Attendees

Attendees: Greg Shatan, Holly Gregory, Jonathan Robinson, Lise Fuhr, Rebecca Grapsas, Sharon Flanagan

Apologies: Maarten Simon; Grace Abuhamad (staff)

Notes & Action Items

Holly Gregory on audio only

2. PTI Formation Documents

•  Action Item: Implementation Team:  Needs better communication regarding legal work and timelines 
  •  Action Item: Set expectation that more turn-around time is required for lawyers to thoroughly review documents and timelines in general as stretching
  •  Action Item: Sidley will provide termsheet regarding PTI later today or AM Saturday

-- Sharon Flanagan and Greg Shatan suggests to err on side of over communications so things are not missed

3. ICANN-PTI Contract (intercompany agreement)

• Action Item:  Sidley will send Term sheets next week
  • Action Item:  Staff:  Communicate with ICANN Legal Annex S of CWG proposal is an example.  It is not a proposed term sheet. 
  • Action Item:  Staff:  Confirm details of community review period for the purposes of Client Committee.

o   Per Lise, CWG Review and Community Review happen simultaneously. 

4. Specific Issues & Concerns

--

5. IANA IPR 

• Action Item:  IPR High Level Agreement will be sent to Sidley for review

6. Next Steps

• Fee estimates

-- Holly:  difficult to make fee estimates.  Doing best in good faith to make rough estimates.

• Action Item:  Lise and Jonathan will ask Trang what documents and estimate delivery time of documents for lawyers to review
  • Action Items:  Lawyers to provide rough estimate of fees for Docs from Trang's team.  Revisions of fees are expected from time to time.

Transcript

Recordings

Documents Presented

Chat Transcript

Brenda Brewer: (5/6/2016 09:27) Good day all and welcome to the Client Committee Meeting on Friday, 6 May 2016 @ 15:00 UTC!

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (09:57) Hi everyone

Jonathan Robinson: (09:57) Hello All. We'll begin as soon as we have all present.

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (09:57) I now have the full hour as my other call was pushed to 16:00

Jonathan Robinson: (09:58) Sharon, please confirm if we expect Holly to Join

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (09:58) Yes, she will be joining

Jonathan Robinson: (10:00) Thank-you. Waiting for Lise & Holly to join and then we begin

Greg Shatan: (10:00) Hello all

Jonathan Robinson: (10:00) Shaorn, please confirm you only have 30 mins

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (10:00) As noted above, I have an hour now

Jonathan Robinson: (10:01) Apologies. Missed that

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (10:01) I think we can start without Holly and she will join when she can

Jonathan Robinson: (10:01) I like the way Sidely have been conditioned to talk in UTC :-)

Lise Fuhr: (10:02) Hi all connected now

Lise Fuhr: (10:16) @Jonathan or better planning from ICANN staff so Sidley can plan their time

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (10:18) Agree

Greg Shatan: (10:19) I need to make one of those signs.  Maybe I could retire from legal practice and just sell signs.

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (10:24) yes

Jonathan Robinson: (10:31) Annex C to what? CWG proposal?

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (10:36) The contract would be fine

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (10:36) Paul Kane also asked about where Annex C woudl be housed.  I don't know if it was limited to Sections 7 and 8

Lise Fuhr: (10:37) @Sharon His specifc concern was 7 and 8 but I guess all need to be ncluded.

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (10:37) ICANN is constrained in its ability to amend the contract.

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (10:37) There is an EC mechanism that applies

Greg Shatan: (10:41) Annex C will be housed in the CWG Proposal.  It should be _reflected_ in the documentation and contract.

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (10:44) CSC Charter will be a standalone document,  It's referenced in the ICANN bylaws

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (10:44) Correct

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (10:46) Yes Josh will lead this

Lise Fuhr: (10:49) No

Greg Shatan: (10:49) Piano practice?

Lise Fuhr: (10:49) Sounded like it

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (10:56) Also for estimate, what is our involvement with CWG - calls, memos, etc

Lise Fuhr: (10:57) Agree

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (10:57) Thanks. That's helpful

Lise Fuhr: (10:57) No thank you all

Greg Shatan: (10:58) Thank you all!

Greg Shatan: (10:58) Bye

• No labels