Julia Charvolen:Welcome to the LACRALO Governance Working Group call on Monday 27 January 2014 at 2300 UTC
  Julia Charvolen:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/7QG6Ag
  Oscar Garcia:hello Everyone
  jose:Hola a todos
  Oscar Garcia:hola Jose
  Aída Noblia:Hola a todos
  Raul Bauer:hola a todos
  Oscar Garcia:hola Raul
  Leon Sanchez:Hola a tod@s
  vanda:hola a todos! feliz año!
  Aída Noblia:Feliz Año Vanda!!
  Silvia Vivanco:Hola a todos
  vanda:happy new year to all
  Oscar Garcia:oi vanda !
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:hello everyone
  vanda:ola Oscar! como le vá?
  Silvia Vivanco:Hello Dev and Carlton  in EN welcome to the call
  Carlton Samuels:Howdy all.
  Oscar Garcia:tudo bem obrigado, e vc?
  Fatima Cambronero:hola a todos/hello everyone
  vanda:tudo muito bem graças a Deus.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:From the last call : So,  good  governance  has  eight  major characteristics.  It  is  participatory,  consensus‐oriented,  accountable, transparent, responsive, effective and efficient, equitable and inclusive, and follows the rules of law. It assures that corruption is minimized, the views of minorities are taken into account, and that the voices of the most  vulnerable  in  society  are  heard  in  decision‐making.  It  is  also responsive to the present and future needs of society.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:The defintion was from http://www.unescap.org/pdd/prs/ProjectActivities/Ongoing/gg/governance.asp
  Oscar Garcia:si perfecto
  vanda:cortando mucho!
  Aída Noblia:De acuerdo con que sea un principio del que se deriven otros conceptos y acciones
  Leon Sanchez:Concuerdo con la definición y estoy de acuerdo en adoptarla
  vanda:estoy de acuerdo y como todos estan vamos en frente
  Silvia Vivanco:creo que vanda no puede  hablar
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Transcript from the last call : https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/43988443/20131223_LACRALOGovernance_Spanish.pdf  ; https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/43988443/20131223_LACRALOGovernance_English.pdf
  Carlton Samuels:Question?  Is anyone questioning the characteristics or attributes of good governance described in the definition?
  Carlton Samuels:WHich ones do you think we fail?
  Fatima Cambronero:hi @Carlton, we agree with that definition, there is not questioning
  Fatima Cambronero:are you agree with that definition?
  Carlton Samuels:@Fatima: Yes indeed.
  Carlton Samuels:I'm now interested in which characteristics we think are lacking in our governance arrangements?
  Fatima Cambronero:good exercise @Carlton
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:w.r.t i don;t think there is anything in the ALAC RoP that neccistates a change in our RoP
  Oscar Garcia:adelante jose
  vanda: agree with Fatima que debemos identificar las reglas que queremos. aprovechar lo que ya fue hecho y seguir
  vanda:hay tiempo.
  Julia Charvolen:@ Vanda we cannot hear you, would you like for us to dial out to you?
  vanda:creo que si, vamos a dividir nuestro grupo y trabajar en estos dos puntos
  vanda:que levanta fátima.
  vanda:my suggestion is divide our group into two points fatima just raised and go ahead.
  Carlton Samuels:@Jose: +1 We need not lose the work that has gone before. It is important to ensure the Operating Principles are aligned with the ALAC's and the RoP of LACRALO align with the characteristics of Good Governance
  vanda:I agree with Carlton but if we divide into two groups will be easy to debate such discussion.
  Carlton Samuels:@Dev: +1
  Oscar Garcia:I agree with Carlton
  Fatima Cambronero:exactly @Carlton, good governance is a principle that should govern all procedure rules and statutes and amendments that we will propose
  vanda:I beleive the ALAC principles we shall follow. below these principles we will need to adjust our rules to these new principles and our bylaws will ,as consequence, be re written to ajust to the new points..
  Carlton Samuels:@Vanda: +1, that is the approach we should take
  vanda:I agree
  vanda:with Jose
  Carlton Samuels:@Jose: I support every attempt to create rules of procedure that are fit for purpose and in keeping with our common sense understanding of the characteristics of  Good Governance.
  Raul Bauer:de acuerdo jose
  Aída Noblia:De acuerdo con Vanda, Carlton y la propuesta de José
  Carlton Samuels:@Fatima: I am very concerned about adopting metrics in the RoP. I will support a full and frank discussion of metrics within the framework of the ALAC's set of metrics.
  Fatima Cambronero:@CArlton, I am sharing with you my concerns about metrics. I don't have the correct solution or answer
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Perhaps the intent should be before even adopting metrics in the RoP, is to document some metrics for LACRALO members
  Leon Sanchez:+1 @Dev
  Julia Charvolen:@ interpreters we cannot hear you on English channel
  Julia Charvolen:You are back
  Fatima Cambronero:@Carlton, I'm not saying that should be included in the RoP. I do not know where they should be included
  Silvia Vivanco:FYI, as you know there is a discussion going on at the ALAC level on metrics: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ALAC+Could+do+workspace+-+ALAC+Metrics+-+discussion?focusedCommentId=43986769#comment-43986769
  vanda:yes, Silvia, good post
  Silvia Vivanco:All the RALOs have dicussed it and have put forward opinions about metrics
  Fatima Cambronero:yo tampoco
  Silvia Vivanco:we cannot hear in ES
  Leon Sanchez:yo tampoco escucho
  Oscar Garcia:yo te escucho Jose
  Leon Sanchez:@Carlton we are note hearing to yo
  Leon Sanchez:you
  Oscar Garcia:Carlton we are not hearing you
  vanda:verdad esta dificil escuchar..
  Carlton Samuels:@Fatima: My reference was not to attribute metrics in the RoP to you. I'm saying I have a serious concern about the metrics adopted and I will tell you why.  I
  Fatima Cambronero:ok @Carlton, thanks
  Silvia Vivanco:disculpas por la dificultad de interpretacion
  Julia Charvolen:@ Raul - We are dialing back to you
  Raul Bauer:Julia ... I'm having local problems with my phone line
  Raul Bauer:I'll continue on adobe
  Raul Bauer:Thanks
  Julia Charvolen:Noted, thank you
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:++1 Carlton
  Raul Bauer:Fully agree with Carlton
  vanda:+ 1 carlton
  Leon Sanchez:+1  los no +1 :P
  jose:lol
  vanda:competamente de acuerdo con fatima!
  vanda:pido disculpas por mi coneccion no estar adecuada.
  Carlton Samuels:@Jose: Objective metrics!  Exactly. +1
  vanda:I beleive if some of us will be in Singapore we can organize a meeting about this discussion with some work done till that time.
  Silvia Vivanco:por ahora solo una al mes
  Silvia Vivanco:pero por supuesto podemos poner otra en el calendario
  vanda:Yo me ofrezo a trabajar en principles
  Silvia Vivanco:si asi lo desean solo nos avisan
  Leon Sanchez:Yo me sumo al sub rupo de métricas
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I volunteer to help contribute
  vanda:Yo me ofrezo a trabajar en principles
  Fatima Cambronero:principios operativos José?
  Fatima Cambronero:perdón no entendí
  Fatima Cambronero:porque se me cayó la conexión :(
  vanda:I guess principles related to ALAC principles to adjust with ours
  Carlton Samuels:Let's look at the metrics first and test drive the ones we think are useful
  Carlton Samuels:For RoP changes to be adopted they must align with the ALAC Operating Principles and conform with our colelctive understanding of good governance.
  Carlton Samuels:We are agreed on the characteristics of Good Governance.  We must be careful to ensure the attributes of any RoP align closely to those charatceristics
  vanda:@calrton + 1
  vanda:again I am offering myself to work on principles with any other colleague.
  Leon Sanchez:Tal vez haya que llevar a cabo dos pasos. Uno en que se analice si las reglas de procedimiento están alineadas con losprincipios y en caso de qu eno sea así, proponer los cambios que correspondan. Por lo tanto, me parece que por ahora un sólo grupo podría ser suficiente para estos efectos
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Something that is straightforward is to harmonise the language versions of the RoP
  Fatima Cambronero:https://community.icann.org/display/LACRALO/Draft+Modifications+to+the+LACRALO+Operating+Principles+2010+-+Highlighted+Changes Changes proposed
  Fatima Cambronero:in 2010
  Oscar Garcia:comenta de este material por favor fatima
  Silvia Vivanco:and when would be the next? in 2 weeks?
  Fatima Cambronero:yo me ofrezco para el sub grupos de Principios Operativos
  vanda:sigamos con los grupos trabajando por correo hasta que tengamos un borrador ai si hacemos un call
  Carlton Samuels:Do bite sizes then we harmonize a th end
  vanda:creo que si, me aprece muy bueno.
  Carlton Samuels:@Speaker: No reason to throw out what has already been done. Use it as baseline and make sure it is contextual as we have agreed.
  Oscar Garcia:gracias Fatima voy a leer este material y te envio mis comentarios
  Fatima Cambronero:es lo mismo que dije yo
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I'll contribute to the RoP
  Carlton Samuels:Set 1 month and have a reality check at the next teleconference
  Silvia Vivanco:If you require staff support for an Ad-Hoc call just let us know 1 week in advance to schedule
  Fatima Cambronero:no, Principios Operativos yo
  Fatima Cambronero:José, I am offering to Operating Principles
  Carlton Samuels:I will contribute as necessary at analysis stage. I'm also heavily engaged with several initiatives now
  vanda:reglas son leon y Arce?
  Aída Noblia:De acuerdo con Carlton y J uan Manuel y demás grupos
  Silvia Vivanco:Anotado
  Silvia Vivanco:Action Items and next steps to be sent shortly
  Carlton Samuels:Was Aida participating?  I would love to see her for the RoP grouping
  vanda:agradecemos los interpretes por su dedicacion y a Silvia por su trabajo. abrazos a todos!
  Carlton Samuels:@Aida: great!  Missed it
  Aída Noblia:Saludos a todos
  Silvia Vivanco:Gracias a todos
  Fatima Cambronero:gracias Silvia, todos
  Carlton Samuels:Thanks everybody
  Oscar Garcia:gracias a todos muchos saludos
  Silvia Vivanco:Next call 1 hour and 1/2
  Silvia Vivanco:noted
  Julia Charvolen:Thank you
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:thanks everyone ; take care all
  Fatima Cambronero:thanks, bye
  Leon Sanchez:thanks to all