Yesim Nazlar:Welcome to the APRALO ICANN 57 Activities Call held on Friday, 23 September 2016 at 04:00 UTC

Yesim Nazlar:Agenda: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_dwu4Aw&d=DQICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=IunAnrBcax1MWcJOVEnG44ZO6rI7B7TyDDjgD-Xcdow&s=dPzX_5xJhEdccWN9syCc31a8QaxS2d1tKFXNsCYeQiI&e=

Satish Babu:Hello everyone...

Gisella Gruber:Good morning/afternoon to all

Holly Raiche:hello all

Satish Babu:Good to know, @CLO

Satish Babu:Gisella, do we have everyone in the call?

Silvia Vivanco:Hello all

Yesim Nazlar:@Satish: we're missing Pavan & Ali - Ali is a tentative apology

Heidi Ullrich:Hi All!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Hi there Heidi

Heidi Ullrich:40 days to ICANN 57!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):I am about to send an email to CT copy to you  you might want to poke at them for me in your Friday time

Yesim Nazlar:Adam Peake has just joined us as well - welcome Adam!

Adam Peake:Hi everyone

Heidi Ullrich:Great news, Holly!

Maureen Hilyard:Holly - the donation came from AUDA and ??

Gisella Gruber:@ Holly - Aus Reg and which was second sponsor?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Great input from AusReg and auDA   and we have a new CEO  at auDA  so be good to cement a good relationship...  

Maureen Hilyard:Thanks Cheryl

Silvia Vivanco:Holly can you repeat the second name

Gisella Gruber:Thanks Cheryl :-)

Heidi Ullrich:What was the amount in AUS dollars?

Satish Babu:Good news...!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Total of $4k   2K AUD each

Heidi Ullrich:Fantastic! Great news

Heidi Ullrich:3,058.04 in USD

Holly Raiche:It amounts to about $3000 US$

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):yup

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):That is more expensive than most years for just feeding and wtering IMO

Holly Raiche:/Agree with Maureen - and a question to ICANN - have we paid that much before

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Not in my memory no  

Maureen Hilyard:Thanks Gisella

Holly Raiche:And note - the sum from ICANN is $2400 - so we have 5,000 in the kitty

Kaili Kan:Sorry that ISC this time is not in a position to sponsor our events.  I reported this to Satish a few months ago and may share this with you if asked.

Silvia Vivanco:Here is the Singapore Program as example: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_atlarge_APRALO-2BSHOWCASE-2B2015-2BPROGRAM&d=DQICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=IunAnrBcax1MWcJOVEnG44ZO6rI7B7TyDDjgD-Xcdow&s=waiPnQrAGtz2owaUK3PjPfRCrQ9E7Nm4aZ9yFpk4ukc&e=

Satish Babu:Thanks Kaili, for your efforts.

Silvia Vivanco:Beijing had an interactive part with a Trivia about APRALO, perhaps something similar ?

Gisella Gruber:@ All - yes

Maureen Hilyard:We don't want too many speakers..

Holly Raiche:I think we have to have the Chair, CEO, Rinalila.  Not sure we need ALan as well.   Instead, sponsors

Silvia Vivanco:correct, less speakers is better

Heidi Ullrich:@All, please keep in mind that this is to be a joint APRALO/ Civil Society event

Gisella Gruber:Please note on the timing of the showcase. Last shuttle leaves at 20:10 so we will have to finish around 19:45 to allow everyone to 'finish off' and make their way to the shuttles

Heidi Ullrich:so it would be useful to include NCUC and NPOC.

Gisella Gruber:18:30

Holly Raiche:What will Civil Society contribute- where do they fin - Adam?

Gisella Gruber:the sessions end at 18:30

Gisella Gruber:so we need to allow everyone to get there - program/speaches to start at 18:45

Holly Raiche:The Showcase has alwans been what the relevant RALO does.

Holly Raiche:Sorry - when did this happen?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):that is my recollection Heidi

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):and we hoped that there might be a contribution  towards expenses  as a joint event as well  => Any feedback on that Heidi?

Holly Raiche:VERY subtle

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):so that makes up the  amount to $2400  understood that was not clear earlier on in chat

Satish Babu::-)

Holly Raiche:If it is joint, then having the slides for APRALO doesn't make sense

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):More Networking  is the aim I believe

Heidi Ullrich:After a long day, networking, a few speeches, food/drink and entertainment will be welcomed IMO

Holly Raiche:NNOOO - too many speakers.  

Heidi Ullrich:It could be celebrating diversity among a slightly wider group.

Heidi Ullrich:+1 Maureen

Heidi Ullrich:I think they all understand that

Heidi Ullrich:The very short talk of Goran in Helsinki could inspire people to be brief...

Maureen Hilyard:Loved it..

Maureen Hilyard:We set speeches in the past to 2mins. and everyone was great

Holly Raiche:Good Idea - so the welcomers can be Alan, Satish and NPOC/NCUC - problme solved

Maureen Hilyard:LOL

Maureen Hilyard:Exactly Cheryl

Holly Raiche:Maybe music performance - which could be background?

Gisella Gruber:+1 on slideshow in loop on screen

Heidi Ullrich:EAch group could bring promotional items as well...

Heidi Ullrich:grab brochures

Heidi Ullrich:Looping  is great idea

Silvia Vivanco:slideshow in the background is a good idea

Holly Raiche:I did promise a minute or so to auDA and AusRegistry

Silvia Vivanco:Sponsors usually have time to speak

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Agree Sponsors  get to say a few words

Maureen Hilyard:I would prefer that the slideshow was in the background during the drinkies and networking time -

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):AND I would add them into the slide shop loop if we do that  (so a bonus  for them)

Holly Raiche:Actually, we could do a slide showor various showcases we have had

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Yes a loop show can be more varied'

Holly Raiche:Sorry - s;how on the stuf we hae done.  I'm sure there are pics around

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):becaus it is background

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Works for me Satish

Holly Raiche:Music can go longer - since it is background

Maureen Hilyard:Yes Satish. Ill work on the slide show.. you guys can do the other things :)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):and recorded  is OK  but if live  then it is background  not "entertainment" per se

Maureen Hilyard:The "cultural entertainment" isn't usually on during the speeches anyway

Heidi Ullrich:Could Alan and Rinalia share a 2 min slot?

Maureen Hilyard:An indian sitar "band" in the background would be nice

Satish Babu:Steve, Rinalia, Alan, NCUC, NPOC, Goran, Satish: All 1-2 min each?

Satish Babu:Plus of course, the sponsors

Heidi Ullrich:As the Gala will likely offer dancing music, etc, the Showcase the day aftter could be a bit more key - with Sitar and Diwali lights...

Satish Babu:Agree, Heidi.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Hell Yes  Heidi

Adam Peake:I think it should be the community members rather than me - hope OK.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):A single Sitar  and thew lights  gets my vte ;-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):vote

Heidi Ullrich:NIce!

Gisella Gruber:Please lets do a bit of brainstorming re entertainment/lighting/music as I will contact the local company assisting with events including the Gala evening

Maureen Hilyard:Works for me..

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):That's fine Adam   as lng as we note that all talking is to be BRIEF

Gisella Gruber:Brainstorming on email/skype

Gisella Gruber:I can then follow up on this next week with Events Company

Holly Raiche:Sorry - that's just me but a chat on policy - really . Rinalila can do that

Heidi Ullrich:The promotional items including the brochures from each will be useful.

Maureen Hilyard:I too think that Adam's suggestion will no doubt come up in the networking.. Satish will subtley bring it up in his 2 mins

Holly Raiche:Yes - Promo material, and we can do that when we talk to people

Holly Raiche:Talk policy when networking - or Rinalia can mention the poicy document ICANN has done

Maureen Hilyard:Thank you Kelvin..

Maureen Hilyard:I think too that Satish's work in the APSIG will also contribute to outreach within the local community

Maureen Hilyard:India SIG, I mean

Maureen Hilyard:Anything APRALO tried to do would just be duplicating the great work that Adam and Kelvin are planning

Silvia Vivanco:Thank you for the update Adam

Holly Raiche:Heidi - what do I tell the sponsors on contributions - i.e., whom should they contact in ICANN for details -

Holly Raiche:I think we ask people to get thee lunch and thencome back -eating their lunch in the capacity building session

Satish Babu:Sounds good, Holly. We have no clue on the logistics of this, though...like how far are these halls...

Maureen Hilyard:Sounds great  Silvia

Gisella Gruber:@ Holly - re lunch - that is what we are hoping for

Holly Raiche:@Gisella - I think we have to assume it's possible.  Otherwise, there will be little time for the sessions.  We live in hope

Kaili Kan:I will ask ISC to see if they can bring any promotional material.

Heidi Ullrich:I believe in the past Glenn has produced a small batch for free.

Heidi Ullrich:We can review the budget for pins in a couple of weeks.

Maureen Hilyard:Are you talking about the Celebrating Diversity buttons, Heidi?

Holly Raiche:@ Heidi - again - can I give sponsors your email for information on how to contribute

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):what is on screen is the badge / pin

Yesim Nazlar:this is the button playing on the screen

Maureen Hilyard:OK.. looks good

Holly Raiche:My badge ( slightly older) doesn't have APRALO in the corner - it's on the red ribbons below

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):I think following up wit Glenn is fine  for the Ask Me ones

Maureen Hilyard:I'll work with Glen

Heidi Ullrich:Ok, thanks. Noted.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):The B Cards lokk great  BTW  

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Look

Kaili Kan:Thanks to all!  Bye!

Satish Babu:Bye

Adam Peake:thanks everyone/

Gisella Gruber:Thank you all!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Thanks all... Bye

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks!

• No labels