You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 7 Current »

Attendees: 

Sub-group Members:   Alan Greenbreg, Arshad Mohammed, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Christopher Wilkinson, Farzaneh Badii, Fiona Asonga, Herb Waye, Jorge Villa, Kavouss Arasteh, Matthew Shears, Rosalia Morales, Sebastien Bachollet, Steve DelBianco

Observers/Guests:  Stephen Deerhake

Staff:  Bernie Turcotte, Brenda Brewer, Karen Mulberry, Nigel Hickson

Apologies:  Julf Helsingius, Erich Schweighofer. Mark Carvell

** If your name is missing from attendance or apology, please send note to acct-staff@icann.org **

Transcript

Recording

Agenda

0.  Call Administration 

1. Review of any AI's from call #20 on February 9th  

2. Any Updates:

3. Discussion, current DRAFT documentations readings and review. 

a) Data Capture documentation of input materials from SOAC's

4. Next Meeting and future Meeting schedule

• 23 February @ 05:00 UTC
    • 02 March @ 05:00 UTC
    • Other dates and times arranged by staff TBC

5. AOB and review of any AI's.  

Notes (including relevant parts of chat)

14 participants at start of call

0.  Call Administration 

Steve DelBianco: No updates to SOIs. No phone only.

1. Review of any AI's from call #20 on February 9th  

• see https://community.icann.org/x/XI3RAw

Farzaneh Badii: Review of the 3 aspects from last call.

2. Any Updates:

Steve DelBianco: Thanks for FB and TT for their drafting.

3. Discussion, current DRAFT documentations readings and review. 

a) Data Capture documentation of input materials from SOAC's

•            Here is the link to google doc : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O8giARUBR2qPNED7c-XbWVSZmtCbqE0HsXb5MPPhG5E/edit?usp=sharing[docs.google.com]

Steve DelBianco: Go to pages 13 to 16 of the document. Expect members of SOACs to comment. The GAC section has yet to be filled in and are looking forward to assistance from them to complete this. Also missing responses from the gNSO registrars and registries and looking for assistance for outreach for this. Action Item - TR to facilitate outreach.

Kavouss Arasteh: What is being requested of the GAC - the existing operating principles are in effect - and revisions are being considered.

Steve DelBianco: The GAC OP are will not provide enough material to meet the requirements of our report. discussion of processes and report.

Kavouss Arasteh: Does GAC still have to supply information to this group.

Steve DelBianco: We will be cleaning up this document in the next few days - once this is done we would appreciate you read the GAC sections and propose edits as necessary. what are the dates for getting a first reading by the plenary.

Bernard Turcotte: Missed the deadline for 22 February meeting. If there is a meeting on 1 March the due date is 22 February. If not the next meeting is the face to face on 10 March - for a first reading for that meeting it would be required for 3 March 23:59 UTC. The next meeting after Copenhagen is currently scheduled for 29 March requiring document for 22 March 23:59 UTC.

Steve DelBianco: If we want to move to a first reading we have to combine the three documents together and would ask everyone to please read the documents prior to the meetings to be ready for discussions. Any objections to consolidating the documents.

matthew shears: Wondering if there is value in adding an executive summary or concluding section that summarizes the recommendations?

Farzaneh Badii: yes Matt. that's a good idea and I think there is a template for that

Steve DelBianco: Thanks to MS for volunteering to draft the exec summary.

matthew shears: will do

Sebastien Bachollet: As rapporteur for the Ombudsman team would ask if there are any links from this group to our group?

Steve DelBianco:  IRP and challenging election etc decisions within SOACs or sub-groups. FB and I will prepare a first draft of the document and hope all will read it before the next meeting on the 23rd so all can be prepared to discuss.

4. Next Meeting and future Meeting schedule

•     23 February @ 05:00 UTC

•     02 March @ 05:00 UTC

•     Other dates and times arranged by staff TBC

5. AOB and review of any AI's.

(None)

Adjourned.

Documents Presented 

Chat Transcript

Brenda Brewer: (2/16/2017 06:40) Welcome all to the SO/AC Accountability Meeting #21 on 16 February 2017 @ 13:00 UTC!

Kavouss Arasteh: (06:43) Hi Farzaneh,

Kavouss Arasteh: (06:44) You may wish to follow the subject that you have raised sometime ago as it is now under hot debate

Kavouss Arasteh: (06:45) is under full bedate

Kavouss Arasteh: (06:46) Hi Olga, Welcome back to this group

Kavouss Arasteh: (06:52) Dear Brenda, HI,Is it possible that any doc. under discussion be shown on screed at appropriate time

Brenda Brewer: (06:55) Hi Kavouss, that is our intention and we follow the direction from the Rapportuers.

Kavouss Arasteh: (06:56) tks

Kavouss Arasteh: (06:57) Dear Rapporteurs, Dear Colleagues

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: (06:57) good day all

Kavouss Arasteh: (06:59) I am  one hand two fingers typing person, if mistakenly I use cap ,pls do not kindly interprete it as any intention otherwise than purely a mistake

Herb Waye Ombuds: (07:00) greetings all...

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: (07:00) and you wish me to correct this if I copy any chat in the notes Kavouss

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: (07:00) ?

Kavouss Arasteh: (07:00) Yes by all means with advance appreciation

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: (07:00) noted

Nigel Hickson: (07:01) good afternoon

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: (07:02) Please mute if not speaking

Kavouss Arasteh: (07:02) There is echo

Brenda Brewer: (07:02) Cheryl is muted.  Thanks!

Alan Greenberg: (07:02) The 703 number..active

Brenda Brewer: (07:08) scroll for all is on now

Farzaneh Badii: (07:17) yes I will do that Steve

Alan Greenberg: (07:23) Farzi seems to have addressed the questions in exactly the order they were asked. Not sure what confusion is.

Alan Greenberg: (07:24) Perhaps we just need a table of contents!

Farzaneh Badii: (07:24) I put that on Alan :)

Farzaneh Badii: (07:24) we have a table of content now

Alan Greenberg: (07:25) But not the sub-parts of P&P.

Farzaneh Badii: (07:25) I can do sub headings too

Kavouss Arasteh: (07:29)  Steve ,I may leave before the hour as I have another meeting already started

CW: (07:30) I am travelling on 10 march.

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: (07:31) 29 minutes left in call

matthew shears: (07:32) Wondering if there is value in adding an executive summary or conncluding section that summarizes the recommendaitions?

Farzaneh Badii: (07:32) yes Matt. that's a good idea and I think there is a template for that

matthew shears: (07:32) lol

Farzaneh Badii: (07:33) haha

matthew shears: (07:33) will do

Sebastien (ALAC): (07:37) Thanks Steve

Herb Waye Ombuds: (07:38) noted, thanks Sebastien and Steve

Farzaneh Badii: (07:38) Thanks eveyrone

matthew shears: (07:38) thanks!

Nigel Hickson: (07:38) thanks; enjoy Iceland

Brenda Brewer: (07:38) Thank you all for joining today's meeting!

• No labels