Yesim Nazlar: (1/31/2019 21:04) Welcome to the ATLAS III Programme Sub Group Call taking place on Thursday, 31 January 2019 at 18:30 UTC

Yesim Nazlar: (21:04) Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/eJwWBg

Dave Kissoondoyal: (21:27) hello all

Yesim Nazlar: (21:28) Hi Dave!

Heidi Ullrich: (21:30) 274 days to ATLAS III :)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (21:30) :-)

Alberto Soto: (21:32) Hello everyone!!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (21:34) we on;y had an hour so yes let's start

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (21:37) so Lots of PRE ATLASIII Programing as well :-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (21:37) Load the presentation now then OCL?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (21:38) Gremlins

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (21:39) acronyms are of course essential for work in ICANN ;-)

Hadia Elminiawi: (21:39) hello all

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (21:39) Hi Hadia

Beran Gillen: (21:39) Hello all

Hadia Elminiawi: (21:40) hello cheryl

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (21:40) Welcome Beran great to have you active in this team :-)

Beran Gillen: (21:41) thanks Cheryl

Beran Gillen: (21:41) great to be here :)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (21:41) :-)

Heidi Ullrich: (21:44) Assuming there will not be a list of 50 recommendations to follow up on..

Filina Natalia: (21:44) Hello everyone! Sorry for delay

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (21:45) Yes this is not a convocation with an aim to make a declaration or Comunique as outcome at the meeting unlike the previous ATLAS efforts

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (21:45) We are not too far into the Agenda @Natalia :-)

Heidi Ullrich: (21:45) @OCL, so an ATLAS III track of meetings?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (21:45) and this presentation will be uploaded to the Agenda page later for you to browse

Heidi Ullrich: (21:46) Thank you for the clarification, Olivier.

Heidi Ullrich: (21:49) @Olivier, will capacity building activities be the responsibilty of this group in collaboration with the At-Large Capacity Building WG?

Beran Gillen: (21:50) @Heidi you took the words right out of my mouth

Beran Gillen: (21:50) some form of coordination perhaps?

Heidi Ullrich: (21:50) @Beran ;)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (21:50) Personally I find a repackaging of webinars into a more refined tool within ICANN Learn an attractive idea

Heidi Ullrich: (21:51) @Also, please note a FY20 Additional Budget Request has been submitted for an At-Large Policy Advice Development course including webinars/ICANN learn course/f2f session at ATLAS III.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (21:51) this Group no doubt has the talent to aid in that and it has longevity inValue add

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (21:55) Yes I thought I'd made that point OCL

Nadira Al-Araj: (21:56) Thanks Cheryl, yes you did

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (21:56) and YES the links between the two Teams is *more* than essential

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (21:56) Many of you may for example end up as guides and Mentors theough the process... ( I hope so)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (21:57) and some of you will end up being mentored as well or in addition to passing on your support to others

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (21:59) INdeed OCL

Fouad Bajwa: (21:59) I believe we should first year out the program so far and then have a discussion around it

Fouad Bajwa: (21:59) not year but hear

Eduardo Diaz: (22:01) I am here now and staying

Monique Chartrand: (22:02) Holà Eduardo !

Fouad Bajwa: (22:03) I'm really happy to contribute!

Fouad Bajwa: (22:03) great group teams!

Heidi Ullrich: (22:03) It is useful to have the CPWG co-chairs leading the CP sub-group for ATLAS III.

Beran Gillen: (22:04) I am happy with the group I am in :)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:04) and as a backstop support person, I will be seen accross all these Groups (and I DO wish we would use the Term Sub Teams!)   if you notice me about

Lilian Ivette De Luque: (22:05) VERY WELL ARMED THE TEAMS OF THE WORKING GROUPS

Hadia Elminiawi: (22:05) I am fine with my group

Monique Chartrand: (22:05) No I think I'm only here

Monique Chartrand: (22:05) (-:

Monique Chartrand: (22:06) hhahah

Filina Natalia: (22:06) By the way, CB WG is much more big-) Some members missing here-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:06) Cloning perhaps ;-)

Ali AlMeshal: (22:06) more than happy to be on Capcity group

Fouad Bajwa: (22:06) I'm available in any group that would like to use my contributions

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:07) 7-8 in each group by my count

Lilian Ivette De Luque: (22:07) Me too Ali

Sebastien: (22:07) Can I ask that my name is wrien in French ;)

Sebastien: (22:07) Sebastien not Sebastan

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:07) and  FYI 7 is a perfect group dynamic number  if you cant have 9 or 11 ;-)

Dave Kissoondoyal: (22:07) @Fouad you are in Outcome Group with Nadira and Carlton as co-chairs

Lilian Ivette De Luque: (22:08) Sebastien in french sebastian in spanish :)

Fouad Bajwa: (22:08) @Dave yes!

Sebastien: (22:08) yes Lilian

Eduardo Diaz: (22:09) that is correct Cheryl

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:10) now the scary stuff

Ali AlMeshal: (22:10) great job Eduardo and Olivier

Dave Kissoondoyal: (22:10) Do each working Group have 10 members?

Glenn McKnight: (22:11) hi

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:11) much of this is driven by externally mandated deadlines as previously discussed  such as hard logistics

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:11) Hi Glenn

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:13) And the rooms at the venue as well as support requirements has had to already been set with the Meetings Team

Beran Gillen: (22:14) Very tight timelines I see

Hadia Elminiawi: (22:14) The ICANN learn courses that I have seen are extremely easy

Beran Gillen: (22:15) perhaps look at some of the onboarding documents to add to the curriculum as well

Heidi Ullrich: (22:15) @OCL - to clarify, there are two types of courses: 1) prerequesites needed to apply for travel support; and 2) additional learning for those going to ATLAS III, correct?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:16) certainly @Beran perhaps as resource materials  if they are essential then they should be converted to ICANN Learn units

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:16) I believe so @Heidi

Heidi Ullrich: (22:17) Thanks, CLO.

Glenn McKnight: (22:17) Clarification on participants.  Some of us have ALS's  and we are funded as officiers  .  Question can another  ALS member apply?

Beran Gillen: (22:17) but @ Heidi will the additional learning be MANDATORY  for Atlas 3 participants?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:18) Perhaps you can say HIGHLY recommended

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:19) pull their travel funding ;-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:19) I'm good at that OCL ;-)

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (22:19) hit them with a sharp ruler

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:20) There is No seat per ALS at all just 60 places

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:22) POint to reply to Glenn's question

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:22) part thereof

Glenn McKnight: (22:23) my first question

Glenn McKnight: (22:24) i realise that no guarantee

Glenn McKnight: (22:24) Just want clarification of other members  of a ALS that  are Active

Glenn McKnight: (22:26) That is good for clarification

Heidi Ullrich: (22:26) Also, individuals, correct?

Glenn McKnight: (22:26) individual of an ALS and individuals ( unaffiliated)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:27) Individual Members of RALOs as well Yes  but any nimber from an ALS or RALO can apply

Glenn McKnight: (22:27) My comment on the roadmap is important

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:27) in APAC we have some ALSes with large number of Members  Ues that capture issue will need to be considered BY those in the Selection business

Wale Bakare: (22:28) That's a constraint to look at as per your last comment, Olivier

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:28) SeB there are however room and facility logistics that limit the onsite participation

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:29) But anyone involved need to have met the criteria

Glenn McKnight: (22:30) Again the need of a clear graphic  Lifelong learning Roadmap is critical

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:30) Pretty sure Betsy can sort that issue for us OCL

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:32) hear you now

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:32) Time check we will loose the FR interpretaion 

Nadira Al-Araj: (22:34) understood, thank you

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:35) the PLANING of theNext Steps part of the process

Heidi Ullrich: (22:35) @OCL, what are next steps for this group/subgroups?

Hadia Elminiawi: (22:36) ok great

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:36) existing and to be created yet Courses

Glenn McKnight: (22:36) I suggested the  Policy Comment Workshiop/Learning

Glenn McKnight: (22:37) nice to see the list of courses

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:37) block 60 use less

Glenn McKnight: (22:38) need to tough on people speaking

Glenn McKnight: (22:38) limit comments

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:38) works for me OCL

Hadia Elminiawi: (22:38) sounds good

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:38) time zone pain share

Ali AlMeshal: (22:39) weakly will be required at the begining

Heidi Ullrich: (22:40) There will be two facilitated sessions with David Kolb on Monday and Tuesday

Heidi Ullrich: (22:40) There is also an ABR for a f2f policy advice development course

Glenn McKnight: (22:40) The North American School will be Oct 1 and Nov 1 at the Universtiy of Quebec with a French and English track

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:41) Lots to do poeple... Use your mailing lists and meetings well :-)  Bye for now...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:41) got to get to my next call

Gisella Gruber: (22:41) All good for me - we will send out a Doodle to set rotating times - weekly - so please give your GENERAL availability, knowing that there may always be other committments. And we will share the pain :-)

Sebastien: (22:41) @Glenn Oct 31

Hadia Elminiawi: (22:42) thank you all bye

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@CLO3): (22:42) BYE

Dave Kissoondoyal: (22:42) thanks and bye

Nadira Al-Araj: (22:42) thank you all

Heidi Ullrich: (22:42) Bye, all

Alberto Soto: (22:42) Thanks, bye bye!!

Glenn McKnight: (22:42) YEs  two days  oct 31 and Nov 1 and Pierre Jean is working on the french track

Ali AlMeshal: (22:42) thanks all

Fouad Bajwa: (22:42) thanks

Filina Natalia: (22:42) thank you, bye-bye!!!

Hadia Elminiawi: (22:42) thanks glenn

Fouad Bajwa: (22:42) bye all

Lilian Ivette De Luque: (22:42) bye

• No labels