Monthly APRALO Teleconference 2010
Date: 26 October 2010
Time: 05:00 - 06:00 UTC (for the time in various timezones click here)
Meeting Number: AL.AP/CC.1010/1
Participants: Hong Xue, Fouad Bajwa, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, James Seng, Pavan Budhrani, Charles Mok, Edmon Chung
Apologies: Bill Tibben, Raj Singh
Staff: Matthias Langenegger
A G E N D A
Agenda is in draft form until adopted by the meeting.
Documents are linked for download next to the agenda items they belong to where available.
Members are requested to refrain from inserting explanatory text next to the agenda item in the interests of readability. If you could simply create a new page and insert the link to that page next to the item in question, that would be most helpful
1. Roll Call and Apologies (if any) (2 minutes)
2. Review of the summary minutes and the action items of the 28 September APRALO teleconference (7 minutes)
3. APRALO Elections and announcements (Hong) (10 minutes)
⁃ An update on 2010 APRALO ALAC Representative Election
- Introduction by the new APRALO ALAC Representative
4. At-Large Board Selection (Hong, Fouad, Charles)
- Update on At-Large Board Selection process (see At-Large Director Candidate workspace)
The schedule proposed is:
- 3 November 2010: BCEC is scheduled to announce the slate of 3-7 <CLO>Actually this will happen on 28th October
candidates retained for election.
- 3-12 November 2010 (10 days): candidates able to reach out to the At
Large community (campaigning) <CLO>A Community call will also be arranged for the week of Nov 8th a doodle will go out for this soon.
- 15-19 November 2010 (5 days): Election takes place
5. Regional Policy Work (Charles) (10 minutes)
- Presentation of Charles' regional policy workplan
6. Update on Outreach & In-reach (Fouad, Raj, Pavan)(15 minutes)
- Presentation of APRALO in-reach and outreach suggestions based on the ALS survey (Fouad, Pavan)
- APRALO in-reach and outreach suggestions based on the ALS survey.pdf (Produced by Pavan, Edited by Fouad)
- Inreach and Outrech Draft Recommendations Fouad Bajwa.pdf (Ideas for consideration by Fouad)
- Background reference documents:
APRALO ALSes Survey Analysis Preliminary results.ppt
Overall ALS Survey Analysis 2010.pdf
- APRALO mentoring programme (Raj)
- would a program similar to the ISOC mentoring program be desirable and workable in APRALO?
- what would be the benchmarks for the APRALO mentoring program ?
- next steps?
- APRALO Outreach Presentation Material (Fouad)
- APRALO Outreach Beginners Introduction Ver 1 Beta.ppt
- APRALO Outreach Beginners Introduction Ver 1 Beta.pdf
- ICANN Video that can be downloaded and played as an introduction to new audiences (shared by Heidi)