EURALO February 2012 Teleconference
Date: Tuesday 21 February 2012
Time: 19:00 - 20:00 UTC For the time in various timezones click here
Meeting Number: AL.EU/CC.0212/1
Please note the new Adobe Connect room to be used from this teleconference onwards: http://icann.adobeconnect.com/euralo
Participants: Yuliya Morenets, Wolf Ludwig, Adela Danciu, Siranush Vardanyan, Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Christopher Wilkinson, Yrjo Lansipuro, Rudi Vansnick, Sandra Hoferichter, Sebastien Bachollet, Lutz Donnerhacke
Apologies: Bill Drake, Annette Muehlberg
Staff: Gisella Gruber, Silvia Vivanco, Heidi Ullrich, Matt Ashtiani
Action Items: EURALO Action Items 21 February 2012
Summary Minutes: EURALO Summary Minutes 21 February 2012
Transcript: EURALO Transcript 21 February 2012
Adobe Connect Chat:EURALO AC Chat 21 February 2012
Adobe Connect Chatroom: http://icann.adobeconnect.com/euralo
1. Roll Call and apologies
2. Review of the Action Items from the 17 January 2012 call (2 mins)
3. Briefing on current ALAC consultations and initiatives / Materials for public comments (OCL 10 min.)
b. Initial Report on Universal Acceptance of IDN TLDs - ALAC currently voting on draft statement.
c. Framework for the FY 13 Budget - At-Large comment period open through 23 February 2012.
d. Whois Policy Review Team Draft Report - Deadline: 18 March 2012.
4. ALS applications - Update (Oksana and Wolf 5 min.)
a. ALS application from Armenia (AMEC) and preference to join EURALO
b. Wikimedia Austria - Awaiting Regional Advice from EURALO
5. Briefing on ICANN Academy WG process (budget, curriculum) (Sandra 5 min.)
6. Summary from the EuroDIG prep. meetings in Stockholm and Geneva (Sandra and Wolf 5 min.)
7. Summary from the Safer Internet Day, 7 Feb. in Leipzig / Germany and IGF Open Cons. Geneva (Sandra 3 min.)
8. Planning for ICANN 43 meeting in Costa Rica (Staff and all 5 min.)
9. EURALO planning 2012 -- continued discussion (Wolf and all) (15 min.)
- next EURALO GA, June in Stockholm in-line with EuroDIG 2012?
- EuroSSIG in July in Meissen/Germany.
- ICANN-Studienkreis 23-24 August in Oslo.
- other upcoming events and outreach opportunities (like re:publica beginning of May, Berlin etc.)