You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 5 Next »

MEMBERS

• Jordi Iparraguirre - Spain

• Yrjö Länsipuro - Finland

• Mikhail Medrish - Russia

• Annette Mühlberg - Germany

• Matthieu Camus - France

Reference documents:

EURALO Articles of Association

Selection and performance criteria for EURALO Board members 2015

EURALO MEMBERS GOALS FOR 2016

• Mikhail Medrish:

The Board is to review the EURALO main document, because this// //document today is far from the reality, from what we are doing. This is// //the main problem for the first period. Afterwards, we will try to write// //down what the EURALO Board is and what the tasks are that we’ll work// //during the next period of time, until the  EURALO// //Board selection period. I suppose it’s necessary to do that. Thank you./

This builds on Mikhail's election manifesto:

In case I’m elected to the Board, I plan to initiate a process of updating the EURALO’s Articles of Association. I believe it should be revised./

Actual practices are far from the Articles of Association. Some examples. General Assembly elected a Chair of EURALO, but such role doesn’t mention in the Articles of Association. From the other side General Assembly were to elect Board and at the same time to appoint the Chair and Vice-Chair of the Board, but did not do it. By the way, not the whole Board must be elected, but only a half for 2 years. Another half must be elected next year.

Summary above by  Olivier Crepin Leblond - Email sent to EURALO Board mailing list Fri 1/8/2016 11:56 AM

•  Olivier Crepin Leblond

• Goals sent to mailing  list on  28/12/15:
  •  Dear EURALO Board members,

As 2015 is quickly arriving to a close, I wanted to briefly let you  know of what my own goals are for EURALO in 2016:>

1. Outreach and in reach

We need to reach out and actively look for new potential At-Large  Structures to join us, especially in countries which do not yet have a local At-Large Structure. This something which we should all be  looking out for, in the contacts of the people that we know, in the  conferences we all attend, at EuroDIG etc.

As for inreach, also known as "engagement", I am well aware that the majority of our ALSes are not particularly active in EURALO. Let's  make this environment both more exciting, pertinent to our ALSes and  valuable. I am saying "valuable" because I think we'll be fighting an already lost battle if our ALSes do not think there is any value in  participating in EURALO and At-Large activities.

2. Skillsets

This ties in with what Yrjö was saying: we need to know our ALSes much  more. Only if we know our ALSes better will we be able to specifically  call upon specific ALSes when a particular topic of discussion or  public comment request arrives on our table. So I support what Yrjö  suggests that EURALO takes it upon itelf to devise a mechanism for  getting this information.

3. Linking the ALAC to our ALSes

This really is a communications exercise. We have 3 ALAC members:  Sébastien Bachollet,  Sandra Höferichter,  Jimmy Schultz

>

> The RALO should be there as a full partner to our three ALAC members.

> They are not just individuals - they are an important channel to ICANN

> to voice our concerns. They are part of our community. I hope that we

> will be able to strengthen the link from the ALAC to the RALO.

>

> These are just three personal goals. I know there are a lot more

> issues in EURALO, but I thought I'd start with the first three. I hope

> we'll be able to go further than these three goals and be able to

> pursue other goals that you are sharing with us.

>

> Again, I am really excited to be able to work with you. I hope we will

> be able to be proactive throughout the year and bring that much needed

> energy to our EURALO members, to make EURALO inviting, exciting and

> effective.

>

> Hoping you've had a good Christmas and are still enjoying a well

> earned holiday break, I wish you all the Best for a Happy New Year 2016!

>

> Olivier

• No labels