzthCGRS-9kRPQwugQbcmyyt2CejCwFN3UfypE&e=
  Susannah Gray (SFBay ISOC):For the readout we did a webinar to minimize organization on our side and also becuase it's really hard to get people to move around: we thought having them call in during their lunch hour would be better. 
  Joly MacFie:Joe coughed up for room and refreshments.
  Alan Greenberg:Are we talking about CROP funding here??
  judith hellerstein:@alan yes we are
  Glenn McKnight 2:Yes
  Susannah Gray (SFBay ISOC):I'm confused: who votes on who gets crop funding 
  Susannah Gray (SFBay ISOC):Glenn my hand is still up: quick comment 
  judith hellerstein:no we want to get the membership ideas on it
  Susannah Gray (SFBay ISOC):<not on CROP subject> 
  Glenn McKnight 2:one sec  Susannah
  Yubelkys Montalvo:sorry, but my signal is week
  judith hellerstein:can you post your comments into the chat
  Susannah Gray (SFBay ISOC):no problem Glenn: just a quick comment on the read out
  Susannah Gray (SFBay ISOC):yes please wait  until the end. 
  Yubelkys Montalvo:I am in my celular
  Yubelkys Montalvo:thanks
  Eduardo Diaz:Thanks for the call
  Yubelkys Montalvo:bye everyone 
  Eve Edelson:thanks all bye
  Susannah Gray (SFBay ISOC):thank you! 
  Javier Rua Jovet:bye
  Glenn McKnight 2:bye
  Louis Houle:Thanks LL and have a nice day

  • No labels