Attendees: 

Sub-group Members:   David McAuley, Edward Morris, Greg Shatan, Leon Sanchez, Michael Abejuela   (5)

Guests:  Thomas Rickert

Staff:  Bernard Turcotte, Brenda Brewer, Nathalie Vergnolle

Apologies:  

** If your name is missing from attendance or apology, please send note to acct-staff@icann.org **

Transcript

Recording

Agenda

1. Welcome and roll call

2. Review of pending requests

3. Review of answers received in regard to Ombudsman subgroup

4. AOB

Notes (including relevant portions of the chat)

• Leon Sanchez:Review of the response from ICANN Legal regarding the Ombudsman question.
  • David McAuley: seems a good combination of legal and practical thinking.
  • Ed Morris: Never thought this was a legal question - more of a policy question which could be asked of the plenary given the low participation in that sub-group (which could in effect be considered capture).
  • Greg Shatan: I am screenpeeping without audio.
  • Michael Abejuela (ARIN): Yes agree with Ed, perhaps not quite a legal question but does pose a policy question.  So I see no problem with forwarding ICANN legal's response to the subgroup.  No objection on my end.
  • Thomas Rickert: The solution is not to limit the two ombudsmen's participation, but to make the work sufficiently attractive so that more folks join.
  • Leon Sanchez: Action Item - I will be forwarded to the Ombudsman sub-Group with the note regarding this possibly being a policy question for the plenary.
  • David McAuley: What is our role when the responses which should be handled diligently - if we do not have a meeting the next day we should deal with it on list?
  • Leon Sanchez: Replies should be vetted to see if the answer is reasonable and that responses from ICANN Legal do not have any bias.
  • David McAuley: Good point. We still need to find a way to deal with the quickly.
  • Leon Sanchez: True - if we do not have a meeting scheduled very soon after recieving a response we should proceed via the list. No other business - Adjourned.

Action Items:

• Leon Sanchez: Action Item - I will be forwarded to the Ombudsman sub-Group with the note regarding this possibly being a policy question for the plenary.

Documents Presented   

Chat Transcript

Brenda Brewer:Good day all and welcome to Legal Committee Meeting #2 on 1 December 2016 @ 16:00 UTC!

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support:good day all

Thomas Rickert:Hi all!

Edward Morris:That's great Leon.

Leon Sanchez 2:thanks Ed :-)

Edward Morris 2:Sad but reasonable.

Leon Sanchez 2:indeed Ed

Leon Sanchez 2:and I thanks you very much for taking the time to attend this call

David McAuley:Sorry late - dialing in

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support:bye all

David McAuley:i am 4154

Edward Morris 2:I'll need a call out +44 74xx xxx xx

David McAuley:I apologize for being late

Michael Abejuela (ARIN):My apologies for the delay in hopping on the call

Thomas Rickert:All good, Michael! Welcome!

Brenda Brewer:Calling you Edward

David McAuley:none that I am aware of

Edward Morris 2:Got it Brenda. Thanks.

Greg Shatan:I am screenpeeping without audio.

Michael Abejuela (ARIN):Yes agree with Ed, perhaps not quite a legal question but does pose a policy question.  So I see no problem with forwarding ICANN legal's response to the subgroup.  No objection on my end.

David McAuley:nice term, screenpeeping

Thomas Rickert:The solution is not to limit the two ombudsmen's participation, but to make the work sufficiently attractive so that more folks join.

David McAuley:+1 @Thomas

Edward Morris 2:That would be great Thomas, if we can do it.

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support:done

Edward Morris 2:Sounds great Leon.

David McAuley:Sounds good

David McAuley:none here

Michael Abejuela (ARIN):none here either

Edward Morris 2:Thanks Leon, all

David McAuley:thanks all, good bye

Michael Abejuela (ARIN):Thanks everyone, have a great weekend!

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support:bye all

• No labels