Yesim Nazlar:Welcome to the APRALO ICANN57 Activities Call taking place on Thursday, 25 August 2016 at 05:30 UTC

Yesim Nazlar:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/FRCsAw

siranush vardanyan:Yesim, can u hear me through computer audio?

siranush vardanyan:testing

siranush vardanyan:yes

siranush vardanyan:i tried to connect through computer to audio

Yesim Nazlar:well you're already on the dial out list, but did you click on the telephone icon and choose "connect my audio" with computer microphone?

siranush vardanyan:yes, i did that

siranush vardanyan:i just wanted try this time this way to see if it works:)_

Yesim Nazlar:and you're sure that your computer/laptop's speakers/microphones are on?

Yesim Nazlar:our operator didn't hear you either :(

siranush vardanyan:ok, then will wait for dial out:)

Yesim Nazlar:sure :)

Yesim Nazlar:Welcome Maureen!

Yesim Nazlar:we'll start dial-outs in 2-3mins

Maureen Hilyard:Hi Yesim and Siranush...boo hoo!

Silvia Vivanco:Hello Maureen

Maureen Hilyard:We are still trying to get used to no more meetings with Siranush.

siranush vardanyan:ah, Mauren, don't make me cry

siranush vardanyan:hi, Silvia

siranush vardanyan:hello, dears

Silvia Vivanco:Hello Siranush

Silvia Vivanco:Welcome Heidi

Maureen Hilyard:Hi Kaili

Maureen Hilyard:This is my 3rd meeting today. Im lucky to have been able to squeeze in some work time.

siranush vardanyan:i am in the office, trying to show as if I am working :)

siranush vardanyan:wait for dial out to talk

Ali AlMeshal:Hi all

Amal Al-saqqaf/ISOC-Yemen:Hi

Pavan Budhrani:hello all! :)

Kaili Kan:Hi, Maureen, also my 3rd meeting today ...   : (

siranush vardanyan:hi, Pavan and Amal, good to see you at this call

siranush vardanyan:hi, Ali

Silvia Vivanco:Welcome Pavan and Amal

Maureen Hilyard:Yesim.. Kelvin is here too (for staff)

Silvia Vivanco:Welcome Kelvin

Kelvin Wong:hi all, just joined

Yesim Nazlar:thanks Maureen

siranush vardanyan:hi, Kelvin, great you can join us, we need your support in Hyderabad :)

Yesim Nazlar:Welcome Kelvin!

Kelvin Wong:Thanks :)

Satish Babu:Hi Kelvin

siranush vardanyan:yes, we can hear your sexy voice, Gisella :)))

Maureen Hilyard:Might Sunday be a better day - without social events ?? But there is usually something happening every night..

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I agree  Maureen the Sunday makes sense ti me

Ali AlMeshal:+1 Maureen

Maureen Hilyard:And if we set it up in the programme early, it may give us that slot free from other events

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Indeed Maureen

siranush vardanyan:+1 Maureen

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Sigh

Heidi Ullrich:Given the likely lack of opportunities for people across AC/SOs to meet for drinks/networking at hotels, perhaps the showcase could offer a mix of finger food, networking and a bit of celebration.

Maureen Hilyard:How much from ICANN again?

Maureen Hilyard:We want to know how much to ask from our regional sponsors

Heidi Ullrich:The longer the Showcase, the higher the likely cost if drinks and food are served the entire time.

Gisella Gruber:Showcase noted for Sunday 6th November from 18:30-20:00 (possibly 18:45 start to allow for people to arrive from meetings - TBC closer to the time)

siranush vardanyan:as we agreed earlier, we plan cathering for 150 people, right?

Heidi Ullrich:One possible option is to see if a joint APRALO/Civil Society networking/showcase might be possible.

siranush vardanyan:as soon as Gisella will be able to provide prices, we can estimate how much we can ask for sponsorship - hopefully DotAsia will cover our catering again, but need to finalise the price first and then go for Pavan's support :)

siranush vardanyan:to clarify with DotAsia

Gisella Gruber:@ Siranush - quote for 150 pax requested for a 60 minute slot

siranush vardanyan:yes

siranush vardanyan:+1 Holly

Maureen Hilyard:agree Holly - lets get the quote first

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yup agree

Gisella Gruber:I will chase the catering quote and I am sure we will have fairly soon

Gisella Gruber:@ All - just got an email come through! Give me a second to put in USD :-)

Maureen Hilyard:Satish. do you have a local contact in Hyderabad who might be able to be a resource person for us - with regards to cultural, non-food items

Silvia Vivanco:what about artistic performance ?

Heidi Ullrich:Perhaps something related to Diwali - lights festival. It will be on around the time of the ICANN Meeting.

Heidi Ullrich:See: http://www.diwali2016.in/

Holly Raiche:?How havewe organised things before?  First - I think we'd like a cultural event - dancing?  And then small favours?

Heidi Ullrich:A dance training would be fun :)

Heidi Ullrich:Are the capacity building sessions focused only on the Indian ALSes? Who will decide the course?

Gisella Gruber:Catering: Drinks = 2200 INR (33 USD) & Canapes, 4pp = 1350 INR (20 USD) to total approx USD 53 per person + 20% tax

siranush vardanyan:i like diwali celebrartion as well

Gisella Gruber:Will put together budget table and circulate to list to include the above approximates

siranush vardanyan:diwali celebration sounds interesting as well

Silvia Vivanco:Thank you G

siranush vardanyan:diwali clebration sounds interesting too

siranush vardanyan:something wrong with my computer, sorry

Heidi Ullrich:Perhaps you could work closely with Betsy who leads ICANN Learn to build a course they can also do online (as pre-work or homework).

siranush vardanyan:so, based what Gisella said, catering will cost about 65 USD per person (including taxes) and for 150 people it makes 9750 USD

Silvia Vivanco:Thanks for the calculation

Kelvin Wong:@Heidi - there's a course we worked with Betsy on for the APAC academy in Seoul - http://learn.icann.org/courses/apigp. Can further customise based on that if nec, for capacity building.

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Kelvin. Great idea.

Maureen Hilyard:@Kelvin - We could introduce our ALSes to the APAC academy and the course

siranush vardanyan:Kelvin, great idea indeed

Kaili Kan:catering for 65 USD per person, it is really expensive ...

siranush vardanyan:it is Kaili :( so we will have only 1200USD from iCANN, the rest should be sponsored

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Excellent Idea Heidi   the middle of the day option

Ali AlMeshal:I agree with Heidi

Heidi Ullrich:At-Large lunch slots are often either open, or are taken for specialized meetings. So, a working lunch might a good slot for the capacity building sessions.

siranush vardanyan:do we have funds for organizing working lunches for capacity buildings, Heidi?

Heidi Ullrich:@Siranush, they would need to get their lunch beforehand.

siranush vardanyan:ah, I got it

Silvia Vivanco:There are 2 Ambassadors

siranush vardanyan:that is a challenge

siranush vardanyan:i do not think that we should keep these two fellows a part from the general capacity building sessions organized for Indian NGOs

Maureen Hilyard:I can ask the outreach and engagement team on Monday at our next meeting - about NGO and university outreach

Heidi Ullrich:Isn't the Indian Capacity building session outreach/intreach combined?

Heidi Ullrich:We also have the NextGen students

Maureen Hilyard:Satish could you come to the O&E meeting and tell them about this possible visit?

Maureen Hilyard:Yes there is a really large group of Next Gen students..

Maureen Hilyard:They will be coming to us.. that would be even better

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:and the On-Boarding Group  

Maureen Hilyard:And we are not having to battle with traffic in Hyderabad getting from one place to another

Heidi Ullrich:@Cheryl, you taught me well. ;)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr::-)

Heidi Ullrich:Staff will be bringing many APRALO brochures in EN and Hindi

Holly Raiche:@ Heidi - we do have material about APRALO already?

Heidi Ullrich:indeed we do

Holly Raiche:Agree with Maureen - we always have at least a couple of speakers - the COE, the Chair and maybe sponsors before the actual event

Holly Raiche:sorry 0 CEO - in which case, we have to get this into the diary of both

Heidi Ullrich:Perhaps we could have someone speak about APRALO, what it does and how to join :) . Also, perhaps a few volunteers to be at the the Lounge/Newcomer's booth to answer questions on APRALO.

Kaili Kan:Regarding sponsorship, I can check with ISC, but it is not promising.

Maureen Hilyard:Kaili you don't have to see them just yet. Wait until we are more organised, and we can possibly make them an offer that they can't refuse.. :)

siranush vardanyan:sometimes I will be in the newcomers booth and can support in covering the info about APRALO:)

Holly Raiche:Agree with Heidi - we can have the APRALOExec - and whoever want so (all wearing red) and maybe Satish - asour leader (and maybe Siranush as our past chair)

siranush vardanyan:i will have a lot of red with me to be a part of APRALO

Kaili Kan:It is mostly due to internal regulations.

Maureen Hilyard:We understand

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes  my Red theme will be being packed as well

Heidi Ullrich:Red buttons - Ask me about APRALO :)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:well *one of them*

Maureen Hilyard:I like the red buttons idea

Holly Raiche:I still have my red badge

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Buttons  can be cost effective yes  (as can a simple sticker system

Maureen Hilyard:We need more of them out in the community

siranush vardanyan:i like red button with "Ask me about APRALO":)

Silvia Vivanco:That was very nice yes Siranush!

Silvia Vivanco:if we have a critical mass from APRALO we can have something to identify APRALO members

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:All gods then  Bye for now 2 weeks  -> Sure

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, All!

Maureen Hilyard:Two weeks is good - we can feedback about O&E group, etc

Kelvin Wong:Thanks all!

Kaili Kan:Bye!

Amal Al-saqqaf/ISOC-Yemen:Thanks all!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Bye

siranush vardanyan:bye all

Ali AlMeshal:bye

Maureen Hilyard:Bye all

• No labels