Welcome to the 2019-2021 EURALO Board Workspace! Due to the timing of the IGF 2019 in Berlin, the EURALO Board Elections are slightly delayed.
Please note the current Board will remain in place until the new Board is elected.
Call for nominations:
The current EURALO Board term ends on 9 December 2019. EURALO's Chair and Secretariat would like to announce a call for nominations to fill Board positions for the next 2 years (10 December 2019 – 9 December 2021). This call is made in accordance with the EURALO Articles of Association and Selection and performance criteria for EURALO Board members 2015. In addition, there is a need to for Board members as a whole to share responsibilities with the EURALO Chair and Secretariat in assuming the following topics:
- Legal issues
- Policy Development
- Communication including leading the work on the EURALO website/WIKI/Facebook page.
- Outreach with communities outside ICANN
Please note the rules and agreements applicable to this election at: http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/euro-discuss/2015-November/004161.html. In accordance with these agreements, kindly note:
- The size of the EURALO Board will be 3-7 members, plus ex-officio, the EURALO Chair and EURALO Secretary;
- There should be a maximum limit of 1 Board member per country;
- As is the usual custom in votes involving people, votes will take place by secret ballot;
- The Board will be selected for a two-years-term; and as a novelty: not performing Board members can be recalled after one year to allow to be replaced by better candidates.
The EURALO Board should be balanced but EURALO has not reached a consensus on having direct absolute criteria for geographical (East/Western Europe) or gender criteria. As geographical and gender balance are important in our region, I ask you to consider these issues when making your selection.
Please submit your nominations and self-nominations starting Monday 9 December until Friday 13 December 23:59 UTC by sending an email to the EURALO mailing list and copying At-Large staff email@example.com . All candidates who accept their nominations by the deadline above must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI). To read the Expression of Interest Statements from Board members please visit: https://community.icann.org/x/fgxyB
Vote to start on Monday 16 December at 23:59 UTC until Firday 20 December 2019 at 23:59 UTC.
Country of Origin/
Country of Residence
|Expression of Interest|
|Yrjö Länsipuro||GAC Liaison|
|Olivier Crépin-Leblond||Ex Chair|
|Roberto Gaetano||Chair Individual Users|