CLO:Hi all
  Seth Greene:Hi, Cheryl.
  Heidi Ullrich:Hi Everyone!
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:hello
  Heidi Ullrich:The agenda for today's Tasforce call is available at: https://community.icann.org/display/Improve/At-Large+Improvements+Project+Taskforce+12-12-2011
  Christina-ICANN:Hello Everyone
  Dave Kissoondoyal:Hello all
  Heidi Ullrich:Hi Dave, welcome! Sorry I declined your request to join the AC the first time!
  Heidi Ullrich:I was too quick!
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:awaiting dial-out
  Dave Kissoondoyal:Strange my request to enter the adobe room was declined for the first time and on my second attempt i was let in
  Heidi Ullrich:Yes, that was my mistake, Dave. Sorry!
  Dave Kissoondoyal:no worries Heidi..thanks a lot
  CLO:LOL   NO  dave we DO want yiu
  CLO:Dial Out?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:still waiting....
  Heidi Ullrich:we've asked Adigo, Olivier
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:now that I've just reached home, I might as well dial in
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello everyone!
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Greetings from Fiji!
  Heidi Ullrich:Hi Sala!
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Hi Heidi!
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Hi Natalia!
  Natalia Enciso:Hi!
  Natalia Enciso:Have you started? I dont have audio
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:It has not started yet
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:oh - they've just called me.
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:but I'm hearing smoe really weird dialogue
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:like someone speaking into a really bad quality walkie talkie
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:same
  Heidi Ullrich:We're working on improving CLO's line
  Heidi Ullrich:Natalia, you may wish to join the EN channel
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I can't understand a thing.
  Heidi Ullrich:Adigo will call her when she is finished speaking
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:maybe if my line is muted it may help
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Heidi's voice is very clear
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:yes Heidi's voice is really clear
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:yes
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:yes
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:https://community.icann.org/display/Improve/Project+Taskforce+05-12-2011+Action+Items-+EN
  Heidi Ullrich:Action items: https://community.icann.org/display/Improve/Project+Taskforce+05-12-2011+Action+Items-+EN
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Dev!
  Natalia Enciso:now I am listening, thanks Heidi
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Screen is not moving
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Draft text for calendar wiki page : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F4jepR9wuWiONvF_hnkgkuQU5S58F02_33ww57uatRk/edit
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:is someone supposed to be scrolling
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Cheryl is clear
  CLO:I thought I WAS  oinline  again  
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Yes I heard you commenting and it was clear
  Heidi Ullrich:I believe you were, Cheryl. And much clearer
  Natalia Enciso:today is 12th
  CLO:I woinder if Tijani  can also hear me?
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Tijani?
  Dave Kissoondoyal:i can hardly listen to Tijani
  Natalia Enciso:group
  Heidi Ullrich:Affirmation 1: Yjro's suggestion to not establish the WG that will ensure all At-Large information already available is organized properly until after the completion of the ICANN website revamp tol be affirmed formally during the next call scheduled on 12 December 2011.
  Heidi Ullrich:Affirmation 2: Dev's suggestion of the creation of a small Workspace to monitor the status of changes on ICANN's website revamp  to be affirmed formally during the next call scheduled for 12 December with establishment of a small sub-team to lead on early space drafting, etc.
  Tijani:I first stopped hearing anything
  Natalia Enciso:no
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Where is the Agenda? Is it the one being screened?
  Tijani:and now, I'm dropped
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I see
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:agenda : https://community.icann.org/display/Improve/At-Large+Improvements+Project+Taskforce+12-12-2011
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:thanks
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:or in shorthand: https://community.icann.org/x/H4DbAQ
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Yes just went through the Agenda, thanks
  Heidi Ullrich:Staff, I'll scroll - thanks!
  Heidi Ullrich:Link to the At-Large ICANN Academy: https://community.icann.org/display/Improve/At-Large+ICANN+Academy+Ad-Hoc+Working+Group
  Heidi Ullrich:Welcome, Darlene!
  Darlene Thompson:You have my humblest of apologies for being late.  At home sick.  Forgot about the whole meeting.  Thank GOODNESS for Heidi for reminding me!
  Gisella Gruber-White:Tijani just dropped
  Tijani:no
  Tijani:I'm on the bridge
  Tijani:but u don't hear me
  Tijani:I can't unmute
  Heidi Ullrich:Hope you get better soon, Darlene!
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I had signed up for the WG
  Heidi Ullrich:Indeed, Sala. You are a member :)
  Darlene Thompson:Agreed with CLO
  Natalia Enciso:can you call me back, please?
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:thanks CLO
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:don't worry Natalia, they are calling you again
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Natalia - we are dialling back to you
  Natalia Enciso:thanks
  Heidi Ullrich:Academy Leadership: Selection of WG Leadership:     Sandra as chair.     Programme committee to consist of a regionally balanced group consisting of:     Tijani (AFRALO)    Sala (APRALO)    Avri (EURALO/NARALO)    Carlos (LACRALO)    This set up gained wide support on the call.     The Chair may delegate a co-chair or acting Chair as required.
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:This is awesome
  Natalia Enciso:I`m back, thanks
  Darlene Thompson:I would also like to see the materials/programme that AFRALO used to be provided to the other regions.
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:it will mean that there will be more productivity on the wiki space on a host of issues because it will be a catalyst for learning
  Darlene Thompson:NARALO has  a meeting coming up and we would like to take advantage of these materials.
  Heidi Ullrich:Tijani has just sent the final AFRALO Dakar Events program report. We could link the report to the wiki page under the relevant area.
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:yes, it will be good to have it available globally
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Indeed, Darlene and Sala
  CLO:Excellent  =>  good to know  Heidi  THANKS  Tijani!
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Oops I think they were referring to the training in situ as opposed to remote
  Darlene Thompson:Yes Sala
  CLO:Actually  Sala  THAT is where we could head our discussion next
  Darlene Thompson:NARALO could probably pull it off more cheaply than other regions, just because we are more condensed.
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Yes I am hoping that we can encourage in situ around the year training, it's cost effective, impacting and sustainable
  CLO:Indeed @ Darlene
  CLO:Sala  I would  like to get you to speak to that proposal  now please...
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:sure CLO
  CLO:it is an important part of  OUR (this TF's)  discussions  and ability  to move  it from  ONGOING  where it is noe  to Completed
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Capacity building should be at the CENTRE of ICANN's concerns
  CLO:Indeed  OCL
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:and at the moment, in my opinion, it is not. And this is why ICANN is receiving so much criticism re: the new gTLD program
  Heidi Ullrich:Having the documents associated with the Academy and the RALO Events activities could assist in the on-going nature of this Engagement Program
  Heidi Ullrich:Sala, you mentioned "hyper-texting"? Is that correct?
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:yes
  CLO:Indeed @Heidi  as will  more onlline  (in situ)  work also aids...   We may in fact end up with an online  / F2F  hybrid
  Heidi Ullrich:thanks. Sala.
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:I was saying that the At Large and ICANN community combined have enough expertise to design a remote learning mechanism that has hypertexting capabilities
  CLO:This is of course a odel used  by many post grad  online  courses  ( MBS'a  etc.,)
  Heidi Ullrich:@CLO - that is a very interesting concept (hybrid) that the TF may wish to explore.
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:remote and elearning will be a catalyst for participation within the At Large etc
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:it is cost effective and very sustainable
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:and can feed into the ICANN meetings eventually
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:because the nature of our membership is global and it makes sense to use the internet for this purpose
  Heidi Ullrich:Such a program could also be used for the Fellows and Newcomers...
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:yes Heidi and whoever else wants to sign up
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Kept separate although they are related
  Natalia Enciso:how long will the course lat?
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:that will be up to all of us and the curriculum development
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:team
  Darlene Thompson:My question would be:  who are the audiences?  I had thought that the Academy was for new ALAC members.  Whereas, the ALS year-round education is different.  Or is it?
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Yes Darlene, Tijani and then Sala
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:you're absolutely correct
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:so would the curriculum have core similarities but different audiences?
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:yes, olivier
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I think si
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:si = so
  Heidi Ullrich:The curriculum should be made available in EN, ES and FR at a minimum if not the UN6
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:You can have Spanish Modules, English Modules etc
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:with trained tutors eyc
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:etc
  CLO:Agreed Heidi   the UN6 is preferable though...  BUT  also needs to be  translatable into local languages  as required  wothin the RALO's / ALSes
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:It will mean setting the curriculum
  Darlene Thompson:Brilliant idea, Natalia!
  Natalia Enciso:Thanks Darlene :)
  Darlene Thompson::)
  CLO:https://community.icann.org/display/Improve/Recommendation+4
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:the question arises as to the long term sustainability - having a in-situ capacity building excercises similiar to AFRALO events in Dakar is needed for all other RALOs, but the material recorded from these events (audio, video, transcripts) could then be used for RALO education/engagement for new ALS members joining the RALO
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Yes, we will comment on the wiki
  Darlene Thompson:Great idea Dev
  Darlene Thompson:That's fair, Cheryl
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Thanks CLO
  Darlene Thompson:Bye!
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Thanks everyone and see you on the wiki
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Thanks Cheryl
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:Have a great day
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro:My day is just starting
  Natalia Enciso:thanks, see you next monday
  Dave Kissoondoyal:Bye to all
  Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro::)
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Bye everyone! Take care
  Natalia Enciso:bye bye
  CLO:Can we make sure we caprture the chat contents  from this call please...
  CLO:Also  I would like to try for next week the  use of the AC room as an alternate  bridge  bith  speaker out (for the record)  AND  'coonect speakers  via  compouter option...  
  CLO:Yes  I have  raised this before
  CLO: Nye  for now!
  CLO:BYE  for now  I meant  LOL

• No labels