Apologies: Bastiaan Goslings, Paul Twomey.
**Please let Brenda know if your name has been left off the list (attendees or apologies).**
The Adobe Connect recording is available here: https://icann.adobeconnect.com/mssi-projects/
The audio recording is available here:
Roll call, absentees, SoIs, etc
2. Final Discussion on: Summary on what was agreed and discussed on human rights during WS1 (attached and here:
3. General Discussion & Q&A on Ruggie Principles and Ruggie FIFA report (attached and here:
4. Discussion on: Analysis of Ruggie Principles for ICANN – Short presentation by Drafting Volunteers https://docs.google.com/document/d/10XMIVosuEfgmXwr7SQjeNLKI8r_hdONrJNV2ih72V80/edit
SOI changes and updates, concerns with process and procedures for group and with ICANN - Annex 6 procedures
2. Final Discussion on: Summary on what was agreed and discussed on human rights during WS1
2nd reading - No comments recieved on the list, asked for comments from participants on the call. no comments, proposed agreed document and accept it as is. Indication from participants that they support using the document as drafted.
3. General Discussion & Q&A on Ruggie Principles and Ruggie FIFA report
Discussion of the Ruggie Principles and concerns raised during WS1 and how they apply to ICANN and if they can be applied to ICANN. Need to look at framework for applicaiton , note that 1) we still are waiting for the assessment of the meaning of the HR commitment being a "core value"; 2) Last week we agreed to look into the Ruggie Principles, one by one: please let us do so, without making absolute claims as to their relevance. Might be a good idea to discssion the iprincipels one by one for applicablibity and applicaiton. Principels 1 through 10 apply to member states so would not apply to ICANN as ICANN does not have a state role. Sshould start with Principle 11 to determine if apply's to ICANN.In response to a question the Ruggie Principles appear to apply to corporations who are governed/owned by a state, which is different that the role of ICANN which could make them a bad fit to apply to ICANN.
Conclude that ICANN is not a state, ICANN may not be a clear cut organziation that the principles apply. Need to go ahead with the drafting team to have them analyze the appropriate princples as they may apply to ICANN
4. Discussion on: Analysis of Ruggie Principles for ICANN – Short presentation by Drafting Volunteers
Report from the drafting team
1. Drafting team to analyze the appropriate Ruggie princples as they may apply to ICANN
2, Add to the agenda for next meeting the process and procedures to use (PDP) for ICANN hman rights