Attendees: 

Members:    Athina Fragkouli, Becky Burr, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Fiona Asonga, Jordan Carter, Jorge Villa, Julie Hammer, Leon Sanchez, Michael Abejuela, Olga Cavalli, Pedro da Silva, Robin Gross, Samantha Eisner, Sebastien Bachollet, Steve DelBianco, Tatina Tropina, Thomas Rickert, Tijani Ben Jemaa   (18)

Participants:   Alberto Soto, Avri Doria, Brett Schaefer, Chris LaHatte, Chris Wilson, David Maher, David McAuley, Erich Schweighofer, Greg Shatan, Harold Arcos, Jimson Olufuye, John Curran, Julf Helsingius, Karel Douglas, Kavouss Arasteh, Keith Drazek, Lori Schulman, Lousewies van der Laan, Matthew Shears, Niels ten Oever, Rudi Daniel, Shreedeep Rayamajhi, Simon Jansson, Sonigitu Ekpe, Stephen Deerhake   (25)

Guests:  Anahí Menéndez, Bukola Fawole, Elizabeth Andrews, Erin Dorgan, Phil Marano, Ryan Carroll, 

Staff:  Bernie Turcotte, Berry Cobb, Brenda Brewer

Apologies:  Finn Petersen, Mathieu Weill, Ricardo Holmquist, Edward Morris

**Please let Brenda know if your name has been left off the list (attendees or apologies).**

Transcript

Recording

Agenda

1.  Welcome, SoI

2.  Updated Staff papers

3.  Update on request regarding ATRT3

4.  Dependencies between sub-groups

5.  ICANN 57 Travel

6.  AOB & Closing

Notes

1.  Welcome, SoI:Leon Sanchez

• Kavouss Arasteh: two additional items for agenda - 1 letter of appreciation for Grace Abuhamad for her two years of service. 2 All rapporteurs should sign a letter of impartiality to show they have no conflict of interest to avoid issues like in the CWG.
  • Leon Sanchez: support the first request but not the second. Our charter already covers this for the Co-Chairs and then by extension to any rapporteurs.
  • Kavouss Arasteh: LS your prerogative but disagree on the second.
  • Thomas Rickert: KA you always remind us that we must respect all. We did not request any such letter from our rapporteurs in WS1. Doing so now would break with precedent and could be seen as discrimination. However, let us use your comment to remind everyone of the charter.

2.  Updated Staff papers

• Bernard Turcotte - All documents should be completed by the end of the week.
  • Niels ten Oever: need to accept the changes in the Google doc and update the PDF. ACTION ITEM for staff.

3.  Update on request regarding ATRT3

• Thomas Rickert: Letter has been sent as of August 9th. Will advise when the ICANN Board replies.

4.  Dependencies between sub-groups

• Thomas Rickert: the co-chairs in cooperation with the rapporteurs will closely monitor this to avoid any conflict on dependencies. this subject should be covered at each plenary meeting.
  • Sebastien Bachollet: I would propose to go a little further - I would ask all groups to identify any inter-dependencies with other groups early and advise those groups. This would help lessen potential conflicts.
  • Thomas Rickert: would ask rapporteurs to update the co-chairs on this in two weeks.

5.  ICANN 57 Travel

• Leon Sanchez: reminder of the deadline for applications and reminder of the policy rules.
  • Kavouss Arasteh: could all CCWG members be placed in the same hotel to facilitate exchanges. ACTION ITEM for staff.
  • Julie Hammer: This may not suit everyone as people may prefer to stay in the same hotel of their constituency.
  • Kavouss Arasteh: people should be free to choose.
  • Sonigitu Ekpe; what is the difference between members and participants. Members are appointed by their respective SOACs.

6.  AOB & Closing

• Kavouss Arasteh: reject the notion of using any particular law in the jurisdiction sub-group. Leon Sanchez: since the group has not met yet it is too early to make any judgements - let us see what the actual group does.
  • Greg Shatan: Co-Rapporteur of the jurisdiction - we should not go in with pre-conceptions but we should not make these up either. I also declare I am neutral in this matter and look forward to work with all in the sub-group.
  • Leon Sanchez: reminder to everyone to participate in their selected groups.
  • Action Item - staff to draft a letter of appreciation for Grace Abuhamad for the Co-Chairs.
  • Leon Sanchez: Adjourned.

Action Items

• Action Item -  could all CCWG members be placed in the same hotel to facilitate exchanges?
  • Action Item - staff to draft a letter of appreciation for Grace Abuhamad for the Co-Chairs.
  • Action Item - need to accept the changes in the Google doc and update the PDF for HR Subgroup

Documents

AC Chat

Brenda Brewer: (8/9/2016 14:48) Good day all and welcome to CCWG ACCT WS2 Plenary Call #3 on 9 August 2016 @ 20:00 UTC!

Kavouss.Arasteh: (14:49) dEAR cO-cHAIR, i HAVE TWO POINTS TO ADD TO THE AGENDA

Kavouss.Arasteh: (14:50) 1. Appreciation letter to the valuable service and devotion provided by Grace during the last two years

Kavouss.Arasteh: (14:51) 2. sIGNED LETTER FROM ALL NINE wg CHAIR DECLARING THEIR FULL IMPARTIALITY AND NEUTRALITY AND HAVING NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST

Kavouss.Arasteh: (14:51) Before startiing, agenda should be amended.

Kavouss.Arasteh: (14:52) I am fed up with the non democtratic way that the process is being carried out NOT IN CCWG but in the transition processc

Brett Schaefer: (14:53) I will not be on audio.

Kavouss.Arasteh: (14:53) Dear Brett

Kavouss.Arasteh: (14:53) Pls bear with me and kindly do not start to oppose to me

Brett Schaefer: (14:53) Depends on what you are proposing. What do you think I would object to?

Kavouss.Arasteh: (14:54) The process seems to continue in rush , hurry up , non democtaric, non transparent

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: (14:56) hello all

Julf Helsingius: (14:57) Someone seems to have their mic on at a rather high gain...

Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair ALAC): (14:58) Hello everyone!

Tatiana Tropina: (14:58) Hi all!

Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:59) Greetings from foggy San Francisco!

Pedro da Silva - [GAC Brasil]: (14:59) Hello everyone!

Julf Helsingius: (14:59) Hi from a pretty cold Amsterdam...

FIONA ASONGA (ASO): (14:59) Hallo All

Michael Abejuela (ARIN): (14:59) Hello everyone!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (15:00) Hi all

Olga Cavalli: (15:00) Hi all from Buenos Aires

Sonigitu Ekpe: (15:00) Hello! Everyone.

Alberto Soto: (15:00) Hi everyone!

Olga Cavalli: (15:03) agree with Kavouss about Grace

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (15:03) We have hardly forgotten and mny of us hve formally followed up Kaous

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (15:03) but yes a CCWG letter is a fine thing

Shreedeep Rayamajhi: (15:04) +1 with Kavous

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (15:06) Kavous as a practiced leader of groups as Chair or Rapporter etc.,  I am happy to stand on my demonsterable record of my non partisen/ neutral facilitation perforrmance reord...Should I fail in this then I would be either not appointed in future and quite possiby removed from my role....  I assume others will work the same way

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (15:07) Cam we now go on with our agenda perhaps?

Avri Doria: (15:08) I expect that if any of us rapporteurs start to behave badly with repsect to neutrlity or toherwise, it will brought to the co-chair, who i understand are alwasy on on our lists watching in any case.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (15:08) Yes Thomas our Harter is clear on this...

Tatiana Tropina: (15:08) Thomas, well said.

Jimson Olufuye: (15:09) +1

Kavouss.Arasteh: (15:09) TKS

Kavouss.Arasteh: (15:10)  i hope every one without exception maintain the neutrality and impartiality

Kavouss.Arasteh: (15:11) Draft On jurisdiction SHOULD NOT BE BASED ON SPECIFIC LAW OR COURT OR PRAXCTICE

Lori Schulman: (15:11) Hello.  My apologies for being late.

Kavouss.Arasteh: (15:11) Grec shall take that into account

John Curran: (15:12) (apologies for my tardiness - now here and active)

Kavouss.Arasteh: (15:13) I have studied tens of documents on jurisdiction and know by heart all text.

Kavouss.Arasteh: (15:13) I categorically reject any text based on a particular country practice, law , jurisdiction and court orderr

Kavouss.Arasteh: (15:14) People responsible are requested to remopve all those refernxces

Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair ALAC): (15:14) Kavouss, let's wait and see how work evolves

Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair ALAC): (15:15) let's give a vote of confidence to our rapporteurs

Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair ALAC): (15:15) We, as co-chairs, promise to keep close follow up to each sub-group's work

Karel Douglas: (15:16) Hi ALL

Kavouss.Arasteh: (15:16) Once again, I declare that I strongly disagree if any chair refer to any Rules, practices, cour corder or  any material from any given country in jurisdiction

Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair ALAC): (15:17) Objection noted Kavouss

Kavouss.Arasteh: (15:17) TKS WITH GREAT APPRECIATIOON

Kavouss.Arasteh: (15:20) the co-chairs in cooperation with the rappoerteurs will clsoely monitor this to avoid any conflict on dependencies.

Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair ALAC): (15:20) We will Kavouss

Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (15:22) what is the criteria by which co-chairs make travel support decisions?

Karel Douglas: (15:23) Robin - by the flip of a coin

Kavouss.Arasteh: (15:24) There is no need for additional criteria.

Kavouss.Arasteh: (15:25) The co-chairs  in fact such prorogative as they are elected co-chairs

Keith Drazek: (15:25) Do we have more substance to discuss today?

Sebastien (ALAC): (15:26) No sound (is it me?)

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: (15:26) sound is good

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (15:26) sound ok for me

David McAuley (RySG): (15:26) I hear fine as well

Jordan Carter (ccNSO member): (15:27) now on Adobe - been on the line on the phone since the start

Sonigitu Ekpe: (15:27) What is the difference between members and participants?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (15:28) Members are appointed by the AC/SOs to the CCWG

Olga Cavalli: (15:28) very low cannot hear

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (15:28) Formsl role wit ro=ight to "vote"  should we ever take one

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (15:29) Yes Thx Bernie

Jordan Carter (ccNSO member): (15:32) this discussion belongs in the Jurisdiction sub group

Jordan Carter (ccNSO member): (15:32) I urge the co-chairs not to continue it here now

Tatiana Tropina: (15:32) +1 Jordan, the DT on jurisdiction has not even started the work yet

matthew shears: (15:32) agree Jordan

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (15:33) yup

David McAuley (RySG): (15:33) We also need to respect the final report from WS1

Niels ten Oever: (15:33) indeed - sounds like a jurisdiction specific discussion

matthew shears: (15:33) + 1 David

Becky Burr: (15:33) this really isn't about jurisdiction Jordan - I'm puzzled by why this has spun out of control. 

Tatiana Tropina: (15:33) David, another +1.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (15:33) absolutly

Tatiana Tropina: (15:33) I would have rather noted that we shall not reopen the discussions again.

Tatiana Tropina: (15:33) :)

matthew shears: (15:33) yes

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (15:34) THX Greg  I would ot have expected otherwise

Jordan Carter (ccNSO member): (15:34) (in that group of anywhere)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (15:34) ot =Not

Tatiana Tropina: (15:34) Greg - everyone is looking forward to jurisdiction ;)

Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (15:35) which group had no one?

Lori Schulman: (15:35) To clarify, my groud did not respond to an email and doodle

Lori Schulman: (15:35) we did not organize a call

Jordan Carter (ccNSO member): (15:36) and Lori, forgive me but remind me - your group is - standards for board members?

Lori Schulman: (15:36) I sent a welcome email with no responses

Lori Schulman: (15:36) and followed with a Doodle

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (15:36) Thx everyone  .... Bye for now...

Lori Schulman: (15:36) The doodle may not have gone to everyone

Olga Cavalli: (15:36) bye thanks

Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (15:36) Thanks, bye!

Athina Fragkouli (ASO): (15:36) thank you all

Tatiana Tropina: (15:36) bye all!

Niels ten Oever: (15:36) bye

Alberto Soto: (15:36) Thanks,bye!!!!

FIONA ASONGA (ASO): (15:36) Thanks

David McAuley (RySG): (15:36) Thanks all, bye

rudi daniel: (15:36) thank you_

matthew shears: (15:36) thks

Michael Abejuela (ARIN): (15:36) thanks everyone

Karel Douglas: (15:36) Byee all

• No labels