You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 5 Next »

Attendees: 

Sub-group Members: Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong, Adebunni Adeola Akinbo, Alberto Soto, Avri Doria, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Farzaneh Badii, Herb Waye, Klaus Stoll, Sivasubramanian Muthusamy

StaffBernard Turcotte, Karen Mulberry, Laena Rahim, Lars Hoffmann, Tristana Webster, Yvette Guigneaux

Apologies:  

** If your name is missing from attendance or apology, please send note to acct-staff@icann.org **

Transcript

• Word Doc  *Apologies for the delay

• PDF   *Apologies for the delay

Recording

Agenda

•Roll Call / Apologies – Welcome
•External review of the ICANN Ombuds Office
•Action Items
–AI#1 from Call IOO-DT #14
Tasks to be handle in // with review
–AI#2 from Call IOO-DT #14
Transparency & Ombudsmen Groups
–AI#3 from Call IOO-DT #14
Diversity
•Next meeting
–#16 Monday 06 February 2017
•AOB

Notes  (including relevant parts of chat):

Documents Presented

CCWG_WS2_DT_Ombuds_#15_V1.pdf

Chat Transcript

Yvette Guigneaux: (1/23/2017 09:00) Welcome all to the Ombudsman Subgroup Meeting #15 | 23 January @ 19:00 UTC!

Yvette Guigneaux: (09:00) To mute & unmute phone, please press *6

Farzaneh Badii: (10:54) Hi everyone, I can't activate the mic today. will be text only

Yvette Guigneaux: (10:55) ok Farzaneh, and hello to you  =)

Farzaneh Badii: (10:55) Hello Yvette. :)

Yvette Guigneaux: (10:55) Mr. Akinbo - good day, there is background noise coming from the line, so we may have to mute it - if you need to speak, press *6 to unmute

Yvette Guigneaux: (10:55) just wanted you aware

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong: (10:59) hello everyone et

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong: (10:59) bonsoir à tous

Yvette Guigneaux: (10:59) bonsoir

Herb Waye Ombuds: (11:00) Bonjour Hello

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: (11:00) hello all

Sebastien (ALAC): (11:02) ttps://community.icann.org/display/WEIA/Ombudsman

Farzaneh Badii: (11:04) Let me know what I should do with Jurisdiction Sebastien

Farzaneh Badii: (11:08) haha

Farzaneh Badii: (11:09) it's because I live here Seb!

Farzaneh Badii: (11:09) Is it ok if we spread the word about the opportunity ?

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: (11:09) yes this was ok'ed early on

Farzaneh Badii: (11:10) ok great thanks

Farzaneh Badii: (11:10) I will tweet it

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: (11:10) time is short!

Lars Hoffmann: (11:10) thank you, Sebastien and all!

Farzaneh Badii: (11:12) Complaints officer being in charge of this is a really bad idea

avri doria: (11:21) apologies, was cauht up in other stuff and lost track of time.

Alberto Soto: (11:22) Hello all, Sorry to be late!

avri doria: (11:22) i read, thanks

Alberto Soto: (11:22) Thanks Sebastien

Farzaneh Badii: (11:22) I think the transparency group should be a little more creative and not only focus on two solutions "ombuds" or "complaint officer" for resolving denial of requests

Farzaneh Badii: (11:23) and the value it should focus on in coming up with a solution, as Herb said is independence.

avri doria: (11:25) we also need for you to join a Staff Acct mtg at some point.

avri doria: (11:26) we can arrange a time for this topic.  The Ombuds does particpate already i think.

avri doria: (11:26) i think it i simperative that the Ombuds NOT recuse himself.

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: (11:27) Seb currently there is no call scheduled for the Transparency group prior to Copenhagen.

Herb Waye Ombuds: (11:28) agree entirely... please feel free to challange

avri doria: (11:28) While you cannot decide on what the community view is, you must keep us on track about what is possible and what is improbable.

Herb Waye Ombuds: (11:30) thanks Avri

avri doria: (11:31) In Staff Acct Document B there is a specifc questions about the role of the Ombuds vis a vis staff. <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_1UnkJuukv0px-2DCfIDgLrjdDZa2CpBvSahPvAXdYYTeHk_edit-3Fusp-3Dsharing-3F&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=xjNMRR-fjlgBx7tqUEv8lZv2O9RJyMyqWkymcecegCUuwDxFVsW6VBuvkqKnS_lk&m=2up5L4GWI_kXRCTSGAAKOBMvCgX6F2gIcoJ1vuNuUyU&s=exVbzYBnIJO9vuSXYuBdnOzdU4oRe6D70B_EDJf_PFc&e= > contributions from those in this group solicited and welcome. Document is open for comments and suggested text.

avri doria: (11:32) no need to be in Staff Acct group to comment or suggest text.

avri doria: (11:33) guess i should have waited for this section to comment

Herb Waye Ombuds: (11:36) Yes

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: (11:38) time check - 25 minutes left in call

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: (11:39) Good Faith

Sebastien (ALAC): (11:40) I may need to change the tittle?

Herb Waye Ombuds: (11:41) Guidelines Good Faith

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: (11:41) +1

Farzaneh Badii: (11:43) we need to get you an adobe cake Sebastien

Farzaneh Badii: (11:44) I just wanted to say we have just started talking about litigation

Farzaneh Badii: (11:44) I will update you as soon as something related to ombuds come up

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: (11:45) bye all

Alberto Soto: (11:45) Thanks, bye all!

Farzaneh Badii: (11:45) thank Seb . Bye all

Herb Waye Ombuds: (11:45) All the best everyone and Merci Seb, bon meeting

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (11:45) thanks bye

avri doria: (11:45) bye

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (11:46) good fortune to you all

Sivasubramanian M 2: (11:46) bye

• No labels