Sub-group Members: Alan Greenberg, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Sebastien Bachollet, Steve Del Bianco.
Staff: Patrick Dodson, Yvette Guigneaux – Shannon (captioner).
Apologies: Johan Helsingius, Jorge Villa, Herb Waye, Farzaneh Badii.
** If your name is missing from attendance or apology, please send note to email@example.com **
0. Call Admin and Roll Call / Apologies (2min-CLO ) Apologies
1. Welcome - Opening Remarks - Our aim and purpose for today's call (3-5 min-SDB, CLO)
2. Review (brief) of last meeting records here and any Action Items (5-10 min- SDB, CLO)
Refer here to our Google Doc and any list interaction on changes to draft text. As per email from Steve on Aug 6th where he advised to the list the following:
- ...a revised report that reflects consensus on our 3-Aug subgroup call:
- Added a clarifying note about ASO on page 3, to say we are only addressing their ICANN activities.
- Revised the Transparency Good Practice for publishing meeting records, on pages 6-7, regarding open and closed meetings. With that in place, we can remove the meeting records practice under “Participation”
- Revised the "Annual Report" good practice on page 6.
- We may need a note to clarify what we mean by “members”, but I don’t think so.
- SOAC ACCT REPORT, draft 3.2 The Google Doc version is available [docs.google.com].
- A redline comparing to our 29-Mar plenary draft[community.icann.org].
- The summary matrix of public comments (plus PDF), where Column E shows our response to the comment. (I think we should use this matrix to guide our comment response work on upcoming calls.)
- Please review and comment before our next call, on 10-Aug-2017."
3. Primary Agenda Item - Discussion (25-35 min SDB, FB)
- Review Public Comment documentation, and consideration of any amendments to our recommendations, from our last call and intersession list exchanges. Starting point for today can be text regarding Open and Closed Meetings.
- Please see this Document for reference on this item (to be displayed in the call)
4. Next Steps. Standing Item - (5 min- CLO, SB)
- CCWG still need to determine if any changes to our report are significant or not.
- If significant changes are recommended, CCWG-Accountability WS2 may require a second public consultation.
- If changes are not significant, CCWG-Accountability WS2 can forward final recommendations to Chartering Organizations for approval, and then to the ICANN Board for consideration and adoption. Noting the timeline and Key milestone dates.
- CCWG still need to determine if any changes to our report are significant or not.
5. AOB / Meeting Schedule (5 min- CLO)
- Thursday 17th @ 1300 UTC
- Thursday 24th @ 1900 UTC
- Thursday 31st @ 0500 UTC
Decisions, Action Items & Requests:
Raw Captioning Notes
Disclaimer: This rough edit transcript, which may contain missing, misspelled or paraphrased words, is only provided for your immediate review and is not certified as verbatim and is not to be cited in any way.
Yvette Guigneaux: (8/9/2017 14:27) Hi All and welcome all to the SO/AC Meeting #28 | Aug 2017 @ 05:00 UTC!
Yvette Guigneaux: (14:27) If you are not speaking, please mute your phone by pressing *6 (star 6). This call is recorded.
Yvette Guigneaux: (14:27) Reminder to all, please speak slowly and state your name before speaking for the Captioner.
Captioner: (21:46) Hello
Captioner: (21:49) Could you make me host please?
Yvette Guigneaux: (21:49) hi, one moment please
Captioner: (21:49) No worries.
Yvette Guigneaux: (21:50) there you go
Captioner: (21:50) Thank you.
Yvette Guigneaux: (21:50) what is your name?
Captioner: (21:50) Shannon
Yvette Guigneaux: (21:50) Hi Shannon, nice to meet you
Captioner: (21:51) You as well, Yvette.
Yvette Guigneaux: (21:53) See you loud and clear
Shannon - Captioner: (21:54) Excellent!
Steve DelBianco: (21:57) Yvetter -- we are going to look at this Google Sheet. https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_spreadsheets_d_1uAjMUtnaigi5-2DzSMGmmIbvFNcPxGQC0cMB-5Fa7XskQfI_edit-23gid-3D639129231&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=xjNMRR-fjlgBx7tqUEv8lZv2O9RJyMyqWkymcecegCUuwDxFVsW6VBuvkqKnS_lk&m=JdUp6HwwayZnBkIFReTRnPPyMANtlgQxJ_MEhXfBaL0&s=-S76FjhiDRoJd6nV9Ct9QB-WX8KQn_koiG0kcBSi810&e=
Steve DelBianco: (21:57) are you able to display this in Adobe, or shall I make a PDF ?
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:58) Just me comming back into audio
Yvette Guigneaux: (21:58) good to go Steve
Yvette Guigneaux: (21:58) ok Cheryl
Yvette Guigneaux: (21:58) you are popular today =)
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:58) I am Chairing another call
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:59) Sorry that was meant for my other call that keeps ringing me
Yvette Guigneaux: (22:00) no worries
Yvette Guigneaux: (22:01) Cheryl - the line is a bit muffled for you - just fyi
Sebastien (ALAC): (22:02) Dificult to understand you Cheryl
Sebastien (ALAC) 2: (22:04) Hello It is Sebastien Bachollet writing, I will be only by phine for the rest of the call - sorry for that.
Yvette Guigneaux: (22:04) reminder invite sent
Sebastien (ALAC) 2: (22:04) Hope it will work after I disconnect from Adobe
Yvette Guigneaux: (22:05) Sebastien is only on the phone currently
Yvette Guigneaux: (22:06) scrolling available if need be
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:07) Thx Yvette
Alan Greenberg: (22:08) WE really need to pass that wording by the ASO to make sure THEY beleive it addresses the issue.
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:08) Let's make that an AI then
Yvette Guigneaux: (22:11) yes
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:12) Sigh I had spoken but with mute on ;--) Yes and I was noting our thanks to Farzi for turning this table into a Google spreadsheet for our use
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:16) Happy for a screen share Yes
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:16) Much better Thx Yvette
Yvette Guigneaux: (22:17) yw
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:18) Be best if you just indicate if you wish to edit or embelish the ST Responses as listed so far as we go through
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:27) I dont see it as a Must catagory
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:28) agree Alan
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:35) AGreed
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:36) Just a reminder t say your names before each intervention people
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:38) But try to say your names ;-)
Yvette Guigneaux: (22:38) row 7 - on screen
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:40) for RT's not ACSO Reviews
Patrick Dodson: (22:41) Hello all, regarding the issue of broader accountability - With all respect to the current positions stated, and not intending to be argumentative, I’d pose the question in an analogy of “states vs federal” points of view and perspective on this issue.The question that the board is posing, is in effect, does the respective constituency (“state”, in this analogy), have any duty or responsibility as part of the greater community (the “federal” position of the collective “states” in the “union of ICANN”)?In other words, are we just “Texans, or new Yorkers,” or are we also “americans”? all apologies to those not based in the US for this analogy.
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:45) So I am back to saying NO as nicely as you care to
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:47) Delivery of reports are rarely delayed and usually have totally unrealistic time frames
Steve DelBianco: (22:48) AC/SOs move as quickly as they are able in the selection of team members. When it comes to Review Team members performing their work and delivering a report, we are not aware of any measures that would make their work more timely.
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:49) Steve the ACSO's hav no real influence ability to speed up of IN RT speed anyway
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:49) ICANN can resource RT's diiferently but that is NOT ACSO mandate
Steve DelBianco: (22:51) We are unable to identify any mechanism whereby AC/SO can inidvidually or collectively make their work more timely, in the selection of team members. performing their work, and delivering a report.
Steve DelBianco: (22:52) Yvette -- I am updating ht actual Google doc while we work
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:53) Naah just say No
Yvette Guigneaux: (22:53) copy that Steve
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:55) I doubt we need to go that far in our responses Patric but thanks I do see your point
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:56) Time Check 4 mins t end call
Patrick Dodson: (22:56) nope
Patrick Dodson: (23:00) "previous" hand
Patrick Dodson: (23:01) ;o)