Members:  Alan Greenberg, Alice Munyua, Becky Burr, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Izumi Okutani, James Bladel, Jordan Carter, Jorge Villa, Julie Hammer, Leon Sanchez, Mathieu Weill, Olga Cavalli, Robin Gross, Pär Brumark, Samantha Eisner, Sébastien Bachollet, Steve DelBianco, Thomas Rickert, Tijani Ben Jemaa   (19)

Participants:  Allan MacGillivray, Amr Elsadr, Avri Doria, Barrack Otieno, David Maher, David McAuley, Edward Morris, Farzaheh Badii, Finn Petersen, Greg Shatan, James Gannon, Jonathan Zuck, Kavouss Arasteh, Matthew Shears, Mike Chartier, Pedro Ivo Silva, Philip Corwin, Sabine Meyer, Tom Dale   (19)

Legal Counsel:  Holly Gregory, Rosemary Fei, Sharon Flanagan, Stephanie Petit

Staff:  Bernie Turcotte, Berry Cobb, Brenda Brewer, Grace Abuhamad, Hillary Jett, Kimberly Carlson, Theresa Swinehart

Apologies:  Eberhard Lisse, Lyman Chapin, Martin Boyle, Seun Ojedeji

**Please let Brenda know if your name has been left off the list (attendees or apologies).**



Proposed Agenda

1. Welcome Remarks 

2. Recap of Paris Meeting (Communiqué)

3. Drafting Key dates (Project Plan — 21 July)

4. Sections to review

   a. XPlane Graphics 

   b. Fulfillment of Requirements 

   c. 3A. Mission, Commitments, & Core Values

   d. 3B. Fundamental Bylaws

   e. 5A. Community Mechanism as Sole Member Model

5. Instructions to legal counsel

6. AOB

7. Closing Remarks


1. Welcome Remarks

·  Jordan and Cheryl on audio only

·  SOI Update: Christopher Wilkinson: Since  term as a member of the Board of EURid has ended, he will no longer have that official affiliation. 

·  Lyman Chapin (SSAC) has just had a family emergency situation arise and offers his apologies

2. Recap of Paris Meeting 

·  Communique link:

·  Thank you to all participants 

·  Breakthrough with the Sole Member Model

·  ASO had circulated legal advice they had received. The legal advice was inclined towards the Designator model, but was also noted as preliminary advice

3. Drafting Key Dates

·  Project Plan — updated on 21 July

·  Action (Grace) Add to project plan: dates for Dublin: 16 October and 22 October. 

·  Action (Grace): Convey careful translation of texts for the CCWG Proposal

4. Sections to review

   a. XPlane Graphics

·  Slidedeck is being prepared. For today's call, the review focus is on the slide representing the model. 

·  Make sure the documents are accessible to a broader audience (beyond ICANN)

·  Action (Hillary): work on slides with XPlane based on comments received. 

   b. Fulfillment of Requirements 

·  Note: Legal counsel provided comments on this document. Their comments are not included in the version displayed in AC room. 

·  Checked the proposal against NTIA requirements and CWG-Stewardship dependencies. 

·  Stress Test 18 is not a requirement, per se, but it is critical to meeting NTIA requirements. 

·  Action (Chairs): share this section with CWG chairs for their review

   c. 3A. Mission, Commitments, & Core Values

·  Updated document from WP2 based on their call earlier today

·  Human rights was a focus on WP2 call.  interim result on HR:

·  -- commitment to be made

·  -- work to be conducted soon

·  -- work can be completed beyond the transition

·  open question: how to make that commitment: bylaws or otherwise 

·  "Private sector led" language appears in paragraph 5 of the Commitments section

·  Agreement from WP2 this morning: modify language in Core Value 7 (was #11). to include a new sentence as a remedy to issues raised in Paris. (see p.7 of the document for the edits referenced)

   d. 3B. Fundamental Bylaws

·  No discussion or changes offered since the document has been posted on the list. 

·  Legal counsel suggests that PTI and Separation be considered as Fundamental Bylaws 

·  Action (Chairs/Jordan): share this section with CWG chairs for their review 

   e. 5A. Community Mechanism as Sole Member Model

·  This section has been drafted but has not yet undergone review by WP1. Therefore, the document will be reviewed on WP1 call tomorrow and presented on CCWG call Thursday. 

5. Instructions to legal counsel

·  Legal counsel provided a  response to ARIN

·  Counsel to review final versions of documents -- per project plan this period is from 24-27 July. 

6. AOB

·  Call with ICG Chairs earlier today. Confirmed the public comment periods are at the same time. 

·  Support staff will work with ICG to ensure coordination of engagement efforts during the ICG/CCWG Public Comment periods

·  Action (staff) Reschedule the meeting to a more adequate time if possible

7. Closing Remarks

Action Items

·  Action (Grace) Add to project plan: dates for Dublin: 16 October and 22 October. 

·  Action (Grace): Convey careful translation of texts for the CCWG Proposal

·  Action (Hillary): work on slides with XPlane based on comments received. 

·  Action (Chairs): share this section with CWG chairs for their review

·  Action (Chairs/Jordan): share this section with CWG chairs for their review 

·  Action (staff) Reschedule the meeting to a more adequate time if possible

Documents Presented

CCWG-Paris Communiqué-Final.pdf


Fulfillment of Requirements_21July.pdf

Chat Transcript

  Kimberly Carlson: (7/21/2015 08:44) Welcome to CCWG Accountability Meeting #43 on 21 July!  Please note that chat sessions are being archived and follow the ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior: 

  Holly Gregory (Sidley): (12:48) Greetings all.  Hope everyone's return travels were uneventful.

  Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: (12:52) hello

  Pär Brumark (GAC Niue): (12:53) Hi all!

  Sabine Meyer: (12:54) hi guys!

  Sabine Meyer: (12:54) How is Prague treating the people who are there?

  Avri Doria: (12:54) Pretty good,

  Avri Doria: (12:55) weather has nbeen reasonable and it has been a good meeting so far.  Bit of a change from Paris

  Avri Doria: (12:55) except for the CCWG calls.

  Avri Doria: (12:56) skipping the social tonight in favor of ccwg.

  Sabine Meyer: (12:56) thanks for doing us the honor :)

  Avri Doria: (12:56) you are welcome, but really i am an addict.

  Sabine Meyer: (12:57) I of course do not know of this condition you are describing.

  Avri Doria: (12:58) i keep telling people i can quit anytime. they laugh at me.

  Sabine Meyer: (12:59) someone should look into AC patches ;)

  Farzaneh Badii: (13:00) Glad to hear that Kavouss :)

  arasteh: (13:00) Hi everybody

  Mathieu Weill, ccNSO, co-chair: (13:01) Hi everyone

  Grace Abuhamad: (13:03) Communique link:

  Christopher Wilkinson: (13:03) SoI update: Since my term as a member of the Board of EURid has ended, I no longer have that official affiliation. In any event my contributions to CCWG and CWG are in my personal capacity, CW

  Grace Abuhamad: (13:04) Thank you Christopher. We will note this

  Kimberly Carlson: (13:05) We have asked the operator to mute

  Christopher Wilkinson: (13:08) @izumi +1

  Izumi Okutani (ASO): (13:08) Indeed Thomas. We support the CCWG to move forward with a single member model.

  Julie Hammer (SSAC): (13:09) Lyman Chapin (SSAC) has just had a family emergency situation arise and offers his apologies

  Grace Abuhamad: (13:09) Thank you @Julie, noted.

  Alan Greenberg: (13:12) Sorry to be late!

  Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (13:13) Some of us need to make our Dublin travel plans now, so we need to know if there will be a pre-meeting on the Friday before of the Dublin ICANN meeting.  Can the chairs please clarify if we'll pre-meet in Dublin?  Thank you.

  Edward Morris: (13:13) Hi Alan. Welcome.

  Sabine Meyer: (13:13) I thought we had settled on a F2F on Friday and a post-mortem of sorts the following Thursday.

  Izumi Okutani (ASO): (13:13) That is helpful Grace, noted to share about engagement in our communities

  Grace Abuhamad: (13:14) We are working with ICANN Constituency Travel and you'll get emails shortly

  Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (13:14) Thanks for the clarification, Mathieu!

  David McAuley (RySG): (13:14) Thanks Mathieu - that is how I recall last call - meeting Friday pre ICANN54 and Thursday as well

  Grace Abuhamad: (13:14) 16 October and 22 October

  Sabine Meyer: (13:15) thanks, Grace!

  Greg Shatan: (13:16) We need a strategy of starting the translation on a late draft instead of waiting for a final.

  Rosemary Fei (Adler & Colvin): (13:18) Hello, all.  Have been on audio only since 5 minutes after the hour, but just joining Adobe Connect now

  Sébastien: (13:22) When it was sent?

  Grace Abuhamad: (13:22) Thanks Rosemary. Noted

  Grace Abuhamad: (13:22) It was not sent to the list @Sebastien. Was intended for review on this call before draft was circulated.

  Holly Gregory (Sidley): (13:24) consider whether to add a 7th power that relates to CWG dependency

  Mathieu Weill, ccNSO, co-chair: (13:24) Which one Holly ?

  Holly Gregory (Sidley): (13:25) potential 7th power:  Reconsider/reject Board decisions relating to reviews of the IANA functions including ability to trigger a separation of PTI

  Sabine Meyer: (13:26) exactly. that was 5.7 in the table of CWG dependencies vis-a-vis the designator / membership powers in the June 16 memo.

  Rosemary Fei (Adler & Colvin): (13:26) Whether there are 6 or 7 depends on whether you lump together budget and strategic plan or treat them as two separate powers, and whether you include the CWG dependency

  Sabine Meyer: (13:26) oh, thanks for the clarification, Rosemary.

  Rosemary Fei (Adler & Colvin): (13:27) The group has presented the powers both ways.

  Jordan Carter (.nz, WP1 Rptr): (13:27) i just lost audio?

  Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair, ALAC): (13:27) @Rosemary true. We should define how we treat those powers that some times have been treated jointly and others separatedly

  Rosemary Fei (Adler & Colvin): (13:27) just lost audio

  Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (13:27) I can hear.

  Jordan Carter (.nz, WP1 Rptr): (13:27) it isn't working for Thomas

  Brenda Brewer: (13:28) Confirmed, Thomas disconnect.

  Greg Shatan: (13:28) My audio is fine (I am dialed in).

  Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (13:28) Agred, Leon.  We probably won't want a "one-size-fits-all" approach for all of the powers, as they are distinct.

  Thomas Rickert, CCWG Co-Chair: (13:28) sorry, connection cut.

  Thomas Rickert, CCWG Co-Chair: (13:29) back in

  Edward Morris: (13:29) Totally agree Robin!

  Jordan Carter (.nz, WP1 Rptr): (13:29) the seventh power is dealt with by the incorporation of the IFR in the bylaws, and the ability of the IRP to be used on the bylaws

  Samantha Eisner: (13:30) It's not apparent from ths diagram that the Board is selected from teh community - they seem to be two distinct, different groups here

  Sébastien: (13:30) It will be easier to have the full document to know what is missing. all will not be in a single slide.

  Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (13:30) Sam, isn't it included because board appointment / recall is one of the 6 powers?

  Rosemary Fei (Adler & Colvin): (13:32) Now, individual SO/ACs have only appointment power -- appointment is not one of the 6-7 powers.

  Grace Abuhamad: (13:34) Please note that legal counsel provided comments on this document. Their comments are not included in the version displayed

  Rosemary Fei (Adler & Colvin): (13:34) Perhaps diagram could be edited to show that the appointment power is the only one in the current model (held by certain so/acs), but there will be 6-7 new powers in collective under the CMSM

  Holly Gregory (Sidley): (13:39) Once legal counsel's comments have been considered, we recommend that the CWG section be sent to CWG chairs for consideration

  Izumi Okutani (ASO): (13:40) I think this point has been mentioned and recognized by Mathieu

  Steve DelBianco [GNSO - CSG]: (13:42) ST 18 text is written in the langauge of a scenario, not as a requirement.   

  Alan Greenberg: (13:43) very difficult to hear.

  Steve DelBianco [GNSO - CSG]: (13:43) The response to ST 18 is to amend ICANN bylaws now so that ICANN is obligated to "try and find a mutually acceptable solution" only when the GAC advice is supported by consensus

  Steve DelBianco [GNSO - CSG]: (13:44) NTIA clarified in Paris that they regard ST18 bylaws change is needed to meet NTIA's requirement for the transition.

  Becky Burr: (13:44) NTIA has said the ST 18 is critical to meeting the requirements

  Jordan: (13:45) they do seem to have been fairly direct about that

  Sabine Meyer: (13:45) but without yet stating whether the new proposal from Paris would meet their needs - if I'm not mistaken.

  Becky Burr: (13:45) does anyone have the language from the USG contribution to the GAC compilation?

  Sabine Meyer: (13:46) Tom?

  Steve DelBianco [GNSO - CSG]: (13:46) Right.  NTIA says ST18 bylaws change is necessary but not sufficient to meet all the transition requirements.

  Pedro Ivo Silva [GAC Brasil]: (13:46) Thank you, Mathieu. Putting it under brackets may properly reflect the state of discussion within the group

  Pedro Ivo Silva [GAC Brasil]: (13:46) between brackets*

  Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (13:46) "private sector led" is not the opposite of "multi-stakeholder-led".  Quite the opposite. 

  Steve DelBianco [GNSO - CSG]: (13:46) NTIA said:  We also interpret stress test 18 as both appropriate and necessary to meet the requirement that the IANA transition should not yield a government-led or an intergovernmental replacement for NTIA’s current stewardship role."

  Matthew Shears: (13:47) + 1 robin

  Becky Burr: (13:47) why don't we defer this discussion until we get to the Mission Commitments and Core Values language?

  Pär Brumark (GAC Niue): (13:48)  +1 Becky

  Edward Morris: (13:49) That's a good idea Becky. We have the same language there.

  Steve DelBianco [GNSO - CSG]: (13:50) I think we must publish our assessment that we have met NTIA requirements

  Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (13:50) I think it would be a good idea for us to explain our own rationale, for why we think we met the requirements in our proposal.

  Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (13:50) agree. I think that congress will need that at the very least

  Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (13:50) No doubt NTIA will not be biased based on our own claim that we met the requiremnts.

  Becky Burr: (13:50) I agree that we need to publish this assessment

  Izumi Okutani (ASO): (13:50) + 1 Steve, Robin

  Julie Hammer (SSAC): (13:51) Agree that the assessment needs to be published

  Greg Shatan: (13:51) +1, Steve, RObin, Jonathan, Becky Izumi, Julie

  Matthew Shears: (13:51) the CCWG has to demonstrate that this proposal does meet the NTIA criteria

  Grace Abuhamad: (13:51) Does anyone want to volunteer to write the rationale?

  Jordan Carter (.nz, WP1 Rptr): (13:51) isn't that what this paper does, Grace?

  Steve DelBianco [GNSO - CSG]: (13:51) Wait -- isn't that document the one on the screen now????

  Grace Abuhamad: (13:52) yes, but sounded like there was desire for edits or further detail?

  Sabine Meyer: (13:53) will we talk about this again on Thursday?

  Sabine Meyer: (13:53) that might give a little time to think about that.

  Becky Burr: (13:53) we are going to talk about this again in a minute

  Sabine Meyer: (13:53) :D

  James Gannon (GNSO-Tired): (13:56) Hey all, sorry Im late.

  Holly Gregory (Sidley): (13:57) I must step away from adobe for about 15 minutes but will be listening by phone

  arasteh: (13:57) To all those that believe we need to publish these assessement

  arasteh: (13:57) We all should agree with the assessement

  arasteh: (13:58) Currently there is no consensuzs on that need

  arasteh: (13:59) Moreover, if we need to refere to stress rtest we should not paraphrase those stress test rather to just make cross rference to them

  Rosemary Fei (Adler & Colvin): (14:02) What page of the displayed doc should we be looking at, please?

  arasteh: (14:02) All advisory committee are not equal

  Becky Burr: (14:02) page 4 Rosemary

  Rosemary Fei (Adler & Colvin): (14:02) Thanks, Becky.


  Samantha Eisner: (14:03) How does the NTIA Contract serve to put the US in the role of making sure that ICANN follows international conventions, including those on human rights?

  arasteh: (14:03) its advise has different statusv than other advisory committee

  arasteh: (14:03) WE should not change that

  Izumi Okutani (ASO): (14:03) I have the same question as Sam


  Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:04) I support Avri's proposal.  This helps fix the gap in governance between corporations and ovts.

  Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:04) govts.

  Becky Burr: (14:04) no Kavouss, they are not, but the prohibition would apply to all Advisory Committees equally.  No modification (other than the consensus language) would be needed to the GAC specific provisions of the Bylaws

  Becky Burr: (14:05) Could we please address the human rights issue first?

  Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:08) We can at least get a general committment to HR in the bylaws.  We don't have to go further than that.

  Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:08) that might be a compromise

  Becky Burr: (14:09) Robin, I take it that you do not consider the obligation to comply with international law (that is one of our proposed changes) sufficient

  Avri Doria: (14:09) this is human rights law as far as i understand it.

  Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:10) no I like that Becky.

  Becky Burr: (14:10) ok, that is in the proposal right now

  Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:10) just clarifying it includes HR obligations

  Avri Doria: (14:10) it is not in the bylaws.  it si just in a report so far.

  Sébastien: (14:10) Can you explain for the english speakers and not lawyers duty ??? Thanks

  Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:10) or HR principles

  Avri Doria: (14:10) the only reason this is rushed becassue it kept being pushed off.  that is a sad argument.

  Edward Morris: (14:10) @ Becky.. I'd want our international lawexpert to weigh in before I'd consider it sufficient.

  Greg Shatan: (14:12) I have never pushed this issue off.  And I don't recall it being pushed off in this CCWG.  I recall it coming up at the 11th hour.

  Becky Burr: (14:12) no, the obligation to comply with international law (from the Articles) has been replicated in Commitment #1

  Becky Burr: (14:13) I will send you the Goldsmith material Ed

  Avri Doria: (14:14) Greg I have been trying to get us to talk about this seriousl since we first saw the comments. 

  Matthew Shears: (14:14) we do need a serious discussion of HR issues

  Avri Doria: (14:14) i beleive it perfcetly fits the requreiemtns for WS1

  Avri Doria: (14:15) i beleive this is our knitting.

  Avri Doria: (14:16) it is not inventive it is human rights law., as this non lawyer understands it.

  Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:16) how about simply a committment to fundamental HR principles in ICANN policy development and operations.

  Edward Morris: (14:16) In the .XXX IRP? I've reasd it Becky. It's clear to me general legal principles and customary international law is sincluded in the general term "international law as applied to ICANN through the Bylaws. It is less clear to me that international human rights obligations for state actors created through treaty or convention is included by that term..

  Matthew Shears: (14:17) I would be comfortable with that Robin

  Jordan Carter (.nz, WP1 Rptr): (14:17) and thats not already covered by the language about international law etc?

  Avri Doria: (14:17) i think it does make sense to qualify it with 'within its mission'

  Avri Doria: (14:17) Jordan, it is not covered.

  Greg Shatan: (14:18) Putting something into the Bylaws is not a compromise.

  Avri Doria: (14:19) Greg, i think it might be too much of a comrpomise for me.

  David McAuley (RySG): (14:19) With respect, there has been no consideration to how these principles impact DNS in this group, can we really agree this in this manner?

  Samantha Eisner: (14:19) How do we make sure that we understand which are considered fundamental?  Which are the ones that we intend for ICANN to be subject to an IRP over if someone does not feel that ICANN lived up to that?

  Edward Morris: (14:19) I like that approach Robin. Good compromise.

  David McAuley (RySG): (14:19) +1 Sam

  Greg Shatan: (14:19) Avri, we've been at this since December, comments came in mid-June and didn't get reviewed until late June/early July.

  Greg Shatan: (14:20) Avri, I appreciate your commitment.

  Becky Burr: (14:20) we have been discussing this issue since Frankfurt

  Avri Doria: (14:20) Greg, we only recently started working on bylaws rewording.  As I said this is critical to me and would warrant a minority statement.

  Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (14:20) I feel as though we're making too much up on HR. If we're talking about impact assessments, let's work that into our PDP. We need to figure out balancing tests before we just make this into a trigger for an IRP.

  Matthew Shears: (14:21) can we find some time to work the HR issue - it is important

  David McAuley (RySG): (14:21) on mute

  Greg Shatan: (14:21) Changing Bylaws has been on our plate since the beginning.

  Greg Shatan: (14:22) Matthew, where do you want to find a few months?

  Greg Shatan: (14:22) or maybe more?

  Matthew Shears: (14:22) @ Greg - well there is that.....

  Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:24) Agreed, Becky.  We can't break the law.

  Grace Abuhamad: (14:24) We are on Page 7 of the document by the way

  Jordan Carter (.nz, WP1 Rptr): (14:25) the red text by item #7 on page 7

  Julie Hammer (SSAC): (14:25) Becky, should this sentence in red say "ICANN" or "The ICANN Board"?

  Finn Petersen, GAC - DK: (14:25) GAC will discuss the suggestion – it look interesting!

  Becky Burr: (14:25) agree Kavouss, we can apply to all SO and ACs

  Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:25) GNSO Recommendations are required to come with reports that explain the entire policy development process.  ACs should have similar processes and requirements as part of ICANN's general accountability.

  Becky Burr: (14:25) ICANN I think Julie, but good question

  James Gannon (GNSO-Tired): (14:25) SO and AC would be fine

  Alan Greenberg: (14:26) Shouldn't text be :or where the AC had *NOT* explained the specific reasons for its advice?

  Julie Hammer (SSAC): (14:26) Ok...thanks.

  James Gannon (GNSO-Tired): (14:26) Alan yes we caught that just before the call

  Jordan Carter (.nz, WP1 Rptr): (14:26) alan, yes, that's a typo :-)

  Alan Greenberg: (14:27) ok. If it was mentioned I missed it.

  Jordan Carter (.nz, WP1 Rptr): (14:27) James, what's the Tired constituency of the GNSO/

  James Gannon (GNSO-Tired): (14:27) The one you join after 9 hours of ICANN work in one day =)

  David McAuley (RySG): (14:27) Thanks Becky


  Greg Shatan (GNSO - Burnt Out): (14:28) James, I see you couldn't stay away...

  Grace Abuhamad: (14:29) Page 2 -- the document is unsynced

  James Gannon (GNSO-Tired): (14:29) Yeah, I had planned to sleep but.... I heard the AC room calling out to me

  Grace Abuhamad: (14:29) That's how I feel @James!

  Matthew Shears: (14:29) the siren call ot the CCWG

  Mathieu Weill, ccNSO, co-chair: (14:29) One AC room to bind them all...

  James Gannon (GNSO-Tired): (14:30) And in exhaustion bind them to Core Value 11

  Grace Abuhamad: (14:30) We are on page 3 now

  Sabine Meyer: (14:30) okay, my neighbours *will* be wondering about my sanity thanks to my reaction to Mathieu's comment.

  Mathieu Weill, ccNSO, co-chair: (14:30) which is now 7. The 11 turned into 7.

  Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (14:30) I think those should be contemplated - both separation and PTI

  Amr Elsadr: (14:31) This chat is by far more colorful than on other groups. I should join you folks more often.

  Sabine Meyer: (14:31) One of us! One of us!

  Sabine Meyer: (14:31) :D

  Greg Shatan (GNSO - Burnt Out): (14:31) We salute you! We salute you!

  James Gannon (GNSO-Tired): (14:31) @Matthieu does that make us the dwarves (They got 7 rings in Lord of the rings)

  Matthew Shears: (14:31) my precious

  Mathieu Weill, ccNSO, co-chair: (14:32) At last someone got the "7" reference.

  Sabine Meyer: (14:32) 7/11 makes *me* think of Beyoncé /hangs head in shame.

  Greg Shatan (GNSO - Burnt Out): (14:32) I was thinking of Snow White, but I guess that is culturally narrow of me.

  Greg Shatan (GNSO - Burnt Out): (14:33) 7/11 makes me think of the convenience store down the block where the stoners and skateboarders hang out.

  Sabine Meyer: (14:33) well, we did see Tony Hawk in Paris...

  Matthew Shears: (14:34) 7 of 9?

  Sabine Meyer: (14:34) oooh, I object to ST: Voyager being referenced.

  Matthew Shears: (14:34) :) fair enough

  Greg Shatan (GNSO - Burnt Out): (14:35) Never be ashamed to think of Beyonce -- she was my client for several years and one of the most talented, hard-working, driven  and intelligent people you will ever meet..

  Sabine Meyer: (14:35) well, she did wake up like this :D

  Tijani BEN JEMAA: (14:36) I have to leave the call

  Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair, ALAC): (14:36) bye Tijani

  Greg Shatan (GNSO - Burnt Out): (14:36) After two days of remote participation with Paris from 6 hours behind, I woke up like this.  %->

  Sabine Meyer: (14:37) flawless=

  Sabine Meyer: (14:37) ?

  James Gannon (GNSO-Tired): (14:38) Its ok Leon =)

  Jordan Carter (.nz, WP1 Rptr): (14:38) "Silence the child" '-)

  Greg Shatan (GNSO - Burnt Out): (14:38) Working from home, Leon?  Or on vacation?

  David McAuley (RySG): (14:39) Not a problem Leon

  Thomas Rickert, CCWG Co-Chair: (14:39) nothing to apologize for, León!

  Mathieu Weill, ccNSO, co-chair: (14:39) Leon arrived home only a few hours ago

  Amr Elsadr: (14:39) @Leon: Does your kid have an SOI filed? ;-)

  James Gannon (GNSO-Tired): (14:39) I claim himher for NCSG =)

  Greg Shatan (GNSO - Burnt Out): (14:39) I guess it's not RIPE for review....

  Thomas Rickert, CCWG Co-Chair: (14:39) ...and he is trying to get the next generation of ICANNers interested in our work :-)

  Greg Shatan (GNSO - Burnt Out): (14:39) James, that's about right....

  Greg Shatan (GNSO - Burnt Out): (14:39) :-)

  Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair, ALAC): (14:42) @James noted for the NCSG!

  Rosemary Fei (Adler & Colvin): (14:42) We are also working on putting answers from CMSM model session Saturday AM in writing.

  Holly Gregory (Sidley): (14:42) And I am not hearing anything so think my connection failed

  James Gannon (GNSO-Tired): (14:44) Grace has her hand up

  David McAuley (RySG): (14:44) can ychairsgive rough agenda for Thursday

  Holly Gregory (Sidley): (14:44) Open question is when will the bylaw drafting take place?

  Greg Shatan (GNSO - Burnt Out): (14:44) We should make our call an hour later, then.

  Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:44) That schedule hurts all of the GNSO - our members will have a conflict in which to attend

  David McAuley (RySG): (14:45) ok thanks Mathieu - I see them now on plan doc

  James Gannon (GNSO-Tired): (14:45) Yes we should reschedule if pssible lots of Councellors on this

  Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:45) Let's not have our meeting lapse with the GNSO call.  We wouldn't do it for other SO's or AC's so we shouldn't do it to the GNSO either.

  Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair, ALAC): (14:45) @Greg working from home. I just landed les than 12 hours ago in Mexico City after a series of delays in my flights back from Paris :S

  Edward Morris: (14:46) Thankls James. As a Counsellor I'd appreciate the change.

  Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:47) we need to find a time that doesn't conflict with all the SO's and ACs.

  Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:47) I think we should at least *try*.

  Alan Greenberg: (14:47) I note that not everyone is on this call.

  Jordan Carter (.nz, WP1 Rptr): (14:47) what's the one at 1400 for you, Alan?

  Julie Hammer (SSAC): (14:47) Can GNSO begin an hour earlier?

  Alan Greenberg: (14:47) GNSO calls are scheduled WAY in advance. How did this conflict happen???

  Greg Shatan (GNSO - Burnt Out): (14:48) I count 7 GNSO Councilors who are active in this group.  (Rough count...)

  Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:48) Plus I'm active in both, Greg.  So is James.

  James Gannon (GNSO-Tired): (14:48) I would suggest we doodle poll it to gauge the level on conflicts

  Jordan Carter (.nz, WP1 Rptr): (14:48) thanks all. gosh teh call is going to be busy on 23rd

  Alan Greenberg: (14:48) Actually, it was a new accidental hand

  Sabine Meyer: (14:49) I claim this as a band name. Just FYI.

  Grace Abuhamad: (14:49) Would you like to send out the Doodle James? the call needs to occur on Thursday.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) ALAC Member AP Region: (14:49) thanks everyone... bye for Nos

  James Gannon (GNSO-Tired): (14:49) Sure =)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) ALAC Member AP Region: (14:49) bye

  Thomas Rickert, CCWG Co-Chair: (14:49) Thank all and bye!

  Matthew Shears: (14:49) thanks all

  Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:50) Thanks all - Bye!

  Izumi Okutani (ASO): (14:50) Thanks all

  Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair, ALAC): (14:50) thanks everyone!

  Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (14:50) Thanks everyone

  Sabine Meyer: (14:50) bye!

  David McAuley (RySG): (14:50) Thanks all

  Alan Greenberg: (14:50) Sabine, with my comppliments

  Sabine Meyer: (14:50) :D

  Christopher Wilkinson: (14:50) B'ye all, CW

  • No labels