Yesim Nazlar:Welcome to the APRALO Mentorship Program Call on 11 August 2016 at 06:00 UTC

Yesim Nazlar:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/QAmsAw

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Thank YoU

Silvia Vivanco:Hello everyone!

Siranush Vardanyan:hi all, I am not in Yerevan, with very slow connection, but will try to follow the discussions and post in the chat (can not speak)

Silvia Vivanco:You are very welcome Ali

Satish Babu:In the 'Gender' row, Lianna is shown as male...this needs to be corrected...

Ali AlMeshal:haha copy paste error

Maureen Hilyard:Actually, I though we/ all the APRALO leaders would all take on a role - I agree Cheryl

Yesim Nazlar:@Satish: now corrected :)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Thoise less experienced in Mentoring (or Coaching as the basics will be  can get helo from us who have more oractice/experience...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):It can be a mix of general basics (some will have that already)  ands yes all need to be taylored to fit

Siranush Vardanyan:I agree that all RALO leaders should be mentors, and the joint mentor-mentee sessions can be organized at the beginning, which will help us to identify more about mentees, and those joint sessions can be lead by our super mentor;)

Satish Babu:Thanks @Yesim

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Yes  Sira  some group, sime small group. and a good lot of one on one ;-)

Siranush Vardanyan:yes, Cheryl, then joint sessions will be followed up by one to one meetings already

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):The intake or basics goup can be coached / supervised  by those of you feeling less secure in Mentoring per se,  this is really more of a coaching and support role, but sifts out tlent and commitment fairly fast

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):You should also consider rotstng some of the coaching roles between you  for some people  as well

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Yes Holly rotation will help especially for those less clearly directed

Siranush Vardanyan:+1

Satish Babu:I agree.

Maureen Hilyard:Could we have a mentor-mentee group meeting in Hyderabad where we do what Holly is mentioning.. agenda setting, etc

Maureen Hilyard:Although we would have been through much of the introductory session with our mentees before then..

Satish Babu:Not sure if mentees are all participating in Hyderabad...otherwise a call should be fine...

Holly Raiche:2

Siranush Vardanyan:I am not sure if all mentees will be in Hyderabad in person

Holly Raiche:satish - those who aren't there can join by adobe

Siranush Vardanyan:yes, can be a meeting supported by Adobe for others to join

Holly Raiche:We also have the apralo webinars that we can use

Silvia Vivanco:@ Ali, what  would be the lenght of the mentorship program?

Holly Raiche:2

Ali AlMeshal:@ Slivia , until march 17

Holly Raiche:silvia and all - I would think at least 6 months - to include at least one if not two ICANN meetings

Silvia Vivanco:Thanks Ali and Holly

Holly Raiche:@ Ali - good - thank includes the first 2017 meetng as well

Siranush Vardanyan:Silvia, it is 9 months program with actual prep work already started now, then actual work with mentees staring in Hyderabad and the with evaluation part after kopenhagen meeting to be finalized by Johannesburg meeting ac

Holly Raiche:I thinkhaving a couple of group meetings we can see you works with whom

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Yup

Silvia Vivanco:Thanks for that information Siranush

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):We also need to establishe what they have done,   E.G.  we can get a good idea from fellowship exerience, but others may have also done some of the online learning  ICANN offers

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):OR  have outside of ICANN exoereices and skill sets

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): We can ask a few more probing questions to tease thiese things out Satish  any one I have menotred jnows that is my prefered way of establishing expectations and prediuction of desired outcomes

Holly Raiche:We need to set aside time in Hyderabod for us to follow up what we decide on his and later calls

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Sorry about my typos

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Yes Holly even if it means some remote participation

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):There is sime himework we can set the mentees to helo with that Maureen

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):That facilitation of smoothing issues rile is one I am haooy to assist with

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Argh Typing !

Maureen Hilyard:Tahnk you Cheryl.. we really need your assistance with that setting up stage

Silvia Vivanco:@ Ali, and what happens after the mentorship program ends? How do you ensure that mentees actually remain engaged and most importantly take up some leadership /proactive role?

Holly Raiche:@ Silvia - I think our immediate role is to retain - it is to educate,to involve.  In the end, though, it isup to the mentees what they do.  At this stage, however, without support, it is far more likely we will lose them

Silvia Vivanco:@ Hollly, right that is my concern, that the mentorship program is supposed to achieve the goal to bring active people to APRALO, and hopefully they will take up some proactive /leadership role

Silvia Vivanco:thanks for your feedback Holly and Cheryl

Maureen Hilyard:And also some more listing of skills, interest areas... as Cheryl is stating...

Maureen Hilyard:about the mentors

Holly Raiche:Agree with Cheryl

Satish Babu:+1 Cheryl on the minimum information requirements...

Holly Raiche:I think we have already started the program - doing the ground work, getting names, etc.

Maureen Hilyard:I agree Cheryl about matching just yet.. get more info on mentees and mentors first

Holly Raiche:Agree - I think there may be two general groups - those who really know ICANN, and those who need the ICANN 101 course

Satish Babu:There are some 101 courses at ICANN Learrn, as well as ISOC's online course...

Holly Raiche:@ Satish - thanks - all ofthat wil be really helpful

Silvia Vivanco:@ Satish correct, those 101 courses are a great resource

Maureen Hilyard:Yes Cheryl.. I was going to ask about that too.. soemthing that we can use as an ideas board for us only to get us going

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Perfect Thx Silvia

Holly Raiche:So far - really one space for all of us - so ws can share

Maureen Hilyard:Great Silvia.. one for all of us to put our information - l

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):LOL

Maureen Hilyard:YAY!!!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Awww   Shucks

Silvia Vivanco:will do

Holly Raiche:I think we havemade a good start

Maureen Hilyard:Two weeks minimum if we want to start in Sept

Maureen Hilyard:But we can communicate online on our "Secret" page

Maureen Hilyard:LACRALO next!!

Holly Raiche:Do you really want to take on LACRALO!

Satish Babu::-)

Maureen Hilyard:Mentor training..

Maureen Hilyard:Good idea Cheryl

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Thx Ali  Thanks all Looking forward to this :=_

Maureen Hilyard:Thanks all

Ali AlMeshal:thanks

Siranush Vardanyan:thank you and sorry for slow connection here

• No labels