Sub-group Members:  Alberto Soto, Avri Doria, Beth Bacon, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Chris LaHatte, Farzaneh Badii, Herb Waye, Klaus Stoll, Sebastien Bachollet.  (9)


Staff:  Brenda Brewer, Karen Mulberry, Laena Rahim, Yvette Guigneaux.  (4)



** If your name is missing from attendance or apology, please send note to **




Roll Call / Apologies – Welcome – Opening Remarks

Action Items from our last call #8

Prep of the next WS2 plenary (Oct 4, 2016)

Review of our document

Next meeting #10 – Oct 10, 2016



Action Items from our last call #8
Update from Leadership Prep Call
1. Discussion on ATRT response from the Board regarding ATRT3 and WS2 overlap. Will continue progress of the work.
2. Question on PTI

Prep of the next WS2 plenary (Oct 4, 2016)
Appears that work will not be completed by Hyderabad and will focus on having the report for Copenhagen. Intend to show progress during Hyderabad meeting
Review of our document
Reviewed draft report and materials that have been added based on the discussions.

ACTION ITEM: Need those who have signed up as participants to start working on the draft document and contributing to the work,per their commitment as being a participant to the group.

Question - what is the mandate of the group - discussion compare the definition of the work of the Ombudsman and compare with what needs to be done, and take on board the ATRT2 recommendation and do a review of the office of the Ombudsman. Group will do a review maybe not like an ATRT review but wiki cover the main elements of the position. Suggestion to add the scope to the document.
Also Chris LaHatte noted Herb made a useful suggestion about getting Andre Marin to do the review, is this still an option? I think someone of his standing would be most useful. Discussion maybe a little early to take for Plenary discussion regarding funding and support to have Andre Marin conduct a review of the office of Ombudsman. A strong case for consideration to get funding to support subgroups request. Group polled to see level of support for request for outside consultant to do review of Ombudsman Office for the group. Group supported having the request noted and sent to the Co-Chairs for possible consideration at today's Plenary.

ACTION ITEM: Co-Chairs to be contacted by Rapporteurs regarding request for funding to support outside review of the Ombudsman office

Next meeting #10 – Oct 10, 2016

Nothing noted.

Meeting closed by the Rapporteur.

Documents Presented



Chat Transcript

  Yvette Guigneaux:  Welcome to the Workstream 2 - Ombudsman Subgroup Meeting #9, Monday, 3 October @ 19:00 UTC!

  Herb Waye Ombuds:  Bonjour tout le monde

  Avri Doria:  chickens? food, pets or agriculture?

  Alberto Soto:  Hello all!

  Herb Waye Ombuds:  I just came in from cleaning my horses' hooves

  Avri Doria:  on AUS outback stories

  Herb Waye Ombuds:  Totally... it is called being grounded

  Avri Doria:  when i lived on Kibbutz, i was part of the crowd that gathered the chickens to send   

  to slaughter.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):  as long as they lived ha[[y...

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):  You should be at slide 7

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):  Thx  for uploading new doc

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):  I assume it needds to be unsynched

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):  Thx

  Yvette Guigneaux:  You should be able to scroll now Cheryl

  Farzaneh Badii:  what's the mandate of our group Sebastien?

  Chris LaHatte:  herb made a useful suggestion about getting Andre Marin to do the review, is

  this still an option? I think someone of his standing would be most useful

  Chris LaHatte:  to Cheryl, yes

  Herb Waye Ombuds:  I don't know how to put up a green check???

  Farzaneh Badii:  :  )

  Farzaneh Badii:  Bye all

  Herb Waye Ombuds:  good bye all

  Chris LaHatte:  cheers!

  Alberto Soto:  Bye, bye!!!

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):  Thx everyone  and goodbye





  • No labels