You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 8 Current »

Attendees: 

Members:  Avri Doria, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Greg Shatan, Jonathan Robinson, Lise Fuhr, Maarten Simon, Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Seun Ojedeji, Paul Kane, Wanawit Ahkuputra   (10)

Participants:  Chuck Gomes, Jian Zhang, Jordan Carter, Kavouss Arasteh, Martin Boyle, Mary Uduma, Matthew Shears, Sabine Meyer, Young-eum Lee    (9)

Legal Counsel:  Rebecca Grapsas, Sharon Flanagan

Staff:  Berry Cobb, Brenda Brewer, Yuko Green, Trang Nguyen, Samantha Eisner, Marika Konings

Apologies:  Andrew Sullivan, Eduardo Diaz

**Please let Brenda know if your name has been left off the list (attendees or apologies).**

Agenda

1. Status Update (Chairs)
  2. Implementation Update (Staff)
  3. Key Issues (with Sidley)
    • PTI Articles of Incorporation
    • PTI Governance Documents
      • Conflict of Interest Policy
      • Board Code of Conduct
      • Expected Standard of Behavior
      • PTI Bylaws (including Annex C)
      • Naming Functions Agreement
      • Services Agreement (headers now available)
      • IANA IPR
  4. Client Committee
  5. AOB

Notes

1. Status Update

·  Grace Abuhamad is departing ICANN, Yuko Green to step in for CWG support

2. Implementation Update

·  RZERC member qualification criteria has been agreed within IOTF e-mail list

ACTION (ICANN): Circulate the RZERC qualification to CWG mail list

·  PTI documents review process and  timeline have been shared by Trang Nguyen

·  PTI documents are; Articles of Incorporation, Conflict of Interest Policy, Board Code of Conduct, Expected Standard 
of Behavior, Bylaws, Naming Functions Agreement, Subcontracting Agreements, and Services Agreement.

·  CWG's role in document review is to ensure that the implementation actions maintain the integrity of the CWG Proposal

3. Key Issues

·  PTI Expected Standards of Behavior document was created as a direct response to NTIA's report

·  Though PTI will not have ICANN style meetings, there will be unique points of interaction with PTI where PTI should 
be clearly governed by the Expected Standards of Behavior document.

·  Sidley has no major comments or controversial edits on either Conflict of Interest Policy or Code of Conduct documents.

ACTION (ICANN Legal): Review Sidley's comments on 3 governance documents and bring version 2 documents to CWG for review

Chairs note: ICANN / CWG will need to agree how version 2 documents are incorporated e.g. will they be submitted to the public comment forum on the 3 governance documents?

ACTION (CWG): Review the recirculated Annex C table before the next CWG meeting/s

Chairs note: Next meeting/s expected to review CWG public comment input on PTI Bylaws and discuss initial input from Sidley on PTI contracts (Naming Functions Agreement and Intercompany Agreement)

5. AOB

·  DT-O met on 20 July and work is progressing. they will provide status update to CWG.

·  DT-A's meeting will occur on 21 July at 2100 UTC and CWG is invited.

·  CWG may require a meeting on Tuesday 26 July and confirmation of the timing for the Thursday 28 July meeting is also required. Chairs will give notice asap to CWG

ACTION (Chairs): Confirm next meeting/s date and time

Action Items

• ACTION (ICANN): Circulate the RZERC qualification to CWG mail list
  • ACTION (ICANN Legal): Review Sidley's comments on 3 governance documents and bring version 2 documents to CWG for review
  • ACTION (CWG): Review the recirculated Annex C table before the next CWG meeting/s
  • ACTION (Chairs): Confirm next meeting/s date and time

Transcript

Recordings

Documents

Chat Transcript

Brenda Brewer: (7/21/2016 00:37) Good day all and welcome to CWG IANA Meeting #84 on 21 July 2016 @ 06:00 UTC!

Lise Fuhr: (00:55) Hello all from a very warm Brussels

Kavouss Arasteh: (00:58) Hello to everybody

Chuck Gomes (RySG): (00:59) Hi

Jordan Carter (.nz): (00:59) hello all

Paul Kane: (01:00) Morning

martin boyle, Nominet: (01:01) Mornin'

Matthew Shears: (01:01) morning

Greg Shatan: (01:01) Night.

Yuko Green: (01:01) All, we will get started in about 2 minutes

Avri Doria: (01:01) for onece i am in morning on an middle of the night call.

Lise Fuhr: (01:02) @Greg it is all a matter of perspective

Lise Fuhr: (01:02) :-)

Jordan Carter (.nz): (01:02) is there any audio right now? If there is I have broken my headset and need to fix

Avri Doria: (01:02) i do not hear anything now, but did

Mary Uduma: (01:02) Good morning All from Nigeria

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (01:02) Hi all  I will only be in AC  today as I am on 2 calls and in 2 AC rooms at once

Avri Doria: (01:03) i hate having to do that

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (01:03) yup tell e about it!

Greg Shatan: (01:08) jcall just dropped

Greg Shatan: (01:09) I'm back.

Avri Doria: (01:09) NTIA absorbs another?  congrat to them, and to her.

Matthew Shears: (01:09) yes, thanks so much Grace - you're a star

Jordan Carter (.nz): (01:09) Congrats Grace!

Jordan Carter (.nz): (01:09) a real loss for ICANN

Greg Shatan: (01:09) You get dropped from a call for one minute and the whole world goes to heck!

Paul Kane: (01:09) Agree - 100%.  Outstanding contribution Grace.  Thank you and good luck in your new role

Jordan Carter (.nz): (01:10) and a real gain for NTIA :-)

Greg Shatan: (01:10) Congratulations, Grace (not sure on what...)

Avri Doria: (01:10) and Welcome + good luck to Yuko.

martin boyle, Nominet: (01:10) Fully agreed.  USG's win, ICANN's loss

Mary Uduma: (01:11) will miss Grace but Congratulations

Kavouss Arasteh: (01:11) Grace, we all missed you , your contributions, your endulgence, your patience and your high quality

Jordan Carter (.nz): (01:13) :)

Yuko Green: (01:14) @Avri, thank you!

Jordan Carter (.nz): (01:15) Go well Yuko

Yuko Green: (01:18) @Jordan, thank you!

Matthew Shears: (01:21) yes, congratz Yuko

Jordan Carter (.nz): (01:25) is a different way to say Paul's question: who owns the document? the CWG or ICANN staff?

Paul Kane: (01:25) Yes - that is what I am asking - Thanks jordan

Matthew Shears: (01:25) hopefully the CWG

Paul Kane: (01:25) What are we doing here... if ICANN review comments and then manke changes

Matthew Shears: (01:26) + 1 Lise

Kavouss Arasteh: (01:27) What is the life time of CWG?D

Jordan Carter (.nz): (01:27) I am just asking for clarity, that's all Lise - not asking for anything :-)

Mary Uduma: (01:27) +1Lise

Jordan Carter (.nz): (01:27) (other than clarity!)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (01:27) Indeed Lise

Kavouss Arasteh: (01:27) PLS REPLY TO MY QUESTION

Jonathan Robinson: (01:27) Integrtity of the implementation is key.

Yuko Green: (01:27) everybody can scroll/zoom

Jordan Carter (.nz): (01:28) I'm sure if staff end up finalising things that aren't consistent with teh report, the CWG will say so, so in effect I think the group de facto owns the docs

Lise Fuhr: (01:28) @Kavouss when the implemtation is completed the CWG has no longer a purpose

Lise Fuhr: (01:29) Implementation

Paul Kane: (01:29) Jordan, I agree but I think that needs to be made clear  as the info I hear is the we CWG have no control of the  Integrity....

Jonathan Robinson: (01:29) ATrang. THese two new documents on Process and Work Plan are helpful illustrations of activity.

Chuck Gomes (RySG): (01:29) To ensure CWG recommendations are implemented as proposed and intended, the CWG or at least some subset of it should continue functioning until implementation is completed.

Matthew Shears: (01:29) agree Chuck

Matthew Shears: (01:29) possibly the IOTF

Paul Kane: (01:30) Agree Chuck - IOTF is being wound up

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (01:30) yes Chuck in the style of other Implementation Teams of recent times

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (01:31) I admit the IOTF does make sense

Jonathan Robinson: (01:33) We coudl readily reconvene the IOTF. We are currently not using the IOTF since there is a need for regular CWG meetings and the IOTF meetings would have been duplicative.

Greg Shatan: (01:35) ASO is an ICANN structure, so it (technically) would not be the ASO.  It could be the NRO or the RIRs.

Greg Shatan: (01:37) As drafted. the parties to the Naming Functions Agreement are ICANN and PTI.

Avri Doria: (01:40) but Seun has a point CWG is the part of ICANN that represents the naming OC

Jonathan Robinson: (01:40) Seun makes a good point.

Jonathan Robinson: (01:40) Note also that the doucments are subject to public comment.

Kavouss Arasteh: (01:42) pLS CLEARLY DEFINE WHO IS OPERATION COMMUNITY DEALING WITH naming

Avri Doria: (01:43) That is the point, ICANn has done the Implementation, we have only been commenting.  And the fact that there is a public comment is significant.

Kavouss Arasteh: (01:43) pls answer my question

Kavouss Arasteh: (01:44) Please clearly define who is the operational community dealing for naming

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (01:45) exactly Avri

Matthew Shears: (01:45) agree Avri

Avri Doria: (01:54) can it be changed to 'any scheduled meetings'

Paul Kane: (01:54) Agree Sharon

Paul Kane: (01:54) Many people do not attend ICANN

Samantha Eisner: (01:54) Attendance at meetings is a similar obligation to those, for exxample, who serve on the CWG to regularly attend teh meetings that they have been named as members in order to attend

Samantha Eisner: (01:55) Even in the ICANN realm, it's not just about attending ICANN's public meetings

Paul Kane: (01:55) I think there is a small confusion - it is not expected that customers of PTI attend meetings (ICANN)

Samantha Eisner: (01:55) We think that consensus items are important for the working groups that will be making key recommendations

Samantha Eisner: (01:56) @Paul, I fully agree with you - there is no expectation that customers of PTI are expected to attend either PTI or ICANN meetings

Paul Kane: (01:56) Thanks Sam

Samantha Eisner: (01:57) However, if there is a person who is named as a representative to a PTI-related group (CSC, etc), they'd be expected to attend those meetings

Paul Kane: (01:57) Agree

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (02:04) today for some of us Chuck ;-)

Jonathan Robinson: (02:05) What time is the SLE meeting?

Jonathan Robinson: (02:06) 21h00 UTC today

Trang Nguyen: (02:06) Thank you, Jonathan!

Jordan Carter (.nz): (02:06) thanks all

Matthew Shears: (02:06) bye

Maarten Simon: (02:06) bye

Trang Nguyen: (02:06) Thank you, All! Bye!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (02:06) good call thanks

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (02:06) bye\

Avri Doria: (02:07) bye

martin boyle, Nominet: (02:07) thanks & bye

Yuko Green: (02:07) Thank you all

• No labels