EURALO May 2012 Teleconference
Date: Tuesday 22 May 2012
Time: 18:00 - 19:00 UTC For the time in various timezones click here
Meeting Number: AL.EU/CC.0312/1
Adobe room: http://icann.adobeconnect.com/euralo
Participants : Wolf Ludwig, Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Adela Danciu, Yuliya Morenets, Vladimir Kukovsky, Siranush Vardanyan, Rudi Vansnick, Sandra Hoferichter, Yrjo Lansipuro, Avri Doria
Apologies: Oksana Prykhodko, Bill Drake, Christopher Wilkinson
Staff: Gisella Gruber, Silvia Vivanco, Matt Ashtiani, Heidi Ullrich
Action Items: EURALO Action Items 22 May 2012
Summary Minutes: EURALO Summary Minutes 22 May 2012
Transcript: EURALO Transcript 22 May 2012
Adobe Connect Chat:EURALO AC Chat 22 May 2012
Adobe Connect Chatroom: http://icann.adobeconnect.com/euralo
1. Roll Call and apologies
2. Review of the Action Items from the 24 April 2012 call (2 mins)
3. Briefing on current ALAC consultations and initiatives / Materials for public comments (OCL 10 min.)
a. Recently approved ALAC Statements:
b. Statements currently being reviewed by the ALAC
i. ICANN Draft FY13 Operating Plan and Budget - Comment closes 24 May. TBJ drafting statement.
ii. WHOIS Policy Review Team Final Report - Comment period closes 10 June 2012 - CS asked that the ALAC endorse the Final Report. CS will prepare a draft statement.
iii. DRAFT Statement of ICANN's Role and Remit in Security, Stability and Resiliency of the Internet's Unique Identifier Systems - Comment period closes 16 June 2012 - CLO suggested a short statement should be prepared. Suggested that J. Hammer prepare report.
iv. DRAFT - ICANN Language Services Policy and Procedures - Comment period closes 2 July 2012 - CLO - ALAC should prepare a statement.
c. Current open policy forums:
During the ALAC call on 22 May, the ALAC will discuss whether they wish to develop statements for the following Public Comments:
i. Proposed Revised Process for Handling Requests for Removal of Cross-Ownership Restrictions on Operators of Existing gTLDs - Comment period closes 6 June 2012 - AG will provide a recommendation on whether or not to prepare a statement in one week.
4. ALS applications - Update (Staff 3 min.)
a. Recently approved ALS applications
i. (162) Wikimedia Austria
ii. (164) Media Education Center, NGO
b. Organizations that are Currently undergoing the Accreditation Process
i. (158) ASOCIACIÓN DE ESCRIBANOS DEL URUGUAY\ - Awaiting Regional Advice from LACRALO
ii. (159) National Association for Digital Inclusion (Associação Nacional para Inclusão Digital) - Awaiting Regional Advice from LACRALO
iii. (166) [Association Tchadienne pour la Promotion et de Développement de l'Internet au Tchad (ATPDIT) - Awaiting Regional Advice from AFRALO
5. Briefing on ICANN Academy WG process -- latest updates (Sandra 5 min.)
6. EuroDIG prep. process -- program outline, registration (Sandra and Wolf 5 min.)
7. EURALO planning 2012 -- continued discussion (Wolf and all) (20 min.)
- preparation for next EURALO GA, 13 June in Stockholm in-line with / eve of EuroDIG 2012 – briefing on updates
- final prep. meeting and dinner (Yrjö, Olivier and others) after the GA for the Prague event
- ALAC Anniversary party at the ICANN 44 meeting in June in Prague (concept, timing, participation etc. -- see draft)EURALO_Prague44_ planning.docx|^EURALO_Prague44_ planning.docx||\^ALAC-Birthday_slides_Prague44.docx||\
- EURALO monthly meeting (to be discussed and planned)