Yesim Nazlar:Welcome to the ALAC Subcommittee on Outreach and Engagement Call taking place on Monday, 25 April 2016 at 19:00 UTC.

Yesim Nazlar:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/OEeAAw

Yesim Nazlar:Welcome Daniel!

Daniel K. Nanghaka:Thanks Yesim

Raitme Citterio:Hi

Daniel K. Nanghaka:hi

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):hi

Maureen Hilyard:Hi all, taken a while to connect to AC this morning

Raitme Citterio:thanks Interpreter ES

Ali AlMeshal:hi all

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:hello everyone

Harold Arcos:Hello everyone

Raitme Citterio:Hello Janice

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:could you please let us scroll?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:thanks!

Heidi Ullrich:@Olivier, can you scroll now?

Yesim Nazlar:now you can scroll

Gisella Gruber:IMPORTANT - please note this schedule has NOT been updated with the At-Large DRAFT schedule which has only been set today.

Gisella Gruber:The At-Large DRAFT Schedule will be sent tomorrow, prior to the ALAC call

Yesim Nazlar:Meeting Schedule Planning: https://community.icann.org/x/_o5CAw

Glenn McKnight:What was the results of the Outreach in Marrakesh?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):I wondered who we would find to outreach to as well Seb

Glenn McKnight:I think Sebastein is speaking about logistics.  I am questioning the rate of return

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:The funny thing is that we are arriving in Finland the day after MidSommer

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:midsommer is a national holiday and Yrjö has told us that everyone will be on holiday!!!

Raitme Citterio:about LACTLD https://www.lactld.org/en/news/declaracion-de-lactld-sobre-reuniones-globales-de-internet-en-la-region-de-america-latina-y-el-caribe/

Heidi Ullrich:I believe he also added that to draw people in, we may need to offer some encouragement (i.e., drinks/snacks) within the venue.

Raitme Citterio:LACTLD Statement on Global Internet Meetings in the Latin American and Caribbean Region : https://www.lactld.org/en/news/declaracion-de-lactld-sobre-reuniones-globales-de-internet-en-la-region-de-america-latina-y-el-caribe/

Glenn McKnight:Correction,  Sebastien also questions the rationale for the outreach,  who is being  outreached to, why are we doing,  what preliminary work was done in advance.  Is this a drop in and go?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:For information a bout Midsummer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midsummer

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Will the students not be away on vacation>  are the uni's even open that time???

Heidi Ullrich:I believe Yrjo was thinking ISOC members...

Heidi Ullrich:We are trying to contact Yrjo to add more

Glenn McKnight:ISOC members  not many with ISOC Finland

Glenn McKnight:No audience, no location, no planning.  hmm

Alan Greenberg:Maybe that's why the convention center space and hotels were available.

Glenn McKnight:What is  NPOC  and  CIVIL Engagment ie. Adam doing for  NGO  outreach?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Is there going to be a bonfire in Helsinki?

Glenn McKnight:@CLO  good  opportuity for  Ghost Hunters

Harold Arcos:sound goes and comes

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Quoting from the Wikipedia page I have quoted above: "Many Finns leave the cities for Midsummer and spend time in the countryside. Nowadays many spend a few days there, and some Finns take their whole vacation in a cottage. Rituals include bonfires, cookouts, a sauna and spending time together. Heavy drinking is also associated with the Finnish midsummer.["

Glenn McKnight:i assume EURALO has a plan

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:"Who you gonna call?"  :-)

Raitme Citterio:an idea involving remote hub for the activities of Monday.

Glenn McKnight:Which Civil Society groups have been approached?

Maureen Hilyard:@OCL.. sounds like it :)

Yubelkys:Hi, soporte for my delay

Yubelkys:sorry. I was in another meeting

Janice Lange:may be worth to note that gNSO is planning on using the Outreach/Engagement day for overviews and introductions to their community and work, so that is where I can see NextGen participants and undeclared Fellow Alumni wanting to attend; can At Large provide something like that on Monday?

Yesim Nazlar:Welcome Yubelkys!

Yubelkys:thanks

Glenn McKnight:The tuesday is reserved for he ISOC  only reception

Glenn McKnight:Again, ISOC  has it's own event on Tuesday.  Many of us will be at that event

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Glenn: ISOC Finland or ISOC global Tuesday?

Daniel K. Nanghaka:this is why Outreach is necessary but we have a challenge, so let's work with NPOC and have CSOs

Glenn McKnight:ISOC  Global is always  Tuesday

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Glenn: Yrjö said that ISO Global is not doing anything and ISOC Finland isdoing a reception and that we are in discussion to do a joint ISOC Finland & EURALO event with a Jam session

Glenn McKnight:It's unusual since they tend to do something

Janice Lange:no remote hubs for ICANN56

Sébastien:It Is a B meeting

Raitme Citterio:no? @janice

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Glenn: yes unusual. But that's been confirmed by Yrjö and Tommi Karttaavi -- ISOC Chapters support who is a Finn too

Glenn McKnight:I guess  Olivier is suggesting we  tag along with ISOC Finland /Affilias music night

Sébastien:No general meeting (Open mic, welcome opening...) then no hub either

Tijani BEN JEMAA:can't unmute myself

Glenn McKnight:Are we going to set up a  table for ALAC and Euralo literature?   Perhaps volunteers

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I am all for going out of the convention centre on the day we can use for outreach

Yesim Nazlar:Tijani unmuted now

Maureen Hilyard:If we can't get real people into the meeting, or even outside of the meeting, then we need to go virtual or provide newspaper articles or TV interviews and advertisements,  posters, etc so that we outreach beyong Helsinki as well

Maureen Hilyard:beyond

Alan Greenberg:Perhaps we can interrupt the music to have some outreach commercials.

Raitme Citterio:yes

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:good idea @Alan

Glenn McKnight:Olivier are you the point person?

Alan Greenberg:Not in the south.

Maureen Hilyard:No holiday in the southern hemisphere in July

Glenn McKnight:Olivier a general commerical isn't recruiting

Jacqueline Morris:Not so much in the Caribbean - June/July is far better than December to February

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:hearing me now ?

Sébastien:ANd not in South of Europe

Alan Greenberg:No

Harold Arcos:sound goes and comes,,,

Raitme Citterio:as part of lacralo, the absence of remote hubs for icann 56 placed at a disadvantage members Lacralo

Maureen Hilyard:Not hearing Dev..

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:yes, I'nm hearing everyone

Yubelkys:yes

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:oh Dear

Glenn McKnight:who is speaking?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:let olivier talk

Maureen Hilyard:STOP HIM

Glenn McKnight:lost him

Maureen Hilyard:I didn't mean it

Jacqueline Morris:Yes, Dev

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:and the catalogue of errors continues with me being dropped!

Ali AlMeshal:Maureen you have done a magic

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:this is quite incredible - gremlins at work

Yesim Nazlar:Olivier is now back, connected

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:back on the call :-)

Harold Arcos:My signal is horrible, I have drop off. I'll stay connected throught cellphone.

Harold Arcos:my apologies

Alan Greenberg:There is a beach about 2 km from the conventino centre. Perhaps we should go out there and outreach.

Yesim Nazlar:Thank you Harold for the heads up

Maureen Hilyard:We could have ALAC street corner "ghostbuskers" preaching the word of ICANN

Wolf Ludwig:Great idea, Alan ;-)

Alan Greenberg:"Outreach by the Sea"

Wolf Ludwig:Or Outreach for the seagulls?

Alan Greenberg:Starts sounding like Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds"

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Re Tijani's point re sunmmer vacation s in June  Of course that is not so in ou more southern climes ;-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):We er mid winter and not in vacation mode ;-)

Wolf Ludwig:That was exciting at least -- one of my favorite films ...

Janice Lange:i can't unmute

Jacqueline Morris:Cheryl, same as us in T&T

Jacqueline Morris:Not winter, but schools are still in exams, not holidays. The bad time is Christmas to Ccarnival

Yrjö Länsipuro:Apologies for not being prepared for this call.I had somewhow missed the invitation. I'm certainly going to drum people up potentially interest in an At Large outreach in Helsinki, once the day and time have been decided.

Yrjö Länsipuro:Leaving the call now

Jacqueline Morris:Bye Yrjo!

Yesim Nazlar:Thank for your participation Yrjö

Jacqueline Morris:Should outcome evaluation not be built in as part of the project process?

Nkem Nweke ( DigitalSENSE Africa ):It's  breaking I can't  hear well

Jacqueline Morris:Not penalise, but look at the report and the original proposed outcomes, and then buid best practices.

Ali AlMeshal:thanks to all

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):thx everyone  Bye for now

Jacqueline Morris:OK - thanks, bye

Maureen Hilyard:bye all

Nkem Nweke ( DigitalSENSE Africa ):Bye all