EURALO May 2012 Teleconference
Date: Tuesday 22 May 2012
Time: 18:00 - 19:00 UTC For the time in various timezones click here
Meeting Number: AL.EU/CC.0312/1
How can I participate in this meeting?
Who is on the dial out list for this meeting?
Adobe room: http://icann.adobeconnect.com/euralo
Participants : Wolf Ludwig, Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Adela Danciu, Yuliya Morenets, Vladimir Kukovsky, Siranush Vardanyan, Rudi Vansnick, Sandra Hoferichter, Yrjo Lansipuro, Avri Doria
Apologies: Oksana Prykhodko, Bill Drake, Christopher Wilkinson
Staff: Gisella Gruber, Silvia Vivanco, Matt Ashtiani, Heidi Ullrich
Action Items: EURALO Action Items 22 May 2012
Summary Minutes: EURALO Summary Minutes 22 May 2012
Transcript: EURALO Transcript 22 May 2012
Adobe Connect Chat:EURALO AC Chat 22 May 2012
Adobe Connect Chatroom: http://icann.adobeconnect.com/euralo
1. Roll Call and apologies
2. Review of the Action Items from the 24 April 2012 call (2 mins)
3. Briefing on current ALAC consultations and initiatives / Materials for public comments (OCL 10 min.)
a. Recently approved ALAC Statements:
i. .com Registry Agreement Renewal
ii. ALAC Statement on the Security, Stability & Resiliency of the DNS Review Team (SSR RT)
iii. ALAC Statement on the Verisign Request to Implement Redemption Grace Period (RGP) for .name
iv. ALAC Statement on the Fake Renewal Notices Report
v. At-Large Draft Advice Letter on Consumer Trust, Consumer Choice, and Competition
vi. IDN Variant Issues Project – Proposed Project Plan for Next Steps
b. Statements currently being reviewed by the ALAC
i. ICANN Draft FY13 Operating Plan and Budget - Comment closes 24 May. TBJ drafting statement.
ii. WHOIS Policy Review Team Final Report - Comment period closes 10 June 2012 - CS asked that the ALAC endorse the Final Report. CS will prepare a draft statement.
iii. DRAFT Statement of ICANN's Role and Remit in Security, Stability and Resiliency of the Internet's Unique Identifier Systems - Comment period closes 16 June 2012 - CLO suggested a short statement should be prepared. Suggested that J. Hammer prepare report.
iv. DRAFT - ICANN Language Services Policy and Procedures - Comment period closes 2 July 2012 - CLO - ALAC should prepare a statement.
c. Current open policy forums:
During the ALAC call on 22 May, the ALAC will discuss whether they wish to develop statements for the following Public Comments:
i. Proposed Revised Process for Handling Requests for Removal of Cross-Ownership Restrictions on Operators of Existing gTLDs - Comment period closes 6 June 2012 - AG will provide a recommendation on whether or not to prepare a statement in one week.
4. ALS applications - Update (Staff 3 min.)
a. Recently approved ALS applications
i. (162) Wikimedia Austria
ii. (164) Media Education Center, NGO
b. Organizations that are Currently undergoing the Accreditation Process
i. (158) ASOCIACIÓN DE ESCRIBANOS DEL URUGUAY\ - Awaiting Regional Advice from LACRALO
ii. (159) National Association for Digital Inclusion (Associação Nacional para Inclusão Digital) - Awaiting Regional Advice from LACRALO
iii. (166) [Association Tchadienne pour la Promotion et de Développement de l'Internet au Tchad (ATPDIT) - Awaiting Regional Advice from AFRALO
See: At-Large Structure Applications and Certification Process
5. Briefing on ICANN Academy WG process -- latest updates (Sandra 5 min.)
6. EuroDIG prep. process -- program outline, registration (Sandra and Wolf 5 min.)
7. EURALO planning 2012 -- continued discussion (Wolf and all) (20 min.)
- preparation for next EURALO GA, 13 June in Stockholm in-line with / eve of EuroDIG 2012 – briefing on updates
- final prep. meeting and dinner (Yrjö, Olivier and others) after the GA for the Prague event
- ALAC Anniversary party at the ICANN 44 meeting in June in Prague (concept, timing, participation etc. -- see draft)EURALO_Prague44_ planning.docx|^EURALO_Prague44_ planning.docx||\^ALAC-Birthday_slides_Prague44.docx||\
- EURALO monthly meeting (to be discussed and planned)
See: EURALO Regional Events page
See: EURALO Secretariat Monthly Reports