At-Large Improvements Project Taskforce 30 January 2012
Date: Monday 30 January 2012
Time: 17:00 UTC - 18:00 UTC (for the time in various timezones click here)
Meeting Number: AL.gTLD/MT.112/1
How can I participate in this meeting? Important - pass code 3535
Who is on the dial-out list for this call?
Action Items: EN
Summary Minutes: EN
AC Chat Transcript: EN
Adobe Connect Meeting Room: http://icann.adobeconnect.com/atlargeimprovementsprojecttaskforce/
Attendees: Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Sergio Salinas Porto, Yrjo Lansipuro, Olivier Crepin Leblond, Titi (end of the call)
Apology: Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Natalia Enciso, Sala Tamanikaiwaimaro, Beau Brendler
Staff: Seth Greene, Matt Ashtiani, Gisella Gruber, Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco
- A G E N D A - Draft
Welcome & Attendance (5 min... CLO/Staff)
Brief Review of 'The Story So Far' (5-10 min... CLO/Staff)
- Review of Summary Minutes and the Action Items from last (7th) meeting held on 23-Jan-2012.
- At the 7th AII-TF Meeting we continued our review and status / next steps allocations each of the ALAC Review Recommendations in numerical order; as detailed in the Summary Minutes linked above, we have completed our review and status allocations of the implementation recommendations from WT B Sec 4 of the Taskforce Project Tables.
- We will continue in this 8th meeting with items listed with reference to Recommendation 5 : Strategic and Operational Plans - "...The ALAC should develop strategic and operational planning processes (including performance criteria and cost information) as part of ICANN’s planning process...." from Work Team C => line item 5 with issues related to "...Articulate ALAC’s and At-Large’s vision and mission.. ... " Please see for additional reference on this part of our work the WT-C Portal page
Reference: Abridged Table of Recommendations and Action Items and Key References: ALAC/At-Large Improvements Implementation Project Plan - 7 June 2010 and ALAC/At-Large Improvements Project Milestone Report - 9 October 2011
Discussion/Review of Tasks and Recommendations Status (40 min... CLO / AII-TF)
- Report from ICANN Staff Correspondence relevant to our task reporting to SIC, and upcoming meeting in Costa Rica - Heidi Ulrich to Update
- Continuation of Discussion and Assignment of STATUS for the Recommendations FROM Rec 5... (Brief Review only using the Full TF Table as well as record (later) on the 'Recs Wiki pages' listed under Resources below)
Note (to Wiki page and Table) any required next steps for completion where required and discussion of next steps and Action Items for next meeting with regards to each. (this task will possibly run over several meetings).
Resources: the AII-TF will use existing Work Team pages dedicated to each of the At-Large Improvements Review 13 recommendations (as endorsed by the ICANN Board in June 2009). (click links to parent Wiki pages *** below); Each page contains a summary of the specific work underway in the implementation of that recommendation. Specifically, the following is listed:
- A summary of the recommendation itself (as stated in the Final Report);
- A summary of the steps or tasks planned for implementing the recommendation; and
- The Status COMPLETED / ONGOING/ PENDING / REDUNDANT or a Target Completion DATE for the recommendation as a whole to be implemented.
In addition, on these pages, visitors can leave comments regarding the implementation of any one of the recommendations.
Finally, each of these pages will link, as needed, to tailored pages that each work team can use in conducting its actual ongoing implementation work (for example, some will link to pages used to collect specific information requested from the At-Large community).
*** Following are direct links to the individual wiki page for each recommendation:
Recommendation 1: ICANN bylaws to reflect ALAC's continuing purpose
Recommendation 2: At-Large-selected ICANN Board member
Recommendation 3: ALS-RALO-ALAC structure to remain
Recommendation 4: ALS education and engagement
Recommendation 5: Strategic and operational plans
Recommendation 6: Accurate cost models
Recommendation 7: Choice of communication and collaborative tools
Recommendation 8: Public comment period
Recommendation 9: Translation and interpretation processes
Recommendation 10: ALAC/At-Large is home of individual Internet users
Recommendation 11: Board statement recognizing Rec. 10
Recommendation 12: Input from consumer representatives
Recommendation 13: Policy advice mechanisms to be strengthened