Yesim Nazlar: (1/23/2019 19:40) Welcome to the ATLAS III Working Group Call taking place on Wednesday, 23 January 2019 at 18:00 UTC.
  Yesim Nazlar: (19:40) Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/8JIWBg
  Lianna Galstyan: (20:56) Hi everyone
  Filina Natalia: (20:57) Hello everyone! Nice to see you again-)
  Ali AlMeshal: (20:57) hello everyone
  Ejikeme Egbuogu: (20:57) hello everybody 
  Aris Ignacio: (20:58) hello everyone!
  Joanna Kulesza: (20:58) hi everyone
  Lilian Ivette De Luque: (20:59) Hi everyone
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (21:01) Hi 
  Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC): (21:01) Hello all
  Fouad Bajwa: (21:02) hello all
  Pierre-Jean Darres: (21:02) Hi
  Heidi Ullrich: (21:02) Welcome, All! 
  Heidi Ullrich: (21:03) Only 282 days until ATLAS III :)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:03) Hi Hadia thank you for all your great work in the EPDP meeting(s) recently we hear yiu and Alan are indeed "...doing us proud"
  Priyatosh Jana 2: (21:03) hi everyone
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:03) Good Grief @Heidi that is terrifying ;-)
  Heidi Ullrich: (21:04) @CLO, I wanted to help set the context of today's call :)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:04) ** shudder**  gee thanks @Heidi ;-)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:07) Ahh the halceon days of capacity building on the ALSes
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (21:08) What happened. I am on a  call on CROP with Ozan with Dev
  judith hellerstein: (21:08) I am on audio only as I am at another event
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (21:08) no audio for me, for a few more minues
  Beran Gillen 2: (21:09) hello everyone 
  Heidi Ullrich: (21:09) ATLAS I Workspace: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ICANN+34+-+Mexico+City+At-Large+Summit+-+March+2009
  Beran Gillen 2: (21:09) am I the only one with an echo 
  Beran Gillen 2: (21:09) ? 
  Heidi Ullrich: (21:09) ATLAS II Workspace: https://community.icann.org/display/als2/At-Large+Summit+II+Home
  Ali AlMeshal: (21:10) no echo
  judith hellerstein: (21:10) no echo
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:10) and the emergence of the RALOs as completed structures (they were new then to)  All the WG etc., from the lead up to and the outcomes of the ATLAS back then are on the Wiki and your welcome to browse... It's purpose was to Capacity Build, Focus on Policy Issues and expose *us* as a community in a good light to the wider ICANN Community... 
  Beran Gillen: (21:10) ok went out and back in 
  Beran Gillen: (21:10) no echo is thanks @judith
  Beran Gillen: (21:11) @Ali
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:11) So the purpose was specific and suitable to the time... (not our purpose this time around of course)  
  Dave Kissoondoyal: (21:11) Hi all.. sorry i am late.. i had issues connecting to the AC room
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:12) With our ALAC  at ATLAS1  we had about 75 of us all together
  Alan Greenberg: (21:12) Sorry to be late. 
  Alan Greenberg: (21:12) I have someone coming shortly and I may have to step away from the meeting.
  Nadira Alaraj: (21:12) apology for being late I was on another meeting 
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:13) So... ATLASII  it was larger in number and a more wide spread  matter but focussed on consolodation and development of our role in ICANN
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:14) there was as wel as OCL is stateing a more clear focus on RALO development and purpose.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:15) and ** NOW**  ATLASIII  :-)
  Alan Greenberg: (21:15) It is not only costs. We also now are trying to make sure the process is effective and useful.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:16) Inded Alan
  Alfredo Calderon (NARALO): (21:16) So now, ATLAS III, is to enhance Leaderships skills and increase pool of new leaders!
  Alan Greenberg: (21:16) Not on bridge yet, but please note me comment above.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:17) No go ahead I am here for support of the current team (though deeply involved (obviously) in all three... I am capable of typing
  Vanda Scartezini: (21:17) sorry to be late 
  Alfredo Calderon (NARALO): (21:17) +1 Glenn. It needs to be efficient and effective.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:17) I might have a word on a few things to say on purposees etc., as we come through
  Vanda Scartezini: (21:17) i was driving and a cane just crashed with the glass of the car so I got late . everyone well so no other problem
  judith hellerstein: (21:18) +1 Alfredo's
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (21:19) ATLAS I: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__atlarge.icann.org_events_atlas1-2Den&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=iqiYKi9KQt8gLV1sVgULSEUmU-JFdcdPS3-hCSKWjzo&s=Qbhj1YAvkjJBbAgF5dZjhGL_nJjXZx9xLbNDlJg2Y0s&e=
  Dave Kissoondoyal: (21:19) Thanks God, you are safe Vanda
  judith hellerstein: (21:19) @vanda hope you are ok
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:19) of course Tijani we now have proper and continuous ways of engagement in important policy work , such as the very successfule and 'new' Consolidated Policy WG... Far better than just occassionally  focussed activities like ATLASII
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (21:19) ATLAS II: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__archive.icann.org_en_meetings_atlas2014_atlas.icann.org_&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=iqiYKi9KQt8gLV1sVgULSEUmU-JFdcdPS3-hCSKWjzo&s=-F7SmRQUJ6V91hAsTKNeMBwReiwDPnsIMRx4VbmHjN4&e=
  Fouad Bajwa: (21:22) indeed wonderful developments since last atlas with in policy areas
  Alfredo Calderon (NARALO): (21:23) @Vanda, glad to know no major or personal harm came to you or others.
  Vanda Scartezini: (21:24) thanks alfredo. we are ok. my  husband is driving while I am listen to the call
  Fouad Bajwa: (21:24) @olivier, how about policy issues sprints leading to outcome oriented exercises
  Yesim Nazlar: (21:25) ATLAS III Home Page: https://community.icann.org/x/8ptEB
  Lianna Galstyan: (21:25) @Vanda, greetings to Jorge
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:25) Why are you all thinking of this as a "Policy Meeting" we now have those ICANN wide every year now
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:26)  c'mon people  BUILD a future not navel gaze and hold 'convocatiojn'
  Sivasubramanian M: (21:26) We could move beyond capacity building at atlas3
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:26) PERFECt  Maureen!!!
  Alfredo Calderon (NARALO): (21:26) I agree @Cheryl. We now need to think 'out of the box'.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:26) brilliantly said!!1
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:26)  Clearly I'm biased here ;-)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:27) we need many new well developed Thought Leaders and Change agents out in our Community as an *outcome* from this new type of ATLAS 
  Fouad Bajwa: (21:27) policy sprints could be changemaking like Cheryl says out of the box thinking
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:29) Policy happens in the SO's and we need more input at the right time into those processes  @Fouad  that can happen whith the right enthusiasm from the Members of RALOs and ALSes  and that takes  the *righ* people out in those spaces working to efffectivly make that happen
  Fouad Bajwa: (21:30) Cheryl you are absolutely right!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:30) and the CPWG is a great place to well as the name says Consolidate Policy thinking for ALAC input that is proving itself already
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:31) Perhaps Sub Teams within the 2 primary Sub Groups might be a clearer nomenclature for your use
  judith hellerstein: (21:35) when does the application period begin
  ABDELDJALIL BACHAR BONG: (21:35) Hello All / Bonsoir à tous sorry for joining late .
  judith hellerstein: (21:36) what is the training program that started in Jan 1
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (21:36) I assume ICANN learn?
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (21:37) NASIG Montreal is set for  Oct 31 and Nov 1.  and we will pick up the hotel for the ATLAS 3 attendees for NASIG
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:38) Expressiona of Interest are a good way to take applications I would encourage that  and you can develope the form AS you develope the key criteria
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:38) what pre skills and ICANN Learn corses need to be completed etc., comes to mind as example
  Alfredo Calderon (NARALO): (21:39) Thank You!
  judith hellerstein: (21:39) yes @clo exactly
  ABDELDJALIL BACHAR BONG: (21:40) Yes we need to have a list of Some Must Course to complete on ICANNLEARN and ALSO SOME ALAC CAPACITY BUILDING WEBINARS...
  Raymond Mamattah: (21:42) When do we get details of the ICANNLearn?
  ABDELDJALIL BACHAR BONG: (21:42) https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__learn.icann.org&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=iqiYKi9KQt8gLV1sVgULSEUmU-JFdcdPS3-hCSKWjzo&s=qUNY2MxvG2gc1Jx8K2O6Y-ZfGK13OQEe7IlSd78eSBk&e=
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (21:43) @Raymond: as soon as a curriculum is decided on. ICANN Learn Staff are ready and this is going to be one of the first decisions of the group
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (21:43) it might be a good idea to already register yourself for ICANN learn so you can see what's already out there
  Nadira Al-Araj: (21:43) @Raymond you can start with Learn.ICANN.org anytime on your own time
  Alfredo Calderon (NARALO): (21:44) Group A: Will this happen before the individuals apply? Is it a combination of before they apply and once the applicants are selected?
  Raymond Mamattah: (21:45) The various Volunteers, will it be a virtual volunteering or we shall have to be present at ATLAS III physically?
  Alfredo Calderon (NARALO): (21:46) Group B: What is the total amount of contact hours expected during ATLAS III?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:46) in fact ICANN Learn is designed as self paced Learning  it is ideal to start any time and go back and review /redo as new courses come up or are modified, as Many of us even oldies do
  Lianna Galstyan: (21:47) there's an echo
  Alfredo Calderon (NARALO): (21:48) Some one has an open MIC
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:48) I think it is actually an open line
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (21:48) Re: Group A - thinking should be a subgroup within O&E so there is better coordination 
  Nadira Al-Araj: (21:48) Yes, there is a TV in the background
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:49) Co-ordination with OandE and indeed ARIWG in all this planning is essential
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (21:49) Block Schedule: https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/71605234/ATLAS%20III%20Draft%20Block%20Schedule.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1546871720000&api=v2
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:49) one of the reason people like me are in these calls ;-)
  Lianna Galstyan: (21:49) also, coordination with the SMWG
  Nadira Al-Araj: (21:50) SM stands for what?
  Heidi Ullrich: (21:50) Social Media
  A-Eduardoi Diaz: (21:51) @Raymond: All work will be done virtually
  Harold Arcos: (21:51) About subsequent follow-up, the procedures of the Fellowship program will be very useful.
  A-Eduardoi Diaz: (21:51) Howver, ATLAS III is f2f
  Alfredo Calderon (NARALO): (21:51) Is the allocated spaces subject to change?
  Heidi Ullrich: (21:51) @Olivier, could you please repeat the color coding now that the draft is up? 
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:52) This Block schedule allows the TYPE of room and facilities to be secured  as Gisella can ensure you was essential Meeting rooms needed to be secured already
  Heidi Ullrich: (21:52) There will also be facilitation skill development 
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:52) Fixed
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:52) all about room allocations
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:53) you can drop a few but not change or add any
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:53) and your budget is *very finite*
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:53) so that block schedule *is* I beleive your skeleton of framework
  Alfredo Calderon (NARALO): (21:54) dagogical and strategic point of view for the prgramming sessions is not userfriendly.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:55) But Alfredo why do *tou* think this is a framework you all cant fit the work into???
  Alfredo Calderon (NARALO): (21:55) @Gisella, thank you. That might need to happen.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (21:55) it is generous IMO and experience
  judith hellerstein: (21:55) I hav got to run as I have another meeting 
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (21:58) BTW -- re: ICANN Learn, I have taken many courses in the past month and have both really enjoyed it and learnt things I did not know!
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (21:59) so please register and play around with it. It's likely that several of these courses are going to be compulsory for participants so it's good to know what they are about
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (22:00) Indeed OCL many modules are good for all of us to do even if we're "experts"
  Alfredo Calderon (NARALO): (22:00) @Olivier, what happens if some individual has already taken a course, before it is redesigned? Or even taken it as a Fellow or Mentor, will that be consider as taken for ATLAS  III.  I am guessing, yes!
  Fouad Bajwa: (22:01) thank you Maureen
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (22:01) TANKS everyone  Looking forward to working with you all
  Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC): (22:01) Thank you all 
  Lianna Galstyan: (22:01) Thanks everyone, this was a good start
  Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC): (22:01) Bye
  Beran Gillen: (22:01) thank you all 
  Heidi Ullrich: (22:01) Thank you, All! 
  Fouad Bajwa: (22:01) thank you all
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@CLO3): (22:01) Bye for now
  Ali AlMeshal: (22:01) thanks all bye
  Beran Gillen: (22:01) bye 
  A-Eduardoi Diaz: (22:01) Bye
  Lilian Ivette De Luque: (22:01) bye
  Harold Arcos: (22:01) thank you Maureen
  Filina Natalia: (22:01) thank you!
  Lianna Galstyan: (22:01) bye
  Alfredo Calderon (NARALO): (22:01) Bye!
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: (22:01) take care all
  Priyatosh Jana 2: (22:01) bye
  Kaili Kan: (22:01) Bye!
  Pierre-Jean Darres: (22:01) Bye!
  Abdulkarim Oloyede: (22:01) I have a couple of questions but i would elam Maureen 
  Harold Arcos: (22:01) Thanks all,,,bye bye
  Abdulkarim Oloyede: (22:01) email
  Raymond Mamattah: (22:01) Good night
  Abdulkarim Oloyede: (22:01) thanks
  ABDELDJALIL BACHAR BONG: (22:01) YES @Olivier Digital trade and Global Int Gov 
  ABDELDJALIL BACHAR BONG: (22:01) Is a Good Course
  ABDELDJALIL BACHAR BONG: (22:01) thanks
  ABDELDJALIL BACHAR BONG: (22:02) bye

• No labels