1) Your Name:
|2) Stakeholder Group:|
Intellectual Property (IPC)
4) ICANN Affiliation (if not covered by item 2 or 3):
GNSO Council (starting ICANN51)
5) Please identify your current employer(s):
University of Tasmania
6) Please identify your current position(s):
7) Please identify the type(s) of work performed:
University teaching and administration; legal research and publication
8) Please identify your declared country of primary residence (e.g., country to which you pay taxes):
9) Please list any financial relationship beyond de minimus stock ownership you may have with any company that to your knowledge has a financial relationship or contract with ICANN:
10) Do you believe you are participating in the GNSO policy process as a representative of any individual or entity, whether paid or unpaid?
|If the answer is “Yes,” please provide the name of the represented individual or entity. (If professional ethical obligations prevent you from disclosing this information, please enter "Private"):|
|11) Please identify any other relevant arrangements, interests, or benefits as requested in the following two questions:|
a) Do you have any type of material interest in ICANN GNSO policy development processes and outcomes?
If the answer is “yes,” please describe the material interest in ICANN GNSO policy development processes and outcomes:
I was employed from Aug 2011 to July 2012 by a back-end registry services provider to advise various new gTLD applicants in the preparation of a new gTLD application. In 2011 I completed a doctoral thesis on domain name law and policy; the resulting book was published by Kluwer Law International in 2013 and I receive royalties from the sale of the book. I periodically provide advice to new gTLD applicants. I have been asked by counsel for Amazon EU S.À.R.L to provide my opinion on various issues relating to international law and ICANN policy, and in particular relating to geographic names, arising in Amazon’s Request for Independent Review before the International Centre for Dispute Resolution.
b) Are there any arrangements/agreements between you and any other group, constituency or person(s) regarding your participation as a work team member?
If the answer is “yes,” please describe the arrangements/agreements and the name of the group, constituency, or person(s):
12) Please identify any Working Groups or other chartered teams in which you are participating (include acronyms, if applicable):
13) Additional Information (optional):
During 2015 and extended through 2016, I am on leave from Australian Catholic University, at which I am employed as an Associate Professor.
14) Page last revised:
SOI Template v5 (6 Feb 2014)