New NCSG Chair: Farzaneh Badii
Councillors: Tatiana Tropina, Arsène Tungali, Ayden Férdeline (2-year terms), Martin Silva Valent (1-year term)
** For Candidate Statement: https://community.icann.org/x/fQwhB
** For list of members Checked-in: https://community.icann.org/x/fwwhB
The candidate nomination period runs 31 July - 13 August, and the voting takes place 21 August - September 3 for all positions.
Nominations of candidates, their acceptance and the required candidacy statement should all be made to the NCSG discuss list by the dates below to be effective.
*The following 5 NCSG positions are up for election this fall:*
- NCSG Chair, currently Tapani Tarvainen, not eligible for re-election;
- 2-year Council seat, currently Marilia Maciel, eligible for one more term;
- 2-year Council seat, currently Stefania Milan, eligible for one more term;
- 2-year Council seat, held by Martin Silva Valent as temporary replacement for Amr Elsadr, who resigned from the council;
- 1-year Council seat, held by Tatiana Tropina as temporary alternate for Edward Morris, who also resigned from the council.
*NCSG Election Schedule:*
- July 31: nomination period begins
- Aug 13: nomination period ends
- Aug 17: voter roll finalized, check-in ends
- Aug 18 : deadline for nomination acceptance
- Aug 19: deadline for candidate statements
- Aug 21: voting begins
- Sep 3: voting ends
- Sep 4: results announced
- Nov 3: term begins (last day of Abu Dhabi AGM)
Any member of the NCSG may nominate any NCSG active member either for the position of an NCSG GNSO Council Representative or for NCSG Chair.
Once nominated, the nominee is responsible for public acceptance of the nomination and for making a *public statement* that includes:
- Name, declared region of residence, gender and employment;
- Any conflicts of interest;
- Reasons for willingness to take on the tasks of the particular position;
- Qualifications for the position;
- Statement of availability for the time the position requires; and
- Optionally, any other information that the candidate believes is relevant.
** Also note that under the rules, no more than two (2) NCSG GNSO Council Representatives can be declared resident of the same geographic region as defined by ICANN, and there should be at least two of each gender.
The 2 continuing NCSG GNSO Councilors (those not up for election now) are from Asia Pacific & North America regions, one man, one woman.
** These terms all commence on 3 November (at the conclusion of the 2017 Annual ICANN Meeting in Hyderabad).
** All NCSG members will receive a separate email notice requesting "check-in" and verification of email address.
This is an election with ballots.
- The vote will be open from 21 August 2017 until 3 September 2017 23:59 UTC
- A ballot sent to each of the active members, which list will be closed on 20 August 2017 23:59 UTC
- This ballot will come from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Voters will need to select 4 council candidates and 1 NCSG Chair candidate.
- The council seats will be allocated so that 2-year terms will go to the three with highest vote counts and the 1-year term to the fourth, although regional and gender balance requirements may change the order.
- For the NCSG Chair, the candidate with the most votes will be elected.
The selection will not occur through acclamation.
2017 NCSG Election Candidates
I. 2017-2018 NCSG Chair
(1 to elect) 1-year term
|Farzaneh Badii||Ayden Férdeline||Yes||Yes||NA|
|Dorothy Gordon||Wisdom Donkor||No||NA||AF|
|Avri Doria||Raoul Plommer||No||NA||NA|
II. 2017 NCSG GNSO Representatives
(3 to elect) each 2-year terms and (1 to elect) 1-year term
|Marilia Maciel||Olévié Kouami||No||NA||Europe|
|Stefania Milan||Olévié Kouami||No||NA||Europe|
|Martin Silva Valent||Raoul Plommer||Yes||Yes||LAC|
|Ayden Férdeline||Milton Mueller||Yes||Yes||Europe|
|Arsène Tungali||Mamadou LO||Yes||Yes||Africa|
|Michael Karanicolas||Robin Gross||Yes||Yes||NA|
|Tatiana Tropina||Michael Oghia||Yes||Yes||Europe|