Attendees: 

Sub-group Members:   Avri Doria, Cherine Chalaby, David McAuley, Kate Wallace, Liz Le, Malcolm Hutty, Samantha Eisner

Staff:  Bernard Turcotte, Brenda Brewer, Patrick Dodson

Apologies:  Kavouss Arasteh

** If your name is missing from attendance or apology, please send note to acct-staff@icann.org **

Transcript

Recording

Agenda

1. Intro/Attendance/SOIs;
  2. Time-for-Filing issue – status discussion
    1. Discussion and decision;
    2. Way forward.
  3. Review of revised IRP-IOT Report on Public Comments document
  4. Types of Hearings’ discussion 5. Next steps discussion:
    1. With respect to IRP-IOT Report on Public Comments document;
    2. With respect to public comments on non-rules matters;
    3. With respect to future non-rules work.
  5. AOB

Raw Caption Notes*

*Note that these are the unofficial transcript. Official transcript will be posted 2-3 days after the call

Decisions:

• (none)

Action Items:

• DM – Time for Filing – will review past record and post thinking to the list.
  • Dm – will provide suggestions for text for various USP’s

Requests:

• (none)

Documents Presented

Chat Transcript

Brenda Brewer: (2/22/2018 10:30) Good day all!  Welcome to "IRP-IOT Meeting #36 on 22 February 2018  @ 19:00 UTC.

Brenda Brewer: (10:30) When not speaking, please mute your phone by pressing *6 (star 6). To unmute, *7. This call is recorded.

Brenda Brewer: (10:30) Reminder to all, for captioning and transcription, please  state your name before speaking and speak slowly.  Thank you!

CART: (12:46) Hello!  Can  you please make me a host?  Also, who will be the Rapporteur for this meeting?

Brenda Brewer: (12:51) David McAuley is the Rapporteur today.

CART: (12:52) Thank you!

Brenda Brewer: (12:53) You're welcome.

Cherine Chalaby: (12:58) hi Everyone

Bernard Turcotte - ICANN: (12:58) Hello all

David McAuley: (12:59) Hello all I will speak up at top of hour - probably wait then for a few minutes to start

David McAuley: (12:59) Hi Cherine - welcome

David McAuley: (12:59) I am #4154 by the way

David McAuley: (13:00) start at 3 minutes past

avri doria: (13:12) it is concerned parties who put in minority stmts in most cases.

avri doria: (13:15) we have encouraged staff to particpate.  this is part of particpation.

Malcolm Hutty: (13:16) I share Sam's view that we should not merely post a redline but should give explanation of why  the change was made

Liz Le: (13:24)  DAVID McAULEY:  Thank you, Malcolm.  I have over time tried some workarounds, that really don't get any traction, so I too think we're at a position ready for second reading, and so the floor is open.And seeing or hearing no comments, I think we can accomplish second reading and then what we're going to do, I believe, is as we close issues, is we'll build our report based on how we close the issues.  And it's my belief that we will probably go out for a second round of public comments, and so Malcolm, as we write up this section, I may look to you to write that up, but we're not there yet.  

Liz Le: (13:25) this is the excerpt from the 12 June 2017 transcript on this discussion

Brenda Brewer 2: (13:28) scroll is on for all

avri doria: (13:33) thanks

Samantha Eisner: (13:47) We have a set time on the ICANN61 schedule for continuing the standing panel discussion: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__61.schedule.icann.org_meetings_641038&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=kbiQDH54980u4nTPfwdloDLY6-6F24x0ArAvhdeDvvc&m=Vz1_4IANXnb1JjFmkjuTHNdW3htGqQtf0IngJC64pF8&s=IyeX_irWlOK_di30AWN23FTXksiJynWeHSKBAKRo1G4&e=

Malcolm Hutty: (13:49) Thank you David

Cherine Chalaby: (13:49) Thank you David

avri doria: (13:50) bye

Bernard Turcotte - ICANN: (13:50) bye all

Malcolm Hutty: (13:50) Bye all

• No labels