Attendees

Attendees:  Greg Shatan, Jonathan Robinson, Josh Hofheimer, Lise Fuhr, Maarten Simon, Sharon Flanagan

Apologies: 

Staff:  Grace Abuhamad

Agenda:

1. Annex C

2. PTI Bylaws

3. ICANN-PTI Contract

4. IANA IPR

5. AOB

a. CWG Call on Thursday

b. Other next steps?

Notes & Action Items

1. Annex C

• Is Paul's point already covered in the document?
  • Action: Sharon proposes to expand #4: "The Corporation shall not require a contract in order to provide services to ccTLD registries."
  • Action: Lise to follow up with Paul to see what is not satisfactory about the proposed language.

2. PTI Bylaws

• Chairs invite Sharon to CWG-Stewardship call on Thursday at 15:00 UTC.
  • Action: Grace to inquire about process for ICANN response to Sidley comments on PTI Bylaws.
  • Action: Grace to develop two tables (one for notes to CWG and one for notes to ICANN). Should include Articles as well as Bylaws.

3. ICANN-PTI Contract

• Sidley provided a review of the headers.
  • Action: Chairs will relay questions on Contract during CWG-Stewardship call on Thursday (separate from table at this stage).
  • Action: Grace to inquire about when a first draft will be delivered for Sidley to review. Also, who would be drafting the statement of work?

4. IANA IPR

• IANA IPR document is undergoing review with Sidley. Sidley will deliver the feedback tomorrow (June 1). Client Committee will assess feedback before deciding how to address on the CWG-Stewardship call.
  • Action: Sidley to provide a cover note along with feedback on IANA IPR document.

5. AOB

• Sharon can attend the CWG call on Thursday, but has a hard stop at the two hour mark.
  • To the extent that CWG expects to cover IPR or Contract related matters, Josh should be invited to the call.
  • Action: Client Com (Chairs) to inform Josh should he need to join the CWG call.
  • Action: Client Com (Chairs) to communicate to Trang/Yuko that: the more advance notice, the better. This is important for Sidley to plan their work and better respond to ICANN. 

Transcript

Recordings

Documents Presented

Chat Transcript

On 5/31/16, 3:42 PM, ""Grace Abuhamad"" <admin@adobeconnect.com wrote:

Jonathan Robinson: (5/31/2016 14:59) Hello All. We will begin shortly.

Lise Fuhr: (15:00) Hi All just joined on audio too

Jonathan Robinson: (15:00) Grace, have we received communication from Greg or Martin about attending this meeting?

Lise Fuhr: (15:01) They both send in time slots for the call

Lise Fuhr: (15:01) sent in ;)

Jonathan Robinson: (15:01) I suggest we commence in 1 minute

Lise Fuhr: (15:02) check

Jonathan Robinson: (15:02) Welcome Greg

Sharon Flanagan: (15:03) Grace - can you send us this timeline? Thanks

Greg Shatan: (15:04) Dialing in.  Unfortunately, I am multitasking and also keeping an eye on the CCWG-Accountability call....

Grace Abuhamad: (15:04) Sure. I think there is a later version. I'll check the ICANN website and send you the link

Grace Abuhamad: (15:06) Hi Sharon -- Here is the latest version: https://www.icann.org/iana_imp_docs/35-pti-implementation-approach-v-v1. I will send you an email with the link as well.

Jonathan Robinson: (15:06) Section C.2.9.2(https://www.ntia.doc.gov/files/ntia/publications/sf_26_pg_1-2-final_award_and_scs.pdf) , shall not be, in any manner, predicated or conditioned on the existence or entry into any contract, agreement or negotiation between the Contractor and any party requesting such changes or any other third party

Grace Abuhamad: (15:08) I'll forward Paul's email now

Sharon Flanagan: (15:10) #4 says:  The Corporation shall not require a contract in order to provide services to ccTLD registries.

Maarten Simon, ccNSO: (15:10) sorry for being late

Sharon Flanagan: (15:11) Ok, we couldexpand#4

Lise Fuhr: (15:13) Hello Maarten

Grace Abuhamad: (15:13) I will forward Sharon the invite to the CWG IANA meeting

Maarten Simon, ccNSO: (15:14) Hello Lise and all others

Maarten Simon, ccNSO: (15:15) I went through the document today and the questions where rather clear

Lise Fuhr: (15:16) Agree

Lise Fuhr: (15:16) Two tables

Sharon Flanagan: (15:16) I can join Thursday's call but have a hard stop at the two hour mark.

Lise Fuhr: (15:16) Yes the CWG is the most urgent

Sharon Flanagan: (15:17) I have heard nothing on process

Grace Abuhamad: (15:17) I can offer to follow up

Sharon Flanagan: (15:18) Back on the table prepartion, reminder that Articles should also be covered

Grace Abuhamad: (15:19) I can include that question in Bylaws table

Sharon Flanagan: (15:19) yes

Grace Abuhamad: (15:19) I'll split them out

Grace Abuhamad: (15:19) ok

Sharon Flanagan: (15:20) Do we know when we will see a draft of the agreement?

Grace Abuhamad: (15:21) I can inquire about that as well @Sharon.

Sharon Flanagan: (15:23) Would a table of these questions also be a useful tool for CWG?

Grace Abuhamad: (15:26) Ok -- an evolved table. I'll rework the design to have that ready for you by Thursday.

Maarten Simon, ccNSO: (15:28) happy :)

Josh Hofheimer (Sidley): (15:29) I have nothing further

Grace Abuhamad: (15:30) Yes @Josh, the proposal for the IETF Trust

Greg Shatan: (15:30) Great!

Greg Shatan: (15:33) a minor challenge....

Greg Shatan: (15:33) :-)

Greg Shatan: (15:37) my recollection as well, but it should be raised.

Greg Shatan: (15:37) Typically, these are costs of the owner unless otherwise agreed.

Greg Shatan: (15:39) But given that the ownership is in the nature of stewardship, it particularly needs to be clarified.

Josh Hofheimer (Sidley): (15:39) Agreed Greg, but typically the owner is being compensated for use of its IP as well.

Greg Shatan: (15:39) Some do not view it as being in the nature of stewardship....

Josh Hofheimer (Sidley): (15:39) +1 Greg

Greg Shatan: (15:40) Better not to leave things unsaid, since we have relatively unsophisticated owner/licensor and licensees...

Lise Fuhr: (15:40) No I have no further

Greg Shatan: (15:40) Unsophisticated about being in those roles, that is.

Sharon Flanagan: (15:41) thanks all

Lise Fuhr: (15:41) Goodbye

Greg Shatan: (15:41) Thanks, all! and Bye...

Maarten Simon, ccNSO: (15:41) thanks bye

• No labels