Attendees: 

Sub-group Members:   Avri Doria, Cherine Chalaby, David McAuley, Kavouss Arasteh, Liz Le, Robin Gross, Samantha Eisner, Sarah McGonigle

Staff:  Bernard Turcotte, Brenda Brewer

Apologies:  none

** If your name is missing from attendance or apology, please send note to acct-staff@icann.org **

Agenda

• Admin/SOI
  • Confirm language for Repose (Time for Filing) issue to go to public comment
  • Interim rules, and what we mean by ‘Interim’
  • Types of Hearings (I will set up the discussion based on my input and Malcolm’s and ask for comment)
  • Other issues – (translation, joinder)
  • AOB

Transcript

Recording

Raw Caption Notes*

*Note that these are the unofficial transcript. Official transcript will be posted 2-3 days after the call

Decisions

• Core text for Repose is accepted for public consultation as a first reading

Action Items: 

• DM – Will comment on  list regarding ICANN’s Interim Rules

Requests:

• Participants – should review the Translation email sent by Samantha Eisner for our next call and post any comments on list.
  • All should review SE’s Interim rules for the next call so we can approve this.

Next meetings: 

• Thursday 7 June 1900 UTC
  • Thursday 14 June 1900 UTC

Documents Presented 

Chat Transcript

13:41:47 From Brenda Brewer : Good day all! Welcome to IRP-IOT Meeting #40 on 31 May 2018 @ 19:00 UTC. Please note this meeting is recorded. Kindly mute when not speaking. Thank you.
14:00:38 From dmcauley : Could I ber heard just now
14:00:50 From Faith : yes
14:01:13 From dmcauley : thank you
14:01:14 From Bernard : hello all
14:02:17 From dmcauley : He3llo Cherine, welcome, I will speak up at 3 minutes past
14:02:25 From dmcauley : Hello, that is
14:02:41 From Bernard : We have our 5 participants David
14:02:44 From Avri Doria : was i heard?
14:02:58 From Bernard : Avri - yes
14:03:11 From Avri Doria : thanks
14:10:26 From Bernard : text which was read
14:10:27 From Bernard : Updated Supplementary Procedures for the Independent Review Process (IRP) were submitted for public comment on Nov. 28, 2016. The comment period closed on Feb. 1, 2017, and the staff report on the public comments was issued on August 2, 2017. The public comments submitted are available here. A number of public comments focused on Updated Supplementary Procedure #4, Time for Filing. That rule as proposed by the IRP Implementation Oversight Team (IOT), said this: 4. Time for Filing An INDEPENDENT REVIEW is commenced when CLAIMANT files a written statement of a DISPUTE. A CLAIMANT shall file a written statement of a DISPUTE with the ICDR no more than 45 days after a CLAIMANT becomes aware of the material affect of the action or inaction giving rise to the DISPUTE; provided, however, that a statement of a DISPUTE may not be filed more than twelve (12) months from the date of such action or inaction. In order for an IRP to be deemed to have been timely filed, all fees must be paid to the ICDR withi
14:11:23 From Bernard : no comments - no hands
14:31:19 From Bernard : Time check - 29 minutes left in call
14:32:25 From Cherine : This is good progress.
14:42:25 From samantha : We can recirculate the information that we previously provided on this
14:45:31 From Bernard : Time check - 15 minutes left in call
14:53:29 From Bernard : not purely voluntary
14:53:33 From samantha : There were consultations with the SO/ACs in putting together
14:57:08 From Avri Doria : ok with me, just wanted to understand
14:58:05 From Bernard : thanks all - have a good day
14:58:18 From Avri Doria : bye, thanks
14:58:19 From Robin : Thanks David and all, bye!

• No labels