Yesim Nazlar:Welcome to the APRALO Monthly Call on Thursday, 24 August 2017 at 06:00 UTC

Yesim Nazlar:Agenda: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_jQ4hB&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=lf2gn00NS1RE6g5LiIU_-kxqNgcJ7LQhn6RU7hEsYqM&s=n0C8CYNcm0PI-Zp5J4pX3yl2GJ_AgbTpXc_nCis5-fc&e=

Yasuichi Kitamura (ALS-Japan):hi, all

shreedeep rayamajhi:hello everyone

Yasuichi Kitamura (ALS-Japan):I'm at the local meeting, too. I might leave here because of the local meeting.

Yesim Nazlar:Hi Yasuichi, thank you for the heads up, noted!

Yasuichi Kitamura (ALS-Japan):thank you.

Yesim Nazlar:sure!

Lianna Galstyan:Hello everyone!

Maureen Hilyard:Hi all

SB 2:Hi everyone!

Maureen Hilyard:Clear as Kasek :)

Silvia Vivanco:Hello all welcome

Pavan Budhrani:hello all! :)

Yesim Nazlar:Hello!

Tomohiro Fujisaki:Hello, all!

Ali AlMeshal:hello all

Fahd Batayneh (ICANN):Hello Silvia and All

Fahd Batayneh (ICANN):Glad to be on the call

Satish Babu:Welcome everyone...!

Fahd Batayneh (ICANN):And apologize in advance for any "baby sounds"

Satish Babu::-)

Lianna Galstyan::)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO)::-)

Silvia Vivanco:Welcome Fahd! :)

Satish Babu:Loud and clear...

Waleed Khaliqi (NITPAA):Hello Everyone

Ahmad Alsadeh (Palestine):Hello

Waleed Khaliqi (NITPAA):Thank you

Mahdi Taghizadeh:Hi everybody!

Nadira AL-Araj:Hello all

Nadira AL-Araj:I would like to introduce you to the new primary contanct for ISOC Palestine ALS Dr. Ahmad Alsadeh

Lianna Galstyan:Welcome Dr. Alsadeh!

Ali AlMeshal:Keefak Dr Ahmed

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Welcome indeed !

Evin Erdogdu:Dear Nadira - thank you for this information! Please send Dr. Alsadeh's contact information to Staff in an email. Thank you!

Silvia Vivanco:Welcome Dr. Alsadeh!

Nadira AL-Araj:@Evin, I think it has been done.

Evin Erdogdu:@Nadira, thank you! I will follow up accordingly.

Mahdi Taghizadeh:@Evin I'm a new individual member too ;-)

Ahmad Alsadeh (Palestine):Hello everyone

Evin Erdogdu:Yes Mahdi, welcome! We noted you before :) thank you very much for being here and being engaged.

Evin Erdogdu:Welcome, all!

Mahdi Taghizadeh:@Evin Thums up!

Silvia Vivanco:At-Large Workspace: At-Large Review Recommendations Feasibility Assessment & Implementation Plan: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_pages_viewpage.action-3FpageId-3D66073822&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=lf2gn00NS1RE6g5LiIU_-kxqNgcJ7LQhn6RU7hEsYqM&s=3ydAczhFOPXPksux179BAwO3o27RyUePtViAMjxUyQc&e=

Ahmad Alsadeh (Palestine):I am glad to jion you I am glad to join you

Vladimer Svanadze:Hello everyone!

Evin Erdogdu:@Mahdi :) and welcome, @Vladimer!

Maureen Hilyard:Thank you Cheryl but it has been a real team effort

Ahmad Alsadeh (Palestine):Hello Ali

Ahmad Alsadeh (Palestine):Thanks Nadira

Ali AlMeshal:Well done Maureen, always star

Lianna Galstyan:Proud of our excellent team!

Maureen Hilyard:Thanks Ali - but APRALO is the best!!

Nadira AL-Araj:Great work Maureen and APRALO LT team

Silvia Vivanco:Policy Advice Development page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_alacpolicydev_At-2DLarge-2BPolicy-2BAdvice-2BDevelopment-2BPage&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=lf2gn00NS1RE6g5LiIU_-kxqNgcJ7LQhn6RU7hEsYqM&s=n6glaVF61IqXlWE559H8Yq9mCuO9ye6UfwmF-dPstCc&e=

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):The Operational Effectiveness Committee will recomend to the Board what (any or all) of these implementables is to be actioned nd then of course a full blown Imlementation plan and Actions will begin,  SO there is still plenty of opportunity for *more* of us from APRALO to get involved and particularly to makke a differnce and contribute to buiding a better At-Large

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO)::-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):it is exciting for some Maureen

Satish Babu:Good point, @Cheryl...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Yup ASO

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Olivier has the Stats Analysis of DNS Abuse

Narine Khachatryan:Greetings all

Yesim Nazlar:Welcome Siranush!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):But we should all look at the Meeting date proposals  in case they clash with significant National or regional times, religious observances   in our Regions

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Proposed Dates for ICANN Public Meetings:2021 Proposed DatesICANN70 Community Forum 20 – 25 March 2021ICANN71 Policy Forum 28 June – 1 July 2021ICANN72 Annual General Meeting 23 – 29 October 20212022 Proposed DatesICANN73 Community Forum 5 – 10 March 2022ICANN74 Policy Forum 20 – 23 June 2022ICANN75 Annual General Meeting 15 – 21 October 20222023 Proposed DatesICANN76 Community Forum 25 – 30 March 2023ICANN77 Policy Forum 19 – 22 June 2023ICANN78 Annual General Meeting 21 – 27 October 2023

SB 2:You're next, Maureen

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):those are the proposed dates for 2021,22 and 23

Siranush Vardanyan:sorry, was a bot late, hello to everyone

Satish Babu:Hi Siranush!

Silvia Vivanco:Welcome Siranush!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Yes  a great opotunity for all of us here and our organisational Memebers to join that Maureen  in September

Mahdi Taghizadeh:Hey Siranush!

Siranush Vardanyan:hi, Satish, and hi Mahdi, good to "see" you in the call

Kaili Kan:@Maureen  Thank you !

Silvia Vivanco:Main APRALO activities wiki pages: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_APRALO_APRALO-2BActivities-2Bat-2BICANN-2B60-2BAGM-2B-2B-2D-2BAbu-2BDhabi-2B-2D-2BOctober-2D-2BNovember-2B2017&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=lf2gn00NS1RE6g5LiIU_-kxqNgcJ7LQhn6RU7hEsYqM&s=MlKN8CYJQmD8BVAv5VGzZsZ_u97s_BgGuqwHb-zsVOU&e=

Silvia Vivanco:GA Sessions: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_APRALO_GENERAL-2BASSEMBLY-2BABU-2BDHABI-2B2017-2BPROGRAM-2BSUB-2BCOMMITTEE&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=lf2gn00NS1RE6g5LiIU_-kxqNgcJ7LQhn6RU7hEsYqM&s=Y7kbJ9Umbnezi9n5q_B9eSFrlC4tgGQgQ2cL0psWZCE&e=

Gisella Gruber:@ All - Travelers: at this stage, no update as they are all being contacted by Constituency Travel and I have requested a weekly update to raise any issues.

Lianna Galstyan:Thanks Gisella!

Mahdi Taghizadeh:+1 Ali

Ali AlMeshal:thanks

Silvia Vivanco:https://community.icann.org/display/APRALO/CAPACITY+BUILDING+PROGRAM

Waleed Khaliqi (NITPAA):Yes Hyderabad lunch sessions were great

Mahdi Taghizadeh:@Satish As one of the Leads of ICANN Booth at ICANN60, we would like to have some friendly outreach sessions with APRALO guys as well.

Satish Babu:Sure Mahdi...APRALO will certainly be contributing to running of the booth...

Satish Babu:It will also a meeting point for the ALS representatives

Mahdi Taghizadeh:@Satish Great! Will arrange it with in September.

Satish Babu:Sure, looking forward...

Siranush Vardanyan:Mahdi, just to clarify, APRALO will be having separate Booth as well, we will discuss with ICANN Info Booth Leads later to coordinate the works

Yannis Li:Are there any acitvities from now and until Abu Dhabi for the ALS reps?

Mahdi Taghizadeh:@Siranush Of course, thank you for the note.

Satish Babu:@Yannis, yes, there is likely to be some recommended reading (esp. for new ALS representatives)....

Satish Babu:...also, for the subcommittee members, there will be work in organizing these activities

Yannis Li:@Satish, great that's what I am looking for. Would be good to prepare earlier for the policies discussions

Maureen Hilyard:The Booth is Outreach and ALS related - for Lianna??

Lianna Galstyan:I'll be happy to coordinate the Booth activities

Nadira AL-Araj:The APRALO booth will be good to be ready to explain how ALS or individual be a member in APRALO

Maureen Hilyard:Done!

Silvia Vivanco:Thank you Lianna!

Silvia Vivanco:staff can open a sign up sheet as we have done in the past for other RALOs

Lianna Galstyan:that's great, Silvia. It will help a lot

Silvia Vivanco:great will take that AI

Yannis Li:Would be good if our booth is close to the newcomers one? or part of it?

Silvia Vivanco:@ Yannis, we will ask meetings team re location of the booth

Yannis Li:Thanks Silvia =)

Lianna Galstyan:Thanks for that info, Ali :)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Of course Ali your normal dress IS almst without exception a suit and tie

Satish Babu::-)

Sohaib ISOC PAKISTAN:Hi All,apologies for being delayed....was stuck in an embassy..

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):I would advise a guide of "dress modestly" in smat usiness style atire as a good bases whereever I travel

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):should read smart  business atire

Nadira AL-Araj:I do agree with Ali regarding dress code. UAE is metropolitan cities

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):No need to cover female heads unless it is your religious belief to do so

Mahdi Taghizadeh:I've travelled to the UAE and there is no need to wear Hijab.

Silvia Vivanco:Thanks for the clarification re dress code Ali

Sohaib ISOC PAKISTAN:agreed with ali

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):I still prefer to be "as well dressed as the best dressed person in any room I enter" of course :-)

Maureen Hilyard:Sure we can do that..

Maureen Hilyard:Cheryl always is the best dressed person in ANY room she enters.. agree!!

Silvia Vivanco:I agree Maureen! that is "best practice" :)

Siranush Vardanyan:Cheryl you are ALWAYS the best well dressed person :)

Ali AlMeshal:+1

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):AN excellent meeting

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):we are blessed with having such a cooperative and active ICANN Hub

Satish Babu:Indeed @Cheryl

Maureen Hilyard:+1

Will Tibben:I'm wondering about the arrangements for members who wont be in Abu Dhabi

Silvia Vivanco:Indeed! We thank our APAC Hub for the continuous cooperation and joint work with our community!

Kelvin Wong:Thanks all - good teamwork

Gisella Gruber:Remote Participation will be provided for most meetings

Gisella Gruber:The APRALO Mailing list will receive daily updates with the meetings and remote participation details and how to best participate

Gisella Gruber:Dial-outs are also still available as well as live audio streaming

Silvia Vivanco:Thank you Gisella!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Nothing from me

Aris Ignacio:none from here

Will Tibben:Thanks Gisiela

Sohaib ISOC PAKISTAN:apologies on behalf of Amir

Nadira AL-Araj:Thank you Satish, regards to all

Siranush Vardanyan:thanks, all and bye for now

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Good meeting always happy to end early :-) bye for now...Thanks everyone...

Winthrop Yu:Thanks all! Bye!

Silvia Vivanco:stay tuned for emails and updates on APRALO GA preparations!

Waleed Khaliqi (NITPAA):thank you all for the updates and great job so far.

Kaili Kan:Thank you all.  Bye!

Yannis Li:Thanks everyone

Lianna Galstyan:Thank you all for being with us. Bye.

Satish Babu:Thanks Bye!

Mahdi Taghizadeh:Thank you all!

Mahdi Taghizadeh:Bye

Yannis Li:Bye for now

Silvia Vivanco:Thank you all!

Kelvin Wong:bye all!

Aris Ignacio:Thanks Satish, everyone!  bye..  :-)

Shahul Hameed:Thanks, bye!

Waleed Khaliqi (NITPAA):have a nice time everyone bye

Suhaidi Hassan ISOC-MY:bye

Sohaib ISOC PAKISTAN:thank u

Maureen Hilyard:thanks Satish and all

sam:bye , thanks you

Ali AlMeshal:bye

Decka david:Sorry to came in late and bye everyone

Vladimer Svanadze:Many thanks for an excellent meeting, and have a nice day for all!

• No labels